Thread: Ultimate Alpha Flight

Default Ultimate Alpha Flight

Of course, I'd love to see Alpha Flight treated with respect in the regular Marvel Universe. But I'd also love to see them appear in the Ultimate Universe. Or have their Ultimate dopplegangers already appeared in the Ultimate Universe somewhere? (Maybe I missed it.)

Have any Canadian superheroes appeared in the Ultimate Universe so far? Is Ultimate Wolverine still Canadian? How and where has Canada been portrayed in the Ultimate Universe? Have they show the real Prime Minister of Canada (like they've shown Dubya), a fictional/mystery Prime Minister, or no Prime Minister at all? For that matter, have any real world political leaders appeared besides Dubya? Inquiring minds want to know (well, mine does anyway).

Hi Troy, Welcome to Alpha Waves! Lots of people want to see an ultimate AF, but I can't see it happening any time soon. So far the only characters we've seen that I know of are Northstar, who appears occasionally in Ulitmate X-Men and possible Ultimate Puck apperance, but that's all assumption that the circus dwarf shown is him.

Ben

Thanks for the warm welcome, Ben!

How was Northstar portrayed in Ultimate X-Men? How was he similar/different from his MU counterpart?
    Author of PERFECT MAN and FROSTY IS A STUPID NAME.

www.troywilson.ca

Quote Originally Posted by Troy Wilson
    Thanks for the warm welcome, Ben!

How was Northstar portrayed in Ultimate X-Men? How was he similar/different from his MU counterpart?
    He's got long hair, runs fast, doean't fly, doesn't have pointed ears. Is still gay, still arogant, and is younger than in MU.

Here's an image from his first Ultimate X-men apperance. This was before he actually enrolled in the Xavier institute., and before his hair got long. http://www.alphaflight.net/character..._gallery20.jpg

Ben

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

He's also the son of the Canadian ambassador.
    (If Ultimate was a consistent alternate reality, I'd assume adopted, but he could just be the son.)

- Le Messor
    "Mark 'Ultimate Marvel' Millar is writing a series about Jesus? There's not enough water in this country for the showers I'd need after reading that!"

Thanks, Ben and Le Messor!

Glad he's still gay and arrogant. The non-pointy ears make sense, given the quasi-realistic approach of the Ultimate Universe. I think the removal of Northstar's flight power might have been a misstep, though. Makes him too much like the Ultimate U's Quicksilver.

Any mention of Ultimate Northstar having a sister?

Anyone have any info about how Canada in general has been portrayed in the Ultimate Universe? How, for instance, is the aforementioned Canadian ambassador portrayed? I'm hungry to know all about any and all happenings in and mentions of Canada in the Ultimate U.
    Author of PERFECT MAN and FROSTY IS A STUPID NAME.

www.troywilson.ca

Just a small correction Northstar dose not go to the Xavier Institue. he goes to the Magnet school where Emma Frost teaches (Ulti-Hellions) Yes he is gay and has even made a date with Colosis for the homecoming dance.

No hint's of a sister yet
    Or light powers (yet he still goes by Northstar)

In the Utlimates (Avengers) we have seen "Captains" from around the world but not Canada yet (following the idea that the suits are flags he would look like Guardian if they were to make one)

Wolverine had every thing done to him by the Weapon X program that was a part of S.H.I.E.L.D. and happend in the US. Wolverie dose go to Canada to hide in the wilds when he runs off, and he says Eh alot so he a link to Canada but they have yet to dive into it.

Other things I think about when thinking of an Ulti-Alpha:
    Banner became Hulk trying to make a new Super-Soldier NOT gamma radation, the effect was purely gene-altering. So if Walter were to follow Banner's work how would you arrive at him becoming a host for Tanarraq? would you get an Utli-Sasquatch or an Ulti-Major Mapleleaf?

I have alot of Ideas for an Ulti-Alpha

In my head for Alpha Flight, this is what I did for the Great Beasts thing:

First off, in the case of Walter, he's a mutant in my head. His relationship with Banner is something I really don't want to discuss because people might take it sensationally. But despite that take, Walter was married to Veronica, had a son. Worked in the equivalent of department H, still a smart jock who got his chance with a recommendation by someone in the equivalent of department H.

About two years ago before the comic series would began, his son dies. A nod to the non-existent son in 616. This chain of events got Walter into depression, making him suspect of being possessed by one of the Great Beasts which feeds of negativity. On top of that, Walter works with the chick that ultimately out to destroy all the Great Beasts. Thus by possessing Walter, they feed off his energy and gain the trust of Snowbird as an ally. Two birds with one stone, so to say. Once Tanaraq gets enough strength to take over Walter’s mind and body, he simply attempts to kill Snowbird (who incidently, has little clue she is a demi goddess around that time).

The whole thing is really complicated in my head. *lol*

I have been working on an idea in my head about the great beasts but have yet to put it to paper. It revolves around certian people having a certian genetic make-up that allows the Great Beasts to come into our realm through them and there are cults that worship members of the great beasts and search for these people to bring the beasts over. It's not written yet, but I hope to do it soon [-o<
    Rockin' Roll Martian!!!

I would buy it, but only if the quality matched "The Ultimates"

Cheers

QM
    "Life is not about having the right answers. Life is about having the right questions" - QM

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Spyridona
    First off, in the case of Walter, he's a mutant in my head. His relationship with Banner is something I really don't want to discuss because people might take it sensationally. But despite that take, Walter was married to Veronica, had a son.
    So, your version has them in a gay relationship, in other words?

- Le Messor
    "Energizer Bunny arrested - charged with battery."

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyridona
    First off, in the case of Walter, he's a mutant in my head. His relationship with Banner is something I really don't want to discuss because people might take it sensationally. But despite that take, Walter was married to Veronica, had a son.
    So, your version has them in a gay relationship, in other words?

- Le Messor
    "Energizer Bunny arrested - charged with battery."
    Brokeback Lab.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Legerd
    Brokeback Lab.
    *whimper*... I don't know those words...

- Le Messor
    "Eschew Obfuscation"