Also, it looks like 2 members of the original FF are slated for termination.
Just curious to know where you got this from. I've read the same thing (just to show that I'm not trying to question you), but I can't remember where, I know I've read it from two different sources. I think (hope) that one of those two deaths will be of an actual FF member (I think one report I read said it was Sue that bites the bullet, but perhaps I'm wrong) and that the second will be an old "temporary replacement" hero of the FF (Medusa, She-Hulk, etc.) If it goes two of the actual FF, I'm thinking the Storms will take the plunge.

The stuff about Alpha Flight being expendable to to their Canadian-ism makes me sad....
Yes, sadly that has gotten way out of hand. After I learned about the Flight's demise the other day and was feeling down while waiting for class, my friend asked what the problem was and I said that it was the death of the Canadian superhero team, and she laughed, not because I was upset at the 'death' of fictional characters, but rather at the Canadian element. I've gotten this alot over the past few years of Alpha Flight collection, but occasionally I actually persuade the doubters to read an issue or two and after even just a short exposure they come out with a lot more respect for the team, although I'm not sure that affects their grander view on the national scale.