Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: X-Men 183 - Diamon Lil

Emma Frost, how quickly I forgot Mrs. Frost, yes, she's killed too, for money, power, or just whim..., she changed, who knows, maybe Arclight or Scalphunter could change, but it wouldn't mean they would/should be free of consequences for what they did.

The state of the U.S. govt towards mutants has little to do with justice, nor does the typical citizen have much sympathy for mutant life. Kitty Pryde remarked that most people thought the Genoshan Mutants "Got what they deserved"( X-Men Unlimited #36/1), and the "Muties" title is full of people killing mutants with no consequence (From America to Africa to Ireland to Japan, so it's not just the U.S.), it's open season on mutants.

When I get hyped-up I don't think, I run purely on emotion, if they turned over Arclight and Scalphunter to the police, they'd be dead before reaching jail, or the police would...Also, as I said, I need to be more aware of the line between fantasy and reality, and not to stress over the bad things that happen in fiction, when I have enough stress from real life...

Banshee said, regarding Donald Pierce: "He's a cyborg with a madman's hatred for mutants. To him, the only good mutant is a dead mutant." to which the Cheyenne Forge replied. "My ancestors knew the type..." Uncanny X-Men #262.

When that "Type" gain power, whatever idea they represent, the results are very, very ugly...
    "I can't believe this. I actually have a crush on a hologram! I don't know whether I should talk to a psychologist or an electrician!" Kyle, referring to Shard

Emma Frost, how quickly I forgot Mrs. Frost, yes, she's killed too, for money, power, or just whim..., she changed, who knows, maybe Arclight or Scalphunter could change, but it wouldn't mean they would/should be free of consequences for what they did.
    Well I'd be hesitant to go just on that basis... seeing as she hasn't actually changed... but nevertheless, the acceptance of her new image within the world (with the excpetion of Nick Fury at the very least) seems persuasive of the possible image of redemption for some of these criminals...

However, that brings up an interesting question... how much of the changes in the characters we've known for some time is actual development and alteration and how much is simply external from the actual world (wanting to capitalize on a villain's character thus mutating (no pun intended, really) into a hero, although I don't expressly intend to point the Juggernaut as one of these individuals)? Alot of the times its just due to poor research on the characters, and then after the longtime fans have pointed out the error of ways they have to make up for it with ridiculous retcons... so also to slide this back a little more towards the topic at hand... if Lil or any other former members should step forward into more of a speaking role, what changes will they undergo and will they be based on poor research or actual experiences? Obviously there still has to be a little dealing with the whole Neverland, and speaking of which (I don't remember this being mentioned) what is up with Madison Jeffries lately? We haven't heard from him since the Neverland incident... also, does anyone think that they're actually going to explain what happened between Neverland and this or will they just forget to give an explanation?

(Also, minor question, since I don't want to be repetitive saying things that are being said elsewhere, we have two threads on pretty much the exact same subject... should we move the discussion to X-Men 183? Just thinking...)
    The ability to defy death can be achieved...
    It is a state acquired through compassion not greed...

Quote Originally Posted by Shaman Of The Whills
    (Also, minor question, since I don't want to be repetitive saying things that are being said elsewhere, we have two threads on pretty much the exact same subject... should we move the discussion to X-Men 183? Just thinking...)
    I can merge the threads if that's what you guys want.

Ben

Might be an idea Ben, merge threads and lock the dead un.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Default Re: The many deaths of Mesmero

Quote Originally Posted by kozzi24
    Wasn't there another Alan Davis run AFTER Vol 2? They fought the skrulls in Davis' second run.
    He's just had about a years' worth with Claremont. I don't remember any skrulls there.
    Or was that his third?

(Alan Davis? Now there's I guy I'd love to see on a new AF series. Does that sound sarcastic? It isn't.)

- Le Messor
    "Duck who fly upside down have quack up."

Threads merged. Carry on Canada!

Ben

I'm speaking from a position of ignorance here, since I haven't been keeping track of Neverland or Weapon X for a while (Other than checking to see if Kyle's still alive), but I remember that when Cable? and some others attacked Neverland and overthrew the Director, Agent Jackson then double-crossed them, had them captured and their memories wiped of any knowledge of the Weapon X project or Neverland.

