Thread: Aurora/Northstar connection in Young Avengers?

Default Aurora/Northstar connection in Young Avengers?

Maybe I am reading too much between lines but over at comixfan forum I red that a young guy named Thomas Shephard with "superspeed powers and the ability to use his superspeed power to increase the speed of molecules and blow stuff up" has recently showed up in Young Avengers. And not only that but he also has white hair. Only a coincidence or a hint to Northstar and Aurora's past? Time will tell...

Doubtful, he and Wiccan are probally connected to Scarlet Witch being their twins or something.

Speed...White hair...Young AVENGERS...the connection is Quicksilver
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

It's true that NS and Aurora don't have white hair. They have black hair that shines white rather than blue as most black hair is depicted. This has confused a lot of colourists over the years. Quicksilver DOES have white hair however.

Ben

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

He's more of a blonde, at least that's what I got, and is connected to another member. Everyone keeps mistaking them.

But, this was the series where the gay couple (Wiccan and Hulkling) asked "Why should Northstar have all the fun?"

- Le Messor
    "Down with ignurance!"

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor
    He's more of a blonde, at least that's what I got, and is connected to another member. Everyone keeps mistaking them.

But, this was the series where the gay couple (Wiccan and Hulkling) asked "Why should Northstar have all the fun?"

- Le Messor
    "Down with ignurance!"
    LOL...but hasn't it been established that conceiving children is NOT Northstar's idea of fun?
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

I believe it's Wiccan (one of the gay ones) who everyone mistakes Tommy for. It's kinda hard to say, because it could also be Hulkling. The art is good, but it doesn't differentiate between the characters enough. They could all be twins.

Kozzi... the, um, fun was coming out publicly. I'm not going to comment further, I'm not going to comment further.
    You're vicious. I like it.

- Le Messor
    "Due to a shortage of devoted followers, the production of great leaders has been discontinued."

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor
    I believe it's Wiccan (one of the gay ones) who everyone mistakes Tommy for. It's kinda hard to say, because it could also be Hulkling. The art is good, but it doesn't differentiate between the characters enough. They could all be twins.
    Yes, it's Wiccan and Thomas [speedster] that look the same. That's why I think they might have some connection to Scarlet Witch's twins.

Considering that William and Thomas were the names of her twins, I'd say it's a safe bet.

Quote Originally Posted by MistressMerr
    Considering that William and Thomas were the names of her twins, I'd say it's a safe bet.
    Um, correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't William and Thomas figments of Wanda's overfertile (no pun intended) imagination, mixed with reality-altering abilities?? I'm lost, and don't have 90% of the HoM line...
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

Quote Originally Posted by HappyCanuck
    Quote Originally Posted by MistressMerr
    Um, correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't William and Thomas figments of Wanda's overfertile (no pun intended) imagination, mixed with reality-altering abilities?? I'm lost, and don't have 90% of the HoM line...
    Yep, but with her powers she could most likely make the twins real now.

Yep, but with her powers she could most likely make the twins real now.

And to add to that, Marvel reps keep talking about how the Scarlet Witch made a whole lot of changes that we don't know about yet (some which are obvious, such as the sustaining of X and M for way past their age prime), and that over time those changes would be revealed. I think its a very likely possibility that this is one of those things.
    The ability to defy death can be achieved...
    It is a state acquired through compassion not greed...

I remeber in an old WCA the twins showed powers at a very young age one made a force field bubble and the other shape-shifted into a snake.

Once Wiccan came out with having magic powers and hulkling shoed to be a shapeshifter I thought they were the twins.

But since the YA members have a connection to past Avengers members Wiccan HAS to be Wanda's kid. the only other 2 Mages are Dr Strange and Dr Druid. and they had Learned magic powers not Natural ones like Wiccan. Also Wanda came and talked to Wiccan in the YA special and told him he special.

I figure the speedster brother with go away to up again later as a bad guy.

I hope later they give thought to adding Persausion to the team since Purple Man was a past Avenger villian she fits the profile to be in the Vision's files.

Quote Originally Posted by dgrjr2000
    I hope later they give thought to adding Persausion to the team since Purple Man was a past Avenger villian she fits the profile to be in the Vision's files.
    mind controllers are hard to sustain as good guys. They either solve almost any problem immediately, or there's always yet another reason why their power does not work on the villain du jour
    www.kozzi.us