Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Quesada on AF

Quote Originally Posted by varo
    funny rumor i've been hearing is claremont writing the book.
    Dude. I'm not fond of the 'new' Claremont but lots of people are. He can write a few cracktacular issues and get fans into this series if that was true.

Of course, knowing Claremont is a femme-slash fanboy at the core, it's going to be very intresting...

i highly suspect a "a" creative team.

and it wouldn't suprise me if the series launched from the fallout of civil war.

funny rumor i've been hearing is claremont writing the book.
    You have an odd sence of humour, Varo...
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

lol.

i'm sory guys, i'm just telling ya what i heard.

not sure what i think about that either. but the fact is his schedule is kinda freed up these days, and he does have a link to the team.

don't forget it was his writing and byrnes art back in the xmen series. not byrnes writing.

and if it was the Claremont from 20 years ago, I wouldn't be worried, but he's hit kind of a slump in the last half-decade or so, so that's kinda got me worried...
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

I believe Claremont just recently said his new series isn't Alpha Flight. I will try to find that interview.

I really have no rumours to add but I don't think Claremont is it. Bendis, Vaughn have hidden projects on the way, David, but then there's likely another 30 writers who could be the next one. J. Torres, Frank Tieri, those guys who used to write Academy X, the guys who write it now...

BTW, happy birthday to me! Local time.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokole
    I really have no rumours to add but I don't think Claremont is it. Bendis, Vaughn have hidden projects on the way, David, but then there's likely another 30 writers who could be the next one. J. Torres, Frank Tieri, those guys who used to write Academy X, the guys who write it now...

BTW, happy birthday to me! Local time.
    Happy Birthday!

Honestly? If it was Weir and DeFillipes of 'Academy X' fame writing this new AF or 'Avengers North' or whatever the hell it's supposed to be, I'd pick the book up in a heartbeat, scruples be damned. One thing that duo seems to get, at least, is the fact that every character is deserving of respect. And they very much wanted to do more with Northstar in their last book, but pretty much got nixed.

Suzene

Bendis said flat out on his message board that he was not working on an Alpha Flight book

I'll leave it up to your personal taste to decide if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

it's defitanetly not bendis. he said so on his boards.

maybe pater david or busiek.

thats just me speculating.

btw, i want to give major props to ben and king mungi. surfing every site know to man looking for info on possible writers or info on the next series i have seen multiple refrences to this site, due to the current interview and king mungi's alpha respect thread.

heck i even saw this site mentioned in lying in the gutter.

wow.

btw, i'd hate to be a party pooper, and i'm not even saying this will happen but what if this is the second avengers series they were talking about.

i'd much rather see them in their own book.

btw, i want to give major props to ben and king mungi. surfing every site know to man looking for info on possible writers or info on the next series i have seen multiple refrences to this site, due to the current interview and king mungi's alpha respect thread.
    Thanks a lot, we all love Alpha Flight and I want to make sure they are handled with respect. Heck, almost got 10,000 views with my respect thread.

heck i even saw this site mentioned in lying in the gutter.

wow.
    Yeah, way to spread the Alphan Revolution guys! I couldn't believe how fierce Mungi was on the other boards! Scarey! While Ben was his usual calm, voice-o-reason self who never lost it when idiots would post nasty comments about the Flight or Canadians. Also, I saw some others of you (varo being one) who stood up so kudos to you as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Legerd
    Yeah, way to spread the Alphan Revolution guys! I couldn't believe how fierce Mungi was on the other boards! Scarey!
    I wasn't that fierce

maybe pater david or busiek.

thats just me speculating.
    Busiek seems kind of doubtful for Alpha. I think he and Byrne have had iddues, Byrne invalidating Untold Tales of Spider-Man with that horrid Year One, Busiek turning the tables by invalidating the WCA retooling/separation of Vision and Original Human Torch.

Busiek, however, would be a wonderful choice of writer.
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.