Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mark Millar Discusses Alpha Flight Relaunch

Default Well, it doesn't help...

Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    Funny because a lot of people just read what was written there and not the whole thing, and now there are people saying on message boards all over that Millar said he's relaunching AF

Ben
    that Joey Q is stating in an interview at the NY Comicon (on Newsarama)that Mark is going to be writing it - even though he seemed to be joking...

Civil War info from NYCC
    http://www.newsarama.com/NYCC/Marvel...War/report.htm

"And isn't Mark Millar doing something with Alpha Flight?" Bendis asked.

"I think he's writing Alpha Flight," Quesada replied.

Is Joe Q messing with us?

Hard to say anymore. Ben, you know anything? I figure Millar wouldn't have lied to you but then things may have changed since he emailed you.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

How many Alphans are still alive/active in MU?

Could any of these make a comeback?

With Purple Man being used so much it would be good to see Kara on the new AF team.

i think quesada was being sarcastic, and he and bendis were playing around with the interview posted here.

Are we sure and certain AF is going to gave an ungoing serie? Maybe it's something else, a mini-serie maybe, maybe something else, no?
    Quand l'appétit va, tout va!
    -Obélix

Quote Originally Posted by varo
    i think quesada was being sarcastic, and he and bendis were playing around with the interview posted here.
    Yeah. They certaily don't seem at all definite about the matter. If Millar has been the one pushing the idea at Marvel, and he is a writer, this might just be a natural assumption, and we might simply know better ... having got the word from the proverbial horses mouth.

Well, Millar is not the most honest of folks...

Though, if Millar writes certian characters well, I may forgive him for his UF4 fiasco.

Quote Originally Posted by JackFrostUK
    How many Alphans are still alive/active in MU?

Could any of these make a comeback?

With Purple Man being used so much it would be good to see Kara on the new AF team.
    Hmmm. I guess that would be Puck, Shaman, Zuzha, Sasquatch, Aurora, Northstar, Box, Diamond Lil, Guardian, Vindicator, Major Mapleleaf, Box, Snowbird; but 'alive' is unknown for 8 of them.

Nemesis and Yukon Jack, Centenniel, 2 may be dead.

Then there's Talisman, Persuasion, Pathway, Goblyn, Manikin, Wyre, Feedback, Witchfire; alive but active?

Windshear still have his powers? Wild Child doesn't. I'm probably forgetting some.

Live it.

Marrina's inert form was seen in the Master's possession as of the Kang War arc. That doesn't make her active, but makes her return usable.
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67
    Great...Now the writer of the "Ultimates" is going to tackle AF? I'm thrilled.

Seriously, I find it hard to believe Millar has any "old school" in him after reading any of his "Ultimate" books.

Dana

Weather its Millar or someone else, I'm just glad to see that Alpha Flight is making a come back after getting owned by the Collective.
    I BETA TESTED YOUR GIRLFRIEND.

From this week's Mondays With Marts:

'Also—please know that all of Alpha Flight haven’t actually died.'
    Nothing new, but it's something.

Well, the 'all' now confirms (pretty much) that some of them died, so we have to start giving up a little hope... Shaman looks awfully bloodsplattered and blue, no? *tear* And speaking of which, poor Mac crying at me... aww...
    The ability to defy death can be achieved...
    It is a state acquired through compassion not greed...

Well Tom Brevoort seems to be out of the loop about Northstar and Alpha Flight. He was asked about AF and gave a "huh?" response, then went on to say he knew nothing about there being anything with Alpha Flight in it. Don't know if he meant Civil War too. No idea about Northstar, either.

Marts has always been behind having AF on the schedule, so maybe he's still in there pushing for it now. We all sort of knew that some AF members would be dead, but who is now the issue.

Also, speculation still exists that some AF members will join a new Avengers team, while other speculation I found hints that only Northstar of anyone associated with AF will appear in a comic in 2006. With lines, that is.

I still think either AF or an Avengers title with AF members is on the way. The former makes much more sense but then again this is Marvel (She-Hulk, Xavier Exaclibur, Jemas, Austen....)

Live it.

I'm sure I've read elsewhere that Marvel still had plans for Northstar so maybe he'll be involved in the reforming of a New Alpha Flight? And with Marvels penchant for using the word NEW in all their titles at the moment maybe that will be the title!