Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New Avengers 16 (no spoilers, but a link to some)

Default New Avengers 16 (no spoilers, but a link to some)

There are a few scans of the issue here. All the spoilers you could ask for. Enter at your own risk:

http://www.newsarama.com/forums/show...threadid=59432

I was really trying to avoid looking at it but I couldn't. I won't say anything about it until we give everyone a chance to read the issue.

and the crowd goes apes***....
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

...I've got a plan. A theory of a plan at least. I'll reveal it later when I have time.

It starts by going "I'll give Marvel a chance here IF..." and is followed by a laundry list of stuff.

Seriously....

I can't wait to hear what everyone else thinks. I'm going to go jump in a river right now. Be right back.

Beat up or dead? Open to interpretation, as always.

Since Puck and Guardian show up in Civil War (or so we think), beat up is more likely.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

I am sorry to start posting in this thread but I have just seen the preview and I couldn't stay without saying anything. I have no words at the moment but I hope Marvel gives an explanation to this soon. The only good thing (if there is any) I see in this is that my favourite Alphans (Northstar, Aurora and Snowbird) are safe but... what the hell? You can't do this to Alpha Flight Marvel!!!

I posted the spoilers on an LJ community. There's... an intresting mix of reactions.

http://community.livejournal.com/sca...y/1436677.html

so many 4 letter words.

so little time.

Right. So Bendis is going right up there with Mantlo, Austen, and Millar...

Suzene

HHmph!...Like I said...Hard and fast.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

I am so angry, I'm shocked most members here arn't freaking out. I'm pissed off at the comments on newsarama.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Mungi
    I am so angry, I'm shocked most members here arn't freaking out. I'm pissed off at the comments on newsarama.
    I've got a healthy amount of distance, I think. Like I said over on s_d, I stopped giving a damn a while back and it's all been one big 'What-If' since. I can still get annoyed at lazy writing done just for shock value, or when Marvel continues their tradition of staffing 95% of editorial with homo-skittish fratboys, but I just can't work up the mad for deep, personal outrage over this anymore. I don't care enough to buy the books and I don't care enough to try and change them into anything I'd want to buy.

Suzene

I think we're all too angry/shocked/whatever to really say HOW angry/shocked/whatever we are... Mr. Bendis, if you read this, you'd be best to stay incommunicado for a PRETTY good long while...
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine