Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which do you prefer?

Mac as cyborg - but not being an over the top unemotional freak.

Puck as the dwarf with the altered body due to The Master Experiments.

Heather in the elctomagnetic field suit, wearing the cosutume that she wore in the late part of Vol. 1.

Shaman as Shaman. I did not like the whole Shaman as Talisman plot line. Found it very annoying.

Wild Child to me will alwasys be the Wild Child Of Omega Flight. I loved that one scene form Vol. 1 #11 page 7. The one where he talks about how peiploe find his face disturbing.

Walter as Walter/Brown Sasquatch/Scientist/ Ex Football Player/ Father/ Ex-Husband is the only Walter there should be.

Roger as Box was the best by far. Never Cared for Jefferies as Box. To me that waas kind of like having The Scarlet Witch in an Iron Man suit. On a side note I thought a writer might bring back Smart Alec in a Box - Just like they did with Walter.

The one and only true leader is Mac.

I prefer Mac as a dead human, which leaves Heather as leader, in the electromagnetic suit. Dana' reasoning is spot-on...why would Heather wear the geothermal suit considering it's shady origins. I also don't think that all of the original Flight would follow Sasquatch as leader. He's smart, but experiements on himself, and has been known to be a bully (see AF #1 (bullying Puck for kicks) & #12 (Northstar, in me-big-man defense of Aurora.)

The Walter as Wanda and Shaman as Talisman stories have ilong since passed. And I personally never saw the rationale for Earthmover as Shaman's apprentice. Why create another character to be thrown to limbo IMMEDIATELY, and ESPECIALLY why create such a character in association with an already crowded and convoluted team?

Bill is also spot on. I always thought Madison taking Box was depowering himself. Great analogy, Bill.

Puck with the compressed rubber body is still a dwarf, but has a little more power. I am not a fan of baseline human characters always fighting Marvels. Let's be realistic...one punch from Thunderball, and a normal human is dead.

Dealing with this overcrowded and convoluted team, I liked Wild CHild best in his original villainous role. "Wildheart" was too much of a pet character, and the book in the early 100's read like "Wildheart and Alpha Flight" in the same way it often seemed like "Talisman and Alpha Flight" during much of Hundall's run.
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

Default Re: Which do you prefer?

-Mac as a human or cyborg?

Hated that they killed him off, but I don't dig the entire cyborg deal. So, I vote Mac as young clone.

-Puck as a dwarf, or compressed rubber body Puck?

Dwarf, I guess. Can't stand the short, hairy, combat suavey Canuck with a mysterious past. Too many like that running around. Hey, speaking of clones .....

-Heather with the electromagnetic suit or geothermal?

Well, if Mac is around around his suit, then by default Heather should were the geothermal. But I want geeky and bookish, but take your sweater off and wow the 14 year old male audience with the image of you in your bra Heather back.

-Shaman as Talisman or not?

An interesting progression of the character, but I liked Shaman as Shaman. So what if he touched his pouch too much. Damn pagan.

-Wild Child as Wild Child, Weapon Omega, Wildheart or vampire Wild Child?

Can't stand the entire Spiderman look -- I actaully thought Spidey had joined Alpaha Flight when taking a quick glance years upon years ago!! -- and haven't read any comics with him in any other incarnation other than the original. So, without a doubt, Wild Child as Wild Child.

-Which version of Box you perfer? Roger, Walter or Madison?

Boch as Box, as it was meant to be.

-Walter or Wanda? [Sasquatch]

Hehehehe. Has anyone actually chosen Wanda? Well, much as I like Etruscan women, I'm going to have to go with Walter as Walter.

-Heather, Mac, or Walter as best leader?

Mac didn't get to lead that much, and seems to have botched as many missions as not. Heather seems ot be the best qualified; though perhpas she can retire back to the coach/general position and train a young Mac-clone for the position of QB/field commander.

Sasquatch led? What, the NFL in quarterback sacks?!?

Human and feeding worms.

A dwarf. Nothing magic, just an unfortunate roll of the genetic dice.

Geo...?! When did this happen?

Liz as Talisman. What, was she around for all of five seconds before she vanished again?

Wild Child.

Roger! Poor little dude...

...Wanda. Keeps him away from both twins.

Mac.

Quote Originally Posted by suzene
    Geo...?! When did this happen?
    Vol.2, Issue.#1

I'm bored, give reasons:
    The original Byrne cyborg thing was ok, knowing that it wasn't going to last. Overall, the constant resurrections of Mac is a weakness of the AF comicbook line.

Dwarf. The idea he "absorbed" an evil being was just too similar to Sasquatch for me.

I think the geothermal suit was ok, but poorly executed. So overall, the electro-suit wins. But I never liked the visor.

I'm not familiar with this storyline.

Couldn't care less.

Roger was a better concept, but the Madison Box looked cooler. Walter in the Box was just dumb.

I really liked the Wanda storyline, but knowing it would end was important. However, I don't like *how* it ended.

Heather is just a more interesting character. Mac (the original) was a good leader, but after that, Heather will always be the leader of AF (to me).

Quote Originally Posted by King_Mungi
    Human Mac all the way.

Like a lot of people on this thread, I'll have to go with compressed rubber body Puck. Can anyone tell when this was explained?

Geothermal. Mac's got the electromagnetic suit covered.
    Shaman straight up, keep that tiara away from him.

This is tough, I'm a big Wild Child fan. For me, I'd go with Kyle as Wild Child, although it looks like he'll be living in Sunnydale for a long time!
    To me, Madison is BOX, nuff said!
    Keep Walter as Walter.
    Mac will always be the true leader of Alpha, whether he wants to or not.

I kind of like the idea of him as a cyborg, but I would like to see him still retain human qualities. then you could stain his lips red and say he like one of those living supercomputers from Dune. Then you could do a serious story about his dependency on cherry flavoured Kool-Aid.

Dwarf.

I actually didn't really read volume Two, so I can't really give you an answer but, if written correctly, I could see a geothermal suit working .

As Shaman through and through

Wild Child.

Roger Bochs.

Walter

Heather , though I really liked Mac as well
    Rockin' Roll Martian!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Weapon Omega
    Like a lot of people on this thread, I'll have to go with compressed rubber body Puck. Can anyone tell when this was explained?
    The process happened in AF #89

Here's his handbook entry:
    1. http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c1...-1_cover_b.jpg
    2. http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c1...n-01-PuckB.jpg

Whoa, what is this "handbook" ?!? Where can I get it?

Quote Originally Posted by Snowsquatch
    The Official Handbook Of The Marvel Universe: Master Edition #1 [Puck]

It's from 1990, and there are #33 issues to this voulme

Quote Originally Posted by Snowsquatch
    You can check it out online at this addy ...

http://www.unfluffybunny.com/cripp12/

Thanks. (BTW, the pics of the heroes holding their capes so we can see their butt is hilarious!)