Page 1 of 31 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: What Alpha Flight goodies do you have?

Default What Alpha Flight goodies do you have?

Over the years I've manged to gather a few neat AF collectable items. I'm wondering what interesting things others may have.

Currently I have the following:

AF Volum 1 #1 signed by John Byrne
    AF Volume 2 #1 signed by Steve Seagle
    AF Volume 3 #1 signed by Scott Lobdell
    AF Volume 3 #1 signed by Clayton Henry
    The origonal printing sheet of AF volume 2 #7 page 1 and 2 (the intro pages that hav ethe characters bios with the summery of the privous issue) It's composed of 4 plastic transparency sheets with different colours making up the full coloured image. There is also marker pen writing by Jay Gardner informing the printers that the sunfire headshot needs to be coloured, as it's just in B&W.
    I have a convention picture of Sasquatch that Del and Phil got me, I can't remember the artist's name just now, but was an Exiles artist.

I won't bother listing toys and such as they can be gotten easily enough. Though I do have all the Beanz toys and a good pile of the Hero Clix. I'm sure I've forgotten things as I have so much stuff neatly packed away from having moved a lot in the past 10 years.

So what do you all have?

Ben

My only Alpha collectables are
    AF #51 Signed by Jim Lee
    AF #53 Signed by Jim Lee
    AF #128 Signed by Simon Furman
    AF #129 Signed by Simon Furman
    AF #130 Signed by Simon Furman

And thats about it, I use to have the original T-Shirt, but that went somwhere many moons back.

Ben, I believe the artist was Liam Sharp
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

At this point I have absolutely nothing of real value, despite the fact that I think my Volume 1 #1 was signed by Byrne (I really can't tell if the signature is authentic, and it was in pretty nasty condition, around Good quality or so when i got it)...

My plan is to figure out which artists and writers I'll be able to meet in the next year or so, find really quality prints of those issues and then seek those people out to get the signatures... so hopefully not long from now I can pull some up. I have some other goodies, but unfortunately no Alphas yet.

My most exciting AF stuff is / are the toys I recently won online. I got the 1999 series still on the cards for like $25 US including the shipping. A friend of mine in the States also found me both Marvel Legends Sasquatches. Now if I could find the Toyfare Exclusive Guardian I'd be really stoked.

All I gots is the action figures from way back.

I consider my copy of X-Men #109 to be my prized AF item being the big Mac fan that I am (get it, Big Mac).

Personalized Northstar sketch by John Byrne "autographed" by Jean-Paul. The sketch itself is lovely, but it was that last touch that just tickled me to death.

Suzene

Quote Originally Posted by suzene
    Personalized Northstar sketch by John Byrne "autographed" by Jean-Paul. The sketch itself is lovely, but it was that last touch that just tickled me to death.

Suzene
    You HAVE to scan that for the rest of us to see.

My goodies include original art from vol. 1 issue 4 . Page includes Namor, Sue Richards, and the Team in a Sue Richards bubble.
    I have another page from Vol. 1 issue 19.
    I have "appearance sketches" around here from Dave Ross which include Box(unused design form Marvel Age annual), Aurora, Northstar, Shaman, and Talisman plus I have a couple pages of original art from him I'd have to check which ones. I know it's the one where Pesty is grabbing the tiara off Talisman's forehead. When I verify the pages I'll post it.
    i have a Jim Lee autographed ish (Purple man) ; a kevin nolan(sp?) signed ish.
    Also on it's way I just won the TSR Cat's Paw role playing game from ebay.

JC

The best Alpha Flight related thing I have are my friends on this board, who love Alpha Flight just like I do.

By the way, thanks to everyone, for making this board so awesome.

Love,
    rplass
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

What I don't have but really want if I ran across one was the penant advertised in the "classified" pages of Marvel Comics during Byrne's run.
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

I have a sew-on patch based on the cover of v1 #14, with Heather swimming. Also a card based on Marrina vs Namor a couple of #s later.

