Thread: Reaction: New Avengers #16

Default Reaction: New Avengers #16

I followed a lot of the links to discussions concerning New Avengers #16 on other boards.

Having read some of the absolutely vile bile being spewed, I think we all need to give Ben and Phil a big round of applause for keeping the Alpha Waves board respectful, whether the posts are directed at those working in the comics industry, and at other posters. Put any 2 people together, and they're not always going to get along, but things seldom get ultrapersonal, and never reach the level of "I hope you die and I'd say I hope you get cancer, but that would be too good for you."

Some of the real inflammarotry posts I've read on other boards this morning were posted by people who are also regulars here. That fact makes it obvious that the diligence from Ben and Phil is the force keeping this board from degenerating to that low level.

Thanks guys!
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

Kudos to Ben and Phil for sure.

I also think a lot of people have been here for a long time and there are real friendships here and a lot of genuine respect.

Sure there's bad eggs but they are few and far between around these parts or at least are relatively quiet.

But Hey . What do I know.....

JC

Bravo Ben and Phil! Whoot!

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Thanks guys. It's always been one of my goals for this forum to be a friendly place where everyone feels welcome. The credit can't just go to me and Phil though, without you members it wouldn't be the great place it is. It would be pretty dull with just me and Phil talking to each other

Ben

I agree. It's the posters who make it good, and Ben and Phil keep it good!

You know, on other boards (of all types) when things go sour (ie. Lobdell's silliness and the cancellation of v3) people drift away and the board talk dwindles to zip. Here, we see new posters and more traffic all the time. Why? Because the posters say interesting things, because AF is fun (if not very important ) to discuss, and simple fantasy doesn't make us delusional. OK, maybe Del and Happy Canuck, but we can't all be sane ).

The Leafs board I go to has no traffic now that the team is .500, go figure. Even with Wellwood and Steen. But I digress.

When those AF plans come to fruition we'll just have tons more speculating to do, like we did for the last 3+ months with NA #16.

Thanks to all.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    . It would be pretty dull with just me and Phil talking to each other

Ben
    Gosh, Phil! You gonna take that???

Just Kidding. With that kind of set up how could I not use it though?

Quote Originally Posted by Mokole
    OK, maybe Del and Happy Canuck, but we can't all be sane
    Gee glad to be included there, Mokole [EDIT: and who knows, someday I'll actually learn how to spell your name on the first try :P]
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCanuck
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    . It would be pretty dull with just me and Phil talking to each other

Ben
    Gosh, Phil! You gonna take that???

Just Kidding. With that kind of set up how could I not use it though?
    At least he called me pretty....