Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: X-Men 183 - Diamon Lil

Howard the Duck is not a mutant, he's an alien from the extradimensional planet of Duckworld...So he has no mutant powers to loose. His "abilities" are a dirty sense of humor and a mastery of Quack Fu.

QUUUUUAAAACCCCKKKK-FUUUU!

I hear Squirrel Girl is on the 198 list, at least, according to Wilkipedia, if you can trust them...

Now, if someone has two heads, and gets hit by Wanda's little trick, would they be two people with one head each or one person with one head? This storyline is so...difficult...

I guess you're right, I shouldn't blame Wanda, she can't help it, so I'll blame Pietro instead...
    "I can't believe this. I actually have a crush on a hologram! I don't know whether I should talk to a psychologist or an electrician!" Kyle, referring to Shard

Wait, is Aurora in the 198? If so, is she still running around with the Director?
    "I can't believe this. I actually have a crush on a hologram! I don't know whether I should talk to a psychologist or an electrician!" Kyle, referring to Shard

Aurora is one of the 198, but she left the directors side long ago. I can't remember the full details, but I don't think it was a cordial parting of the ways. The director is left with only Maddy for company.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Off topic a bit: I heard Rob Liefeld is doing a high level project with a top writer. I really hope it's not Alpha Flight!!

Too true, I'd like to see Wolvie' or Creed de-powered...That would be interesting...
    I wasn't really pushing for that, especially given that loss of power would mean death. That wouldn't be cool or interesting, we've already seen too much of that. And plus, taking away powers from Wolvie has already been semi-done before with the post-Fatal Attractions arc. I was really more hoping for Storm.
    The ability to defy death can be achieved...
    It is a state acquired through compassion not greed...

Quote Originally Posted by JackFrostUK
    Off topic a bit: I heard Rob Liefeld is doing a high level project with a top writer. I really hope it's not Alpha Flight!!
    I highly doubt it. News that's positive about Alpha Flight is pretty hard to come by.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

I actually didn't consider the fact that Logan losing his powers might kill him, which is funny because that's exactly why I wanted Selene to lose her powers, so she'd dry up and blow away... Logan's got to be over 150 years old, he'd age to death right there. I don't want that, I just wanted to see how he would be as a "Normal" man.
    Sabretooth I could live without...

Selene; I'm not even sure why I hate Selene, other than the fact that she's an evil sorceress who worked with the demon Blackheart, and I think she was involved with killing the Hellions somehow, I've never actually read a single issue with her in it....But I do have that distate for demons...

Hmmm, if the Sugar Man hadn't been "killed" by Callisto, (I still don't think he could die so easily), I wonder what he would look like now...I keep getting this notion that he's the AOA's version of Forearm or Barbarus...Just a lot more evil.

Sabretooth must ultimately die at the hands of Wolverine. So it is written. He has fauxkilled him enough times that it would only be fitting if the final, true, absolute, definitive, undeniable, irreversible final kill came from Wolverine. Also, the reason why I thought about Wolvie dying as a loss of powers is actually a direct result of one of the first lines of House of M 8, when Emma Frost quickly explains it and Kurt pops off to find him.

As for the complaints about Alternate Reality people being uneffected by the Scarlet Witch's removal of the mutant genes, a few possibilities that I have explored and for the most part rejected (although a half-shaaked form would certainly do the trick):
    1. The Scarlet Witch's magics apply only to a certain 'frequency' of the characters... the magic of 616 is tied inherenetly to the mana pool of that universe exclusively, and thus only would effect those beings who were of the same universal origin. This of course has already been proven incorrect, as House of M applied to those same individuals, and it seems reasonable to say that all things that applied to the residents of 616 House of M should also be suspect to the Decimation.
    2. Those beings from alternate realities are not, in fact, mutants in the true sense of the word. Perhaps they do not in fact possess the x-gene, which is what Wanda regards as a mutant (clarified because technically Hulk, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Captain America and various others are technically genetically altered 'mutants' without an x-gene). This of course has no real evidence to support it, and probably a handful of various little references to reject it. Still, a possibility.
    3. In the Decimation, Wanda selected those mutants that would survive the purge, and they are not, in fact, a simple representation of the 'probability' of Wanda's magics failing as many have theorized. Nocturne, for instance, may have been spared as a direct result of the fact that Scarlet Witch herself feels some minor, as yet unexplored love for Nocturne, as she is a child that Wanda never got to have. This could even be justified as an element of Wanda's subconscious mind, which has influenced her in the past. When she says "No more mutants," she may in fact be thinking "No more mutants except..."

Of course, in my mind, Marvel at this point is not organized enough to actually have really thought this out clearly enough. They really seem to be working things as they go along without really looking to possible consequences or working out there actual plans. The very fact that there is so much confusion over what the effects of 'removal of the x-gene' are is a clear enough sign of this, not to mention the constant contradicting reports issued, not just between members of the company, but even on a monthly basis by a single individual. They really need to sit down again, assign one person to oversee the whole entire universe of Marvel, and in grand epics like this, say "What exactly do we mean, depowered?"

You're probably the only person who could oversee something like that.. It's a plateful, and with everything in disarray it would take a lot of time getting everything back together. With added elements like Apocalypse, the Ghoul, Colossus and other dead people coming back and all the other in-plots swirling around plus those from before (How did all those people get out of Neverland?) It has to be a pain.

I have another idea about Neverland, though I think someone else already stated this; Maybe with only 198 Mutants left, Weapon X folded, no use dominating mutants when they've apparently gone the way of 8-tracks and vinyl records.

