Thread: A few things came up...

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Default A few things came up...

I'm not sure where to find the relevant threads any more, and apologies in advance if anybody else has posted these things:

The Snowbird as Aryan controversy.
    A few of us feel that, if Snowbird is meant to represent the Inuit, she should be an Inuit. However, re-reading her origin recently (and somebody may have made this point), I realised that Byrne set it up to explain that; Richard Eastman was a Western human, and Birdie's mother became a blonde-haired blue-eyed woman to please him; in other words, someone who looked a lot like Anne McKenzie / Snowbird. (Of course, this was probably a ret-con).

X-Men: The Animated Series, the original with about three to five appearances of Alpha is being released on DVD soon. The whole thing, all at once, which is slightly annoying (I'd rather just have the AF-relevant eps), but still, we should soon be able to get them all.
    Now for the Hulk / Sasquatch ep.
    If only I could figure out where I'd read that.

I had more, but I think I found their posts. Something about Northstar? Does anybody know what I was thinking about? Anybody? Bueller?

- Le Messor
    "Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."
    - Mark Twain

There was a Hulk/Sasquatch episode? News to me.

"Man to Man, Beast to Beast" original airdate 10/13/96

Here is a link: http://www.bcdb.com/cartoon_synopsis..._to_Beast.html

It's for sale at Amazon.

Oh wow I just discovered that the voice of Sasquatch in that episode is Clancy Brown, who played Danziger on Earth 2. Nobody knows what the heck I'm talking about but anyway I think that's neato.

Love,
    rplass
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

Oh it was a Hulk episode, never did watch that series. What episode number was it?

A few better known roles of Clancy Brown's would be as the voice for Lex Luthor on the animated Superman series, and of course the Kurgan from the original Highlander film.

Images

... and, rplass, don't worry. We know what you're talking about. Just as I know Tim Curry was in Earth 2.
    I know his name!

Obsidian:
    "Original" Highlander movie? You imply there's been another? Everyone knows there can be only one.

Amazon? Is that a legit copy? Amazon implies that it is, but I didn't know it'd ever been released. I've never even got to see it.

- Le Messor
    "Ain't nothin' like the real thing."

Well! Another E2 fan! I don't want to get OT with this thread but I'm sure glad to know we're out there!

Love,
    rplass
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor
    Obsidian:
    "Original" Highlander movie?
    lame, Mik, even for you...

Besides each of the (relevant) sequels (no, Highlander 2: The Quickening did NOT happen! It does not exist!), and the subsequent series', have pretty much debunked the theory that Connor won...
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

Images

Ooh, yeah, just remembered one of the other things...

There's been some debate about Smart Alec's fate; whether he went insane, or his mind was sucked into the void within Shaman's pouch, and he wanders there now as a disembodied spirit. (As opposed to his disemspirited body, released much later.)
    It's the latter, at least according to Shaman in #13.

- Le Messor
    "I'm a talent scout for Alcatraz."
    - Marx

He went insane, was shrunk and put into the pouch, but if his mind is still there or gone forever, I'd say it's gone forever, no more Alec Thorne.

Not sure if anyone will ever explain which, of course.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

I'd love to see Smart Alec return with a new body and worse attitude. After all, Walter's spirit survived after death and returned through Shaman's magic pouch why couldn't Thorne? Not to mean he had to return through the pouch but that he survived in it and found another way back. Imagine with his intelligence and the kind of alien technology he might come across in the other dimensions he has the potential of being one badass villain (or hero).

I'd love to see Smart Alec return with a new body and worse attitude. After all, Walter's spirit survived after death and returned through Shaman's magic pouch why couldn't Thorne? Not to mean he had to return through the pouch but that he survived in it and found another way back. Imagine with his intelligence and the kind of alien technology he might come across in the other dimensions he has the potential of being one badass villain (or hero).
    That was actually the exact plot of the fanfic I wrote! I was trying to work a post House of M story using Shaman, Puck, Ka-Zar and the Falcon (long story on those last two)... Smart Alec's spirit is preserved and he arranges a magical ceremony to create a new body to hold his soul... I was going to make it a minor magical defense force, especially because (and I still believe) that such a thing would be of major importance and use post House of M... Dr. Strange asks for Shaman's help to try and regain control of magical influences over the world... I was really interested in writing it so I could consider it canon in my own mind, as I hadn't yet heard about the Alpha appearance in NA #16 and thought that I could continue the stories of some minor characters as the bigger events unfolded. But now that this issue happened... I've abandoned the story.

Default Re: A few things came up...

X-Men: The Animated Series, the original with about three to five appearances of Alpha....
    Which episodes are those? The only one I am aware of is the "Repo Man" episode

Images

Default Re: A few things came up...

Quote Originally Posted by reaperbot
    X-Men: The Animated Series, the original with about three to five appearances of Alpha....
    Which episodes are those? The only one I am aware of is the "Repo Man" episode
    The other two are 'Slave Island', with the twins (with background roles, but they talk), and a team cameo in 'Child of Light'.

'Slave Island' is the only Alpha appearance not already on DVD.

- Le Messor
    "Draw from your fine command of language and say nothing."