Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: X-Men 183 - Diamon Lil

Quote Originally Posted by Shaman Of The Whills
    Do Marvel plan to release a 2nd volume of the 198 Sourcebook?

Offtopic but have any Alphan's appeared in the Xmen movies?

As to the first, I have not heard any word on a 2nd volume of the files, although I would kinda expect it.

I have yet to see anything that is Alpha Flight related in the movies, and there isn't really too much room for doubt. Most of the cameos thusfar have been incredibly obvious as to their identities (Siryn and such), and the only other time where there is a significant cameo opportunity is on the computer screen of X2, upon which a list of mutant names appears. To the best of my recollection, none of those names were Alphans, although I would guess that there might be a very veiled cameo to a member somewhere within the saga. So far there are no Alphans set to appear as significant figures in the third movie.
    http://forum.alphaflight.net/viewtop...?t=341&start=0

Took a while to find that one.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

I no longer even try to keep up, I don't even enjoy most titles anymore, they're too bloody and depressing. I usually only buy back issues from Mile High Comics, and only then when they have a guest character or group that interests me, I would never have picked up Weapon X other than to see Kyle again, I've already stated how I feel about X-4...but it had the Brood...I mainly buy older comics with less darkness (Not that they didn't have real dark stories back then, The Mutant Massacre, Inferno , Galactus eating 80 billion Skrulls, and so on, I avoid these like the plague). I just usually try to get stories that aren't depressing (Not an easy feat).
    Every time I read X-Factor # 142, by the end, when Val's reading the letter Kyle left forgiving her for everything she did to him, I cry like a baby...

As for Horsemen, I had some ideas myself:

War-Lady Deathstrike (She is a Samurai, a trained warrior, and she's one of the best at what she does...)
    Famine-Wither (Kevin Ford)
    Pestilence- Bile?
    Death-Omega Red (Two words; "Death Factor")

I just realized, even if they were to execute Scalphunter and Arclight for their crimes, they have endless clonal bodies to hop back into...
    Life ain't fair
    "I can't believe this. I actually have a crush on a hologram! I don't know whether I should talk to a psychologist or an electrician!" Kyle, referring to Shard

What is Val Cooper doing with the 198? Is she plotting something? I wouldn't put anything past her...

And what is the effect of M Day on a purely physical mutation, say, if someone has wings, or spider legs? Could they still use them?

I just thought of another interesting thing about the Marauders, How many times would they have to die to pay for what they've done? All of them except Sabertooth have died and come back...I may not be thinking very fairly on that point either.
    "I can't believe this. I actually have a crush on a hologram! I don't know whether I should talk to a psychologist or an electrician!" Kyle, referring to Shard

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Shaman Of The Whills
    I have yet to see anything that is Alpha Flight related in the movies, and there isn't really too much room for doubt. The only other time where there is a significant cameo opportunity is on the computer screen of X2, upon which a list of mutant names appears. To the best of my recollection, none of those names were Alphans.
    I thought the file names 'Department H', 'Beta Flight', 'Gamma Flight' and 'Alpha Flight' on the desktop in that scene might've been in some subtle way related to our team.
    Also, the coffin labelled 'Roger Bochs' and the other one with a dead Alphan (I can't remember who), though you can't see the labels. There was a list somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by darc_light
    And what is the effect of M Day on a purely physical mutation, say, if someone has wings, or spider legs? Could they still use them?
    The M Day thing removed the mutant gene from people's bodies, so I figure this thing would get rid of physical mutations as well. Nightcrawler would look human. Blob would look skinny, but with the same amount of skin as before, which, eww... (Okay, this one actually happened, but I'm suddenly remembering the end of _Austin Powers_)
    Though I've always wondered that about power dampeners, like on Magneto's island in UXM 150.

