Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which do you prefer?

Default Which do you prefer?

I'm bored, give reasons:
    -Mac as a human or cyborg?
    -Puck as a dwarf, or compressed rubber body Puck?
    -Heather with the electromagnetic suit or geothermal?
    -Shaman as Talisman or not?
    -Wild Child as Wild Child, Weapon Omega, Wildheart or vampire Wild Child?
    -Which version of Box you perfer? Roger, Walter or Madison?
    -Walter or Wanda? [Sasquatch]
    -Heather, Mac, or Walter as best leader?

Default Re: Which do you prefer?

Okay...here I go...

Cyborg....since he should be dead and the reason for his survival was the Q'wrrlln(sp) grafting his power suit right into his body...it's lame that he's just be suddenly become human again...with no explanation. If he's gonna be alive(God...I wish he had stayed dead)...then it should be as a cyborg.

Too late now to go back(without a reboot), so Compressed rubber body Puck, it is. I would have preferred that he be a true little person(as he was originally meant to be), as opposed to being possessed/shrunk by the spirit of an evil Arabian sorcerer...Lame!

Heather in the Electromagnetic suit(rebuilt by her husband)...If I was manipulated and brain-washed by Dept H as many times as she was...Hell would freeze over before I ever put a suit they provided on again(if I were her)...It doesn't make any sense that she still wears it.

Shaman should be Shaman...Talisman should be Talisman and Michael should be mentoring Elizabeth in the ways of magic, not some random new guy with a stupid code-name. Elizabeth is a much better fit as an apprentice(especially since she was there first).

If I could have him the way I'd like? Wild Child as Wild Child...I liked the sneaky, intelligent and oh so creepy original...he was great! The later versions?...Just awful, but as I said above with Puck...Too late now to go back without a reboot...so Vampire Wild Child, it is....maybe he could at least grow his hair back(so he'd look a bit more like his original self)?

It's kind of moot, since Roger is dead and there