But this thread always brings up a horrible memory for me. The time I was just starting to collect, and I saw the original artwork for UXM #120 for sale, and didn't buy it.

I didn't know what it was (I knew, but didn't know). Also, it was pricey.

- Le Messor
    "Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together."
    - Carl Zwanzig

Oh yah, you reminded me I have a Northstar patch and a Sasquatch patch too. Varrious collector cards somewhere.

Ben

Hi.

Signed Comics
    John Bryne
    Vol. 1 #1 to 5, 9, 12, 17;Namor #1 (Marrina apperance);Offical Handbook of the Marvel Universe Deluxe Edition #11 (Sasquatch page); Fantastic Four #267 (Mac Appperance); and my favorite the cover of Marvel Age #2

Chris Claremont
    Vol. 1 #17; Mini series Vol. 1 #1 nad 2

Mike Mignola
    Vol. 1 #30 to 34, 36, 39, 47; Offical Handbook ... #2 (Box page) and #13 (Talisman page)

Carl Potts
    Vol.1 # 70 ( which i had a letter printed in Alpha Waves)

Dario Carrasco
    Vol. 1 #126 to 130

Ken Steacy
    Marvel fanfare #28

Artwork

-Orginal Artwork for the splash page of issue 30 (picked up on Ebay about 4 years ago on a good deal, about $100 US)
    -Alpha Flight page from the Marvel Super Hero Portfolios Set 2
    -Colur sheet for the cover of vol. 1 #8

T-shirts

- Asgardian wars
    - Alpha team shirt. Featuring Jefferies, Heather in suit, Sas, Snowbird, and the twins.
    - Bright orange Sas t-shirt. I could not find this one with the rest of my stuff - so my place is in shabbles right now. But i did find it.

Misc.

- Alpha Flight banner/flag from 1984
    - Puck patch
    - Complete Action Figure line up
    - Puck, Snowbird, Northstar (Red and White uniform) mini toys with the click wheels things from acouple of years ago. Can't remember what there are called at the moment.
    - various pins
    - too many trading cards and stickers to list

I have nothing but a couple of Byrne signatures on a couple of Vol. 1 issues. I have all the action figures.

I would really like some original art. Does anyone know any good dealers?

I have so many Alpha Flight goodies that I can hardly begin to list them! But I'll try, (hope I don't forget any):

four AF T-shirts from the 80's: yellow, (with the classic Byrne team); blue, (with the Byrne team circa volume 1, # 24); black, (with Shaman and Snowbird); and white, (with the Mignola team)

a complete set of the AF action figures, (Vindicator and Sasquatch, Snowbird and Puck, Northstar and Aurora), with the Toyfare Guardian and "Reverse Guardian" (circa Volume 1, #93 or so) thrown in

Guardian bust

Sasquatch bust, (not Bowen, but that's on order, along with the Snowbird and Vindicator --Heather-- busts)

capeless Snowbird figure

Snowbird Heroclix

Snowbird "bean"-type character, (forget what it's called)

some John Byrne convention sketches from the early 80's:

Shaman and Snowbird, (sketch by John Byrne, inked by Terry Austin)

Aurora, (pencil sketch)

my fan character, Beta (my then-conception for Mac Hudson's niece)

Snowbird meets Beta, (head sketch)

Anne McKenzie and Beta, (head sketch)

I hope that I may be able to send these to Alphanet soon! (I did try to photocopy the Aurora sketch, but it came out too light.)

Quote Originally Posted by PWalk
    I have nothing but a couple of Byrne signatures on a couple of Vol. 1 issues. I have all the action figures.

I would really like some original art. Does anyone know any good dealers?
    http://kwanchang.com

Here's his Clayton Henry stuff:
    http://kwanchang.com/ArtistGalleryRo...=385&Details=0

More AF pics than you can shake a monkey at, and good prices too. If I weren't so broke, I'd go broke here!

If anyone wants to know what I want for my birthday...

Ben