- Le Messor
    "Earth first! We’ll log the other planets later"

The M Day thing removed the mutant gene from people's bodies, so I figure this thing would get rid of physical mutations as well. Nightcrawler would look human.
    Not necessarily. Some depowered did retain their physical mutations but lost their powers. Which just needlessly complicates things (like what about people like Jazz, whose only mutation is his blue skin).

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor
    The M Day thing removed the mutant gene from people's bodies, so I figure this thing would get rid of physical mutations as well. Nightcrawler would look human. Blob would look skinny, but with the same amount of skin as before, which, eww... (Okay, this one actually happened, but I'm suddenly remembering the end of _Austin Powers_)
    Though I've always wondered that about power dampeners, like on Magneto's island in UXM 150.
    Actually, it's been shown that Blob and Archangel have had their powers removed. Blob is now a small guy in a LOT of skin, and Angel doesn't have wings anymore. Power dampeners, as far as I've seen, only work on energy-based/psionic abilities (the only reason I say this is because I've only seen them on psychics and energy-based mutants - phyisical mutants generally were bound in a way their physical mutations didn't work.)
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

Confusing They could have taken this much further, Albinism could be considered a "mutation", and the Atlanteans, Titans, Deviants and Eternals are all offshoots of humanity, they could be considered "mutants" if you go back far enough, and I think the Skrulls are also mutated from a different form, along with the Dire Wraiths. If Mutation is Evolution wouldn't everyone have turned into amino acids or something...

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/primeskrull.htm

If someone were to have a non-human physiology due to artificial genetic engineering and not the X-Factor Gene, they'd stay the same, right, like the Savage Land Mutates. Haven't seen Barbarus in a while, but then, I don't buy many new comics anymore...

That's why Kyle still looks like Nosferatu and not Kyle Gibney before he was infused with Wyre's DNA. (He's a natural mutant {contradiction in terms?}, but much of his mutation has been influenced by outside sources, the Secret Empire, The Weapon X Program....Has his personality changed any? It was the X-Factor Gene that made him naturally agressive, but it was amplified by various groups experimenting on him....Of course, he's also been brainwashed several times and hasn't had a "Normal" life since he was a young teenager...)

were abgels' wings GONE, or just shrivelled up and featherless?
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

From what little I saw, gone with a severe case of molting. Mind I don't have the actual issue, and only saw the promo art, so I'm not taking any credit in case I'm wrong.

Seeing as how Warren has his wings over in New X-Men and that he was in the 198 files, I say Generation M Archangel is just a ruse to lure out the killer of depowered mutants.

while I can see that, HOW would they do taht? his old metallic wings would make sence, but it's hard for Warren to hide his wings...

Not sure, I guess we'll have to wait for the last issue of Gen M. Maybe he's using an image inducer, or maybe it's a shapeshifter posing as Warren?

Not sure, I guess we'll have to wait for the last issue of Gen M. Maybe he's using an image inducer, or maybe it's a shapeshifter posing as Warren?
    Whoa, clever! If that isn't the case, they should certainly make it so... talk about a great way to fix up this whole 'is he or isn't he' mess... personally I hope he retains his mutant power because now that its played out I've become disillusioned with the whole depowering thing, mainly because they hardly cut anyone of actual relevance...
    The ability to defy death can be achieved...
    It is a state acquired through compassion not greed...

Too true, I'd like to see Wolvie' or Creed de-powered...That would be interesting...

Do the entire Inner Circle of the Hellfire Club still have their respective powers?

And having both Beast and Dark Beast retain their powers I don't like, it's a bit much...

See now that is just piss poor! They'll keep around an alternate mutant smurf, but won't give a tried and true team of Alphans a chance. I didn't even know Dark Beast was still around. Shows how outta touch I am!

You'd think Scarlet Witch's reality altering powers would have been better placed removing the folks who weren't from this reality. Too bad for Ravage 2099 he hadn't made the reality jump. I'm sure the 198 world coulda used another feral. I bet she didn't effect Rocket Raccoon or Howard the Duck either and they're right now poised to come in and clean up the whole mess.