On a somewhat unrelated note:
    I'm kind of hoping that there won't be a family reunion between Sebastian and Shinobi Shaw...I'd hate to see Shinobi die...(That in itself probably dooms him, my favorites almost always die...)

You're probably the only person who could oversee something like that..
    While I fully understand that that was meant as a humorous, perhaps even sarcastic comment, I'll respond anyways. That would actually be an awesome job to have, and really, a geekyfanboy is the perfect kid for that job... actual understanding of whats going on, devotion enough to coordinate all the efforts... and yet not able to **** things up for other people... yes, a good job indeed. As for people qualified for that job, actually I think some of the honchos who've been over at DC have been quite good at that lately... Geoff Johns I think is the person who is acting the closest to that function right now, and he (or whoever else is actually responsible) has done a marvelous (no pun intended) job with it... Marvel is doing it on some levels right now, but not to a grand or accurate enough scale... really, what they need... oh, I'm going to hate myself for this... is a Watcher...

It has to be a pain.
    This is actually why I think it has to be a fanboy... someone whose purpose in even having the job is to make things better for himself and for other fans... (note: this is also why I like JW work... very fan pleasing... fastball special anyone?) the whole thing would just be a joy to me! I'd love it! Besides, its what most fans sit around doing anyways... heck, I mean really, the person in charge could just sift through message boards like this one and be like "Hn... messed up here... hey look the fans offered a solution for me!" or even test the waters... sign up and just start talking... "Hey guys, what if they brought the multiverse back how crazy would that be?" Mr. Quesada! Anyone! Gimme a call! I'll do it! Minimum wage! Seriously! I'll even just be a research/coffee boy... call meeee!

I have another idea about Neverland, though I think someone else already stated this; Maybe with only 198 Mutants left, Weapon X folded, no use dominating mutants when they've apparently gone the way of 8-tracks and vinyl records.
    Well, they haven't entirely been eliminated as we've seen in recent issues of Wolverine... and Weapon X still seems to be something more than even that... also, with the various connections to previous non-mutant attempts to gain better human weapons, I'd guess that they wouldn't give up so quick anyways... but I'm also interested to see where they're at right now, and also how much connection they have with ONE, with the current state of SHIELD/SWORD and such... I don't know, I think there are some possible lines there... nothing I could say definitively at this point... but the name Weapon X just sounds cool, so I expect that we'll have to hear it again many more times...

I'm kind of hoping that there won't be a family reunion between Sebastian and Shinobi Shaw...I'd hate to see Shinobi die...(That in itself probably dooms him, my favorites almost always die...)
    Well, assuming that they stick generally to what they've said thusfar ( haha haha), I expect we shall be seeing Shinobi again soon... but I wouldn't really expect him to be too much dying... part of the whole point of Decimation was to limit the number of faces on the scene, and to have it therefore be so much bigger of a deal when a character gets taken out... I also see the 198 files as somewhat of a guideline of upcoming character appearances and involvement, kind of a "Hey, here is a who's who so you remember when we cameo/develop them"... if he was going to die, I also don't anticipate he would be included in the files (Ex: Banshee)

I wasn't being sarcastic, sometimes it seems only the fans have all the information on hand (Or amongst contacts ). and the time to research it...

An example. Like I've said before, in Marvel Comics Presents #52? Wolverine spoke about Kyle's "old man" and how he'd learned to control his animal side, implying he knew him well, and in X-Factor Sabretooth seemed suspiciously interested in turning Kyle to the "Dark Side" as it were... ("Kyle, I am you're father... "NOOOOOOO!!!!" ) but nothing more was ever said of it...

MU is just full of loose ends, cancelled storylines and forgotten plot twists

Of course, Sabretooth never did the Darth Vader impression...To Kyle, now he did think he was Logan's daddy for a while.
    Speaking of daddy's, maybe it should be Shinobi Leland instead of Shinobi Shaw...

Thanks, I know I talk too much...

Ah! If Sab was indeed WC's father... UNCLE LOGAN?!? Haha... now that would be something fun. Something fun indeed. Of course who knows... maybe WC is Dog! Haha, oh Marvel and goofy random plot twists... you slay me... you slay me...

Speaking of slaying, awesome new banner. Love it. Shaman is ripped! And I'll keep my mouth silent on Tally.

What was the relationship between Sabretooth and Wildchild in AOA? Were they related?

Cool new banner. Where is the art from though?

Quote Originally Posted by JackFrostUK
    Cool new banner. Where is the art from though?
    It's from a cover of the French comic book translation. At the time, they where putting many titles into 1 book and an artist, usually this one called Frisano, did a new cover.

you can see here they talk about it : http://forum.alphaflight.net/viewtop...t=226&start=75
    Quand l'appétit va, tout va!
    -Obélix

In the AOA, Sabretooth first met Wildchild in Alcatraz, Kyle had been confined there for attacking Holocaust, and had eaten his last three cellmates, so when Holocaust caught Creed trying to protect some human kids from Apocalypse's Infinites he had him thrown in with Kyle, hoping he'd be killed...They fought for three days and nights until Kyle accepted Sabretooth as the "Alpha Male" then they broke out and joined the X-Men...(Sabretooth being kind, now that's bizarre!)

As far as I know they aren't related at all, Victor said it was the first time he'd laid eyes on Kyle. {Age of Apocalypse One-Shot #1}

It's hard to tell, in X-Factor they were really making Kyle out to be Sabey Jr., it was kinda hinted in Marvel Comics Presents, but the Alpha editors said he was definately not Creed's son and Weapon X never seemed to mention it, as far as I know. One of the people at the Wildchild "Child of Darkness" message board said she'd read somewhere about a another Creed (not Graydon)...
    It's all up to the writer's whims..