So, is it possible that Diamond Lil' and the others were "released", and their memories were wiped so that they couldn't tell what had happened?
    I don't know why they'd be released, but I've only seen how Weapon X was run under the Director, maybe Brent decided to be a bit kinder, but I sincerely doubt it...

Who else from Neverland was there?
    Maybe they're not really who they appear to be...

"All that is not Brood is chaos! It is the void! How can you desire that?" The Brood Empress to Hannah Conover.
    "I can't believe this. I actually have a crush on a hologram! I don't know whether I should talk to a psychologist or an electrician!" Kyle, referring to Shard

Default Re: The many deaths of Mesmero

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor
    Quote Originally Posted by kozzi24
    Wasn't there another Alan Davis run AFTER Vol 2? They fought the skrulls in Davis' second run.
    He's just had about a years' worth with Claremont. I don't remember any skrulls there.
    Or was that his third?

(Alan Davis? Now there's I guy I'd love to see on a new AF series. Does that sound sarcastic? It isn't.)

- Le Messor
    "Duck who fly upside down have quack up."
    Prior to Claremont's return, Davis had a stint as writer., and IIRC, Mesmero died in that run.
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

Maybe all the former Neverland prisoners are now brain-washed sleeper agents, that can be activated when ever Jackson wants?....or maybe(hopefully) not.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

That would make sense, didn't The Director have ideas about "utilizing" mutants "for mankind's benefit?" ..."tools for today" he said. Maybe Brent is keeping with the schedule and today is now.
    Weapon X: The Draft-Wild Child

"I've never encountered structures... of such sophistication and complexity. Where did they come from? Who made you?" Pierce to Deathstrike

"Would you believe...I made a deal with the Devil?" Lady Deathstrike

"There can be but one Devil in your life, Milady...ME." Pierce

I am a hypocrite, here I am griping about the X-Men not throwing Scalphunter and Arclight to the lions, when just a few days ago I was griping about about Weapon X and what's-her-name tracking down and killing Northstar and Aurora in the AOA...They weren't exactly saints either... they did carry out Apoc's orders as members of the Mutant Elite...

"I am more disturbed by the debate between us. Do we start establishing parameters? That this life is worth saving but that one is not? In doing that, I fear we will lose what we are." Storm, on the debate over whether or not to kill Hannah Conover in Brood: Day of Wrath #2

She has a good point, one I'd forgotten.

In all this House Of M/M-Day events, what is Mr. Sinister upto? Is he considered a mutant?

Is the Scalphunter in 183 the same Scalphunter who was Sinister's lackey in Tieri's Weapon X series?

Sinister, to the best of my knowledge, is a Mutate, a human mutated by artificial means. He allowed Apocalypse to transform him from a human into...whatever he is now...

As far as I know, there's only one Scalphunter, and he works Sinister.

Sinister appeared in the special House of M edition of the pulse, in which he received a half page article on his activities in the science section. The article is titled "The Shallow End of the Gene Pool?" and is written by Dr. Henry Pym.

In the world of biogenics, Nathaniel Essex is both rock star and pariah. He is the rock star whose years-long drug binge has left him a shell of the performer he once was, begrudgingly respected, but with more than a hint of regret. He is a pariah whose everescalating theories on the acceleration and resultant gentrification of the Homo Mutatis gene pool has made him untouchable among academic circles.

Little is known about his whereabouts, less about his activities. For the first time in ten years, Essex has made a public entreaty, contacting this writer after he'd read my report in the New England Journal of Medicine concerning the possibilities of cellular miniaturization as it pertains to the agricultural fields, as well as population control and military applications.

That is a short excerpt from the article that I copied down, as my scanner is malfunctioning at the moment. Later, when I've got it working, I'll scan it in to give you the full thing. It also features an interesting picture of Essex in non-altered actual (as in live action, not drawn) form, giving a lecture in Prague in September. The rest of his story is continued in Cable and Deadpool #17, which I currently do not have available to me.
    The ability to defy death can be achieved...
    It is a state acquired through compassion not greed...

Was this the freebie Pulse newspaper? I have it somewhere, will take another look.