Poll: So, who would you buy an AF series from?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A-List creative team for Alpha Flight

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Default A-List creative team for Alpha Flight

Okay, New Avengers# 16 is out, it isn't what it was solicited to be [Alpha Flight's final battle], and it features the most popular characters.

Although I agree with the opinion that Alpha Flight would be difficult to relaunch successfully even if their appearance in NA# 16 were well-executed, I also feel that MARVEL will try to capitalize on the Canadian characters again.
    Once upon a time, they exploded from the pages of The X-Men. For a moment, they were "Canada's answer to The Avengers."

They were ALPHA FLIGHT....

...once upon a time.

A gentleman called 'Rawhide Kid' made a comment on the 'Joe Fridays thread that gives rise to oh so much speculation :P
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

I could live with lots of writers because lots could do well. Furman, Morrison, Brubaker, Vaughn, me. Not Claremont, or Slott.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

While I put my vote on Vaughn, because I've truly enjoyed the work of the Runaways comic, ultimately I would love, love, love to see Joss Whedon take on Alpha, because I think he would really do some proper research and bring the characters that we love into their true beings, while still involving them in good stories... course that is quite unlikely indeed that he'd be put onto that... but I can pray for miracles.

Can we get some covers by Alex Ross while we're at it?

That would be almost too spectacular... one image of the Joker and Harley Quinn that Ross did has stuck with me for quite some time and it still gives me chills... I love his rendition of DC heroes, it would be great to see what he would do with Alpha Flight...
    The ability to defy death can be achieved...
    It is a state acquired through compassion not greed...

My secrect dream is for Neil Giaman to write AF, because I would love a more 'fantasy' type bent the Sandman had and I really enjoyed 1602. However, a close second with be Dan Slott, who has a good all around writing style.

As for art work... Bryan Hitch. He does lovely realistic work, making everyone eye pleasing for both the men and the ladies. Though Jae Lee drawing Snowbird's transformations would be gorgous since he (?) does a beautiful Human Torch.

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs
    A gentleman called 'Rawhide Kid' made a comment on the 'Joe Fridays thread that gives rise to oh so much speculation :P
    Claremont? that would be nuts.

Edit: Didn't Bryan Hitch say awhile back he wanted to do a series?

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Quote Originally Posted by King_Mungi
    ...Didn't Bryan Hitch say awhile back he wanted to do a series?
    The same Bryan Hitch who did the artwork for "Band of the Bland" in the All-New Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe? Please tell me (or post me) something that shows he deserves serious consideration.

I'm surprised no one is saying anything about Ed Northcutt.

And going back to X-Men Unlimited# 12, Christopher E. Long has captured the most real Puck I've read in quite some time:

Puck's word balloon: "I used to help people...I enjoyed helping people.
    But that person I was...I can barely even remember him."

Puck's word balloon: "I want to. But I can't...Don't know how."

I should've put Long on the list.
    Once upon a time, they exploded from the pages of The X-Men. For a moment, they were "Canada's answer to The Avengers."

They were ALPHA FLIGHT....

...once upon a time.

I thought of Ed, but figured he'd be kinda busy with his Degrassis stuff.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

I love Dan Slott.

Some Canadian talent that would be cool to work on it would be Ty Templeton or David Finch.

I’d also love to see Deadpool involved somehow… Don’t know how he would be involved but it would be cool if he was.

Given his skill at mixing humor, Pathos, attention to continuity and serious stories, I'd be all for Peter David
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

I'm not sure, but I think kozzi likes PAD...

\Well given his skill at mixing humor, Pathos, attention to continuity and serious stories, you can understand why
    Del

I'm getting an error message that replies could not be posted due to errors...didn't realize it went up twice.
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.