Thread: More mentions by John Byrne of AF...

Default More mentions by John Byrne of AF...

For a guy who professes to not like having worked on AF and not really caring about the characters(not to mention, saying they never deserved to have their own title)...John seems to mention them with a fondness(every once in a blue moon).

http://byrnerobotics.com/forum/forum...=1&totPosts=37

In the Thread, he says if he had the chance...He might be interested in a series with Northstar and Aurora(with Heather guest starring...I told you guys that she was his favorite! A quote is below). I've mentioned it before and I'll say it again....John Byrne is secretly fond of his Canadian creations...he just doesn't openly admit it(for some unguessable, probably ridiclous reason).

The Quote from John..."Northstar and Aurora are the only members of Alpha I would be seriously interested in revisiting (with maybe an occasional guest shot by Heather). But, of course, I don't know how badly screwed up they are these days."

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

I always thought his best work with a character was with Heather. From the first issue on she was always one of the better written characters during his run.

Well, it's nice to see JB talks in good terms of AF characters. Of course he don't like what happened to them when he left, but I think many fans will agree with him.
    Quand l'appétit va, tout va!
    -Obélix

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Finally, John Byrne admits some fondness for some of his characters, quite frankly some of the best comic book heroes ever created.

If they started out two-dimensional or mischaracterized, John made them complex and interesting. Where others consciously pooped on what had been established, issues 1 thru 28 of vol. 1 didn't try to rain on anybody else's parade.
    Once upon a time, they exploded from the pages of The X-Men. For a moment, they were "Canada's answer to The Avengers."

They were ALPHA FLIGHT....

...once upon a time.