Thread: Byrne comments on NA16 (spoilers, of course)

Default Byrne comments on NA16 (spoilers, of course)

http://www.byrnerobotics.com/forum/f...=1&totPosts=16

He really doesn't care, of course:

C'mon, guys! Quitcher gripin'! When I killed Terrax, I thought I had come up with the most un-doable comic book death this side of Uncle Ben. I mean, hey! Consumed by the Power Cosmic! How much deader can you get?

And how long did it take for another writer to bring Terrax back by not more strenuous an expedient than "I got better"?

This "death", if "real", could be undone in two panels. Three, tops.

I care not.

Somehow I doubt he'd care even if there wasn't a possibility that the team could come back.

Just read that. He's entitled to an opinion, unlike the rest of his forum
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

His first quote was "Couldn't care less."

And I stopped reading right there.

Well, it has been almost thirty years since Byrne wrote Alpha Flight, and he's said again and again that he doesn't feel it was his best work. I don't see where anyone could reasonably expect him to be calling down the wrath of God on Bendis or anything.

Suzene

No big surprise there. The man was never a fan of AF(or so he says)... However, He did create Snowbird and Guardian long before he came to Marvel and he has mentioned a soft spot for Heather. I think he doth protest too much some times.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

I noticed this on the forum:

"One cool thing about Alpha Flight I've always sort of noticed without noticing is their costumes. While they didn't have a team uniform, all their costumes seemed to complement each other. Guardian's jagged Maple Leaf design was similar to the twin's jagged lightburst designs, and Shaman's costume also had a kind of jagged design on the torso. Snowbird's costume seemed to be made of softer lines, until she flew and then her cape bellowed out into scallops..more jagged lines. Even when Aurora changed her costume...it still "matched" the others.
    Was this something you did purposely, JB, or am I imagining patterns that aren't there?"
    To which John Byrne replied:
    "Deliberate. You can add to this the fact that even Sasquatch's fur followed the same basic pattern."

That's cool. I always thought they had something in common, I could never put my finger on it.

- Le Messor
    "Dr Kelter's forehead sprouted italics ..."
    -- Emil Petaja, The Nets of Space