Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: X-Men 183 - Diamon Lil

I hope it ends well. It's been a good series.

Sally Floyd will be seen in Civil War: Frontline after Generation M.

Negasonic Teenage Warhead is, in fact dead, killed in the assault on Genosha.

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix3/negasoncxm.htm

Of course, as always, death can be overcome in the MU.

I wonder where Shinobi Shaw is? I like him, he's funny

Let's see Arclight, Prism, Sabertooth, Scalphunter, Scrambler (That goofy lookin' kid again )...quite a few Marauders .

Aww crap!!!! Selene still has her mutant External power, I was hoping she'd lost them, and withered up and died, the wretched old hag.

I'm also it dissapointed to see Arkady still has his powers, I always thought Omega Red would be better off without his "Death Factor", but then, without them he would be easy prey...Why do I have sympathy for him and not Scalphunter? Arkady Rossovich is supposedly a serial killer...I guess it's two reasons,
    1. He has to drain the lives of others to survive.
    and
    2. He's just so cool looking, and hasn't killed or tortured anyone I like yet.

I also like Vermin, but he was clearly not in control of his actions when he went on his killing spree, I doubt he even understood that others could feel and suffer.

Kyle, when he went, had absolutely no control either, and now he bareley has a mind or personality of his own, you just point him at a target, and he goes blindy out to kill.

I guess I'm just a bad person
    "I can't believe this. I actually have a crush on a hologram! I don't know whether I should talk to a psychologist or an electrician!" Kyle, referring to Shard

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Shaman Of The Whills
    Mammomax
    Does she have the powers that name makes it sound like she has?

I thought every woman in the MU had that... asset...

Also, you forgot Princess Powerful (unless you listed her under real name?) from Runaways.

- Le Messor
    "Irony can be pretty ironic sometimes."
    Airplane 2

Mammomax is a giant elephant guy, and Princess Powerful goes under the name Bruiser.

I hope it ends well. It's been a good series.

Sally Floyd will be seen in Civil War: Frontline after Generation M.

I was actually very disappointed to read that report, only because it really took away some of the risk for me... I wasn't looking for her to die, but I thought that she could really find herself in a position of risk at the hands of the ghoul, but now we know she's going to survive.

Yeah, Princess Powerful is also known by her codename of Bruiser and is listed by her real name, Molly Hayes. I was really glad that they didn't depower her, because the Runaways have already taken a big enough hit with their losses... I look forward to her kicking some butt in Civil War.

Mammomax is a fictional mammoth-shaped mutant with respective strength, and hardiness who exists in the Marvel Universe. He is part of a relaunch of a variety of characters as part of the Decimation storyline which followed the House of M. His first appearance was in X-Men v2 #161.
    The ability to defy death can be achieved...
    It is a state acquired through compassion not greed...

I actually went out and bought comics today for the first time in just over a year. #183 was one of those I grabbed. Most telling point to me in the whole book, how Diamond Lil was one of the small group of Mutants (mainly Morlocks/Maurauders?) who seemed keen on joining Apocalypse, even before the hunger set in.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Lil has been thru a lot, with imprisonment, beaten by her husbande's constructs because he was controlled by mutant-hating humans, then seeing so many mutants inexplicably depowered. Would it be out of character for her to view the X-Men's acceptance of the sentinels as a surrender, and wish to be allied with people who would not expect her to take a further role as a perpetual victim?
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

My thoughts exactly Kozzi. I enjoyed the fact that she had a little bit of character developement just in those few panels. Kinda a shame that Apocalypse didn't somehow make Maddy one of the Horsemen. Husband and wife re-united
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Admittedly the plot, from my understanding, is a reasonable one, as are the choices made by characters in the book, but personally I kinda wish this whole Apocalypse thing had come later. He has always seemed too grand scale for me, and coupled with the House of M, Decimation and Civil War thing, I just can't take him as a storyline. While I should know better that the masterminding villains don't just lay back in their private little lairs as they watch events unfold until their time comes around, I wish Apocalypse had stayed down a bit longer, so we could stop all these crazy storylines and factions, to get things under control a bit. Due to finances and lack of patience, I'm going to have to drop all X titles aside from Astonishing probably. To keep up with anything else is just too taxing.

I would have to agree with you on that one. Marvel do tend to be over salting the pot in regards to Big Events. So much so that the storyline in #183, which could have been a big event is slightly overshadowed with all the other stuff coming up.
    Del

I would havve to agree with you on that one. Marvel do tend to be over salting the pot in regards to Big Events. So much so that the storyline in #183, which could have been a big event is slightly overshadowed with all the other stuff coming up.
    I am really, really hoping that Civil War is, as has occasinally been said, the last Big Event for a while... don't get me wrong, love big events to death, loved the old Secret Wars stuff, loved all those crossovers and stuff... but cramming 3 GIANTS right in a row, year after year after year is just way too much. I can't follow, I can't afford, and rushed out in such quantity I don't enjoy. A big event 5 years from now? Sure, I'm on board. Make it a 1 year event. But especially running up against DC's big events (which should be taken into account), this run of stuff really starts making me feel like I need to limit myself to one company's titles... and with Alpha Flight off and Marvel trying to sap me of all my money... DC starts looking good. A lot cheaper at least.

one of the most long term aspects of
    lil's character that would play into her current ellegiances is that in her beginning she tried the 'right' route with dept.h and got cut loose and left directionless when the program was terminated. She was described (by her future husband) as 'not a bad person, but with a chip on her shoulder. it's actually quite believable in terms of characterizaion that
    lil would join a non-heroic faction.

i personally see the apocalypse story as a major arc in returning the character, but one that is an 'event' more isolated to the x-men rather than the larger marvel universe. i also think it is good editorial vision that his return would be now...it does make house of m more of a major event because the event has repercussions. i am actually hoping to see a major attack on the x-men from villains they are housing, along the lines of 'hey, they're taking everyone in...what a great chance for payback.'
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

Quote Originally Posted by kozzi24
    i am actually hoping to see a major attack on the x-men from villains they are housing, along the lines of 'hey, they're taking everyone in...what a great chance for payback.'
    Keep reading The 198.

May have to pick this up and 198.

Do Marvel plan to release a 2nd volume of the 198 Sourcebook?

Offtopic but have any Alphan's appeared in the Xmen movies?

Do Marvel plan to release a 2nd volume of the 198 Sourcebook?

Offtopic but have any Alphan's appeared in the Xmen movies?

As to the first, I have not heard any word on a 2nd volume of the files, although I would kinda expect it.

I have yet to see anything that is Alpha Flight related in the movies, and there isn't really too much room for doubt. Most of the cameos thusfar have been incredibly obvious as to their identities (Siryn and such), and the only other time where there is a significant cameo opportunity is on the computer screen of X2, upon which a list of mutant names appears. To the best of my recollection, none of those names were Alphans, although I would guess that there might be a very veiled cameo to a member somewhere within the saga. So far there are no Alphans set to appear as significant figures in the third movie.