Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: so if you could pick the creative team for the next series..

I believe the creative team for the second AF/UXM mini was Ben Raab and John Cassady.

well, thats who i would pick. they really seemed to get it with alpha flight.
    Not me, it was ok, but not much good drawing but a little bit stiff. I think he improve and I'm happy about it. But it was mostly the script that I did not find all that inspiring and so i would not like to see Raab as a writer.
    Quand l'appétit va, tout va!
    -Obélix

Quote Originally Posted by syvalois
    I believe the creative team for the second AF/UXM mini was Ben Raab and John Cassady.

well, thats who i would pick. they really seemed to get it with alpha flight.
    Not me, it was ok, but not much good drawing but a little bit stiff. I think he improve and I'm happy about it.
    Cassaday improved a lot since this mini. His work on Astonishing X-Men is tremendous. Especially in comparison.

JC

Art choices - WOuld never say no to Jim Lee, and I REALLY like how Clayton brings out the tones of the characters. Tho, if I may be so bold now having seen his more recent work, I'd accept Calimee back on the book - maybe make atonements for his past sins.

Writers - as long as they can write a coherent dialect of English/Technobabble, I'm not picky.
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Script/Co-plotters: Christopher Long, Will Pfeifer, Peter Sanderson (editor?), and Eric Stephenson
    Artists: Michael Turner, Califoire (sp?), Leinel Yu, Sean Chen
    Inkers: Turner, Norm Rapmund, Morales
    Letterer and colorist: the folks who did AF vol. 3
    Once upon a time, they exploded from the pages of The X-Men. For a moment, they were "Canada's answer to The Avengers."

They were ALPHA FLIGHT....

...once upon a time.

Quote Originally Posted by HappyCanuck
    Art choices - WOuld never say no to Jim Lee, and I REALLY like how Clayton brings out the tones of the characters. Tho, if I may be so bold now having seen his more recent work, I'd accept Calimee back on the book - maybe make atonements for his past sins.
    oh, I agree with you.

Writers - as long as they can write a coherent dialect of English/Technobabble, I'm not picky.
    you know me, as long as they don't get me the bad french accent, I'm happy.

Well, thinking about it, I don't want to see the **** stereotype too, the there is only 2 places in QuĂ©bec : the north and Montreal, The silly expressions, the I'm guy so you got to talk about aids, The AF big armour thing because it's cool, the I'm so found of classical Byrne I lost in old memory and I don't do anything new Ă* la FF or it's supposed to be funny when there is none...

Ok, I'm picky
    -Obélix

My dream team:

Peter David would be good. Although Kurt Busiek could be cool, but that's unlikely due to his exclusive contract with DC.

I completely agree with suzene on Alan Davis! Although I would like Henry Clayton to tackle the Flight again.

Man, why can't the new book be out next Wednesday?!?!

Based on my suprise love of the new X-Factor series, I too am going to put my vote in for PAD.

Artwise I'm really torn between Clayton, John Cassaday and judging by those New Avengers pages Steve McNiven.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Peter David writing, Alan Davis on art has long been a dream team of mine.

Ben Raab, AF/XM 2 writer has too many lack of details senior moments for me. Stuff like having them all called together at a time after Ranaq but before Puck thought 'The last time we were all called together was Ranaq' (and it has to be for various reasons) are excusable.
    Cassady, however, I thought drew very well then--and has truly improved since. Yay him!

Having Hydra agents use Mac's "teleporting" power inside and not ending up thin smears over the West (or East? I dunno) wall is not!

Again, No No NOOOO Mark Millar! Agh! You're killing me here!

Whedon? I'd love that. You guys should know it. But, I don't see it happening.

Seagle? How 'bout somebody who has clue #1 what continuity is? Or, if not that, what Alpha Flight is all about?

Calimee, from the looks of that interview, could now do it. Maybe.

Jim Lee! One of the few people who can draw Sasquatch! Yay!

- Le Messor
    "Dying is a very dull, dreary affair. And my advice to you is to have nothing whatever to do with it."
    - Somerset Maugham

What needs to be done...............

Marvel kiss Byrne's ass till they hit his brain and bring back the man that gave birth to the team in the first place.

Just my 2¢

According to the man himself, he considers AF two dimensional, he has no more stories that he could write about them and would only be interested in maybe doing a story involving Aurora and Northstar. Plus imho, I don't think he's the writer he was twenty odd years back. His art still rocks, but his writing leaves me cold.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs
    According to the man himself, he considers AF two dimensional, he has no more stories that he could write about them and would only be interested in maybe doing a story involving Aurora and Northstar. Plus imho, I don't think he's the writer he was twenty odd years back. His art still rocks, but his writing leaves me cold.
    What he said

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs
    What he said

Ben
    I second that
    -Obélix

Oh, God, don't even mention Ben Raab. The man is the kiss of death. Worst writing I'd ever read until Austen came along. And *both* of them put their greasy mitts all over Alpha Flight.

Suzene

Just beautiful...