Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Quesada on AF

Default Quesada on AF

NRAMA: Alright, alright…in addition to Ares, we also hear you got something you want to talk about in terms of Alpha Flight. First off, to bring people up to speed, this was their most recent appearance:

Anything you’d like to say Joe?

JQ- They look cold?

NRAMA: Anything serious you’d like to say?

JQ - Well as you know, Alpha Flight had a little bit of trouble in the most recent issue of New Avengers. Heck, I hear that the entire nation of Canada has declared war on Brian Bendis. Anyway, Just so Alpha flight folk don’t spend the entire weekend bummed out, don’t worry too much because there are big plans in the works for our Canadian super team. I think when it all comes to fruition; all our Marvel faithful north of the border are going to be thrilled.
    Del just posted this in the big thread, but I think it deserves it's own.

Aha! I was right! Maybe this will lead to Alpha Flight in 2006 as I hoped and said too much

THey look cold, so no dead joke. Maybe Monday we get Marts to say more, since he is an AF fan? Maybe.

BUt it looks like Alpha Flight in NA was what I hoped, a promotion for the next series, not a lead in or death-knell. But it's still speculation, so... Here's hoping more!
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

That's GREAT news, now I'm stooked.

I was really upset, but now this has turned out pretty good for Alpha Flight

I just hope that we don't see the name Scott Lobdell when the creative team is released, unless it's as the following.
    TeaBoy : Scott Lobdell
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Over at Newsarama there are a lot of people asking about Aurora, Northstar and Alpha Flight

I’m still rather miffed at the fact that Alpha Flight was essentially “run over” and defeated by this new enemy (it’s not that the fight was off panel, if you read the book you see that the fight actually was over that quick) and then Captain America and the Avengers will step in and not only put up a fight… but defeat it as well.

Plus I still say that this “new book” is a result of a meeting like this:

“Excuse me Mr. Quesada but we have had a huge outpouring of hate mail from Canada regarding the fate of Alpha Flight”

“Really?”

“Yes, in fact most of them are calling for Bendis to get cancer.”

“Hmm… Ok well let’s see how we can cash in on this. I know, we’ll tell them that we did this as part of a re-launch of the team. That will make them happy.”

“Brilliant strategy sir.”

I’ll buy this new book, but Bendis is still on my drop pile.

All that New Avengers stuff was to create an in for Alpha and bring them into the spotlight. I think we should be thanking Bendis. To my mind, this is the most positive thing I've heard about Alpha in years. Who cares how it was done, Alpha seems to have finally got some respect from the people who matter.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

there are big plans in the works for our Canadian super team
    I hope that this is true, and I would really like to believe that this really was the intention from the beginning (and that it isn't just the team itself, but also the old team, not some newbies)...

However, I'm going to hold on just a little bit longer to start giving my apologies to Marvel for any harsh words I've uttered as I headed to sleep these past few days... if they payoff is indeed quality... then I shall be on my knees to beg. For now I'll just stay sitting.

As I'd posted earlier (I think in this thread), there were two ways to go. Now if we ARE going to get some kind of revamped Alpha, be it in their own epynonymous title or as something else, I'm in. I don't care what it's called, I'll give it a shot. If it's well done, I'll continue to buy it.

The question lies in the timing. I think for this to work it needs to be done soon, and I mean VERY SOON. A lot of the people, other the than folks this board, will probably forget about this in short order so they need to strike while the ire is hot. (Yes that's a bad pun)

The question lies in the timing. I think for this to work it needs to be done soon, and I mean VERY SOON. A lot of the people, other the than folks this board, will probably forget about this in short order so they need to strike while the ire is hot. (Yes that's a bad pun)
    I think that, going only on the above quote and not much else, the likeliness of the Alpha Flight series coming very soon is highly unlikely, however, my hope is that they will continue to appear in the pages of other comic books, building up to their eventual own series (despite my personal desire to see the book start up, oh, say next Wednesday)... most of all, I think this would be important as it would give the Alphans an opportunity to prove their worth and value to the unfamiliar comic community, giving them some respect. Of course I'm on for whatever comes out, no matter what, but in order to be sure that it won't just vanish like previously, the series needs to rebuild a significant fan force, so they definetely need to take some steps to make sure one will be there when they publish it.
    The ability to defy death can be achieved...
    It is a state acquired through compassion not greed...

Quote Originally Posted by RatCat
    “Excuse me Mr. Quesada but we have had a huge outpouring of hate mail from Canada regarding the fate of Alpha Flight”

“Really?”

“Yes, in fact most of them are calling for Bendis to get cancer.”

“Hmm… Ok well let’s see how we can cash in on this. I know, we’ll tell them that we did this as part of a re-launch of the team. That will make them happy.”

“Brilliant strategy sir.”

Hee!

*snerk*

Ow, ow, ow, ow, ow...snorting hot tea up your nose HURTS. *whimper*

Suzene

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian3d
    As I'd posted earlier (I think in this thread), there were two ways to go. Now if we ARE going to get some kind of revamped Alpha, be it in their own epynonymous title or as something else, I'm in. I don't care what it's called, I'll give it a shot. If it's well done, I'll continue to buy it.

I say we flood Marvel with demands that Ed Northcott and J. Torres get handed the task of bringing back AF. We continue with further demands until Joe Q throws up his hands in defeat and says: "Northcott, Torres take care of it 'cause I'm sick of listenin' to them!"

i really hope they do it right this time.

the original team.

dept.h

beta and gamma flights.

If Marvel is planning a new Alpha series, having the original members, or most of the original members is a MUST if this new series is to succeed.

Also, promotion is another key factor. Don't just throw it on the shelf with no fanfare. How many times has Marvel done that in the past?

The biggest thing for me is the choice of creative team. Get a writer and artist who love and respect these characters. With the right team, this could really be something. Or, at least make it past 12 issues!

i highly suspect a "a" creative team.

and it wouldn't suprise me if the series launched from the fallout of civil war.

funny rumor i've been hearing is claremont writing the book.