Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is that faint hope I smell?

Default Is that faint hope I smell?

*New Avengers #16 spoilers within, but I figure this is worthy of it's own thread*

Anyways, judge for yourself. . .

http://www.606studios.com/bendisboar...ad.php?t=56155

Sorry that’s a load of garbage set up to be damage control. If he really wanted to undo the “underwhelming” series then why did he only get rid of two members from that squad? The rest were original members.

This is just Bendis trying to get us all to thank him for what he did…

I read that as well, I don't know what to think now.

Bendis comes off as a smug SOB, reveling in the 'attention' he's getting for so frivolously killing off Alpha Flight.

I plan on buying 2 copies of NA #16, one to be a marker of the last Marvel comic I but and the other to burn.

And in buying a second copy, you contribute to its success.
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

I am sure my second copy is going to make a differnce in the success of this book

But the trade off is sooooooo much more rewarding

And in buying a second copy, you contribute to its success.
    Well there is always a less than honorable road to go...

I also think that this is just damage control to keep us from shredding the whole thing to bits, but I guess time will tell... generally I've stopped listening to internet buzz anyways, so I'm just going to read the issue and make my own conclusions from there... also, if they do return they better in fact have an A-list team of both writers and members, and their return better be good. For once I want a new Alpha series that will live up to the old flame of memory.

I don't know.... I still want to punch him in the effing teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by PWalk
    Haha...so do I...so do I

Oh, as do I, as do I... I'm not excusing it... just praying for redemption... heck, I even always got mad at the dream/hoax deaths... I think that the death of heroes in comics has always been a problem, both in purpose and execution... I don't like the "dead is dead" policy, but I also don't like the constant resurrections and excuses... and I don't like the casual deaths like Alpha's was... a part of me thinks that any hero who has managed to be in at least 12 issues of comics deserves a grand and noble death... so the Alphans all more than qualify.

Maybe it's time a few of us pro-AF people stepped in. There's an awful lot of negativity on that board about AF. I'm about to sign up and put in my two cents. (diplomatically of course)

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    Maybe it's time a few of us pro-AF people stepped in. There's an awful lot of negativity on that board about AF. I'm about to sign up and put in my two cents. (diplomatically of course)

Ben
    That's what I did for newsarama, and had one post at the Bryne board.

If that dude on the board is really Bendis, I'm like, totally not impressed. The sod can't be bothered to use basic punctuation .

I've thought about signing up on those boards and posting but frankly right now it just seems to "icky" a seat to sit down in. Besides I'm liable to go off and start flinging F words left and right and basically get kicked off the board within a day.

When I calm down I'll be there. Right now I just need to collect my thoughts. But remember the cover to Vol. 1 #1 everyone...

"One side superheroes, this is a job only we can handle!"

Let's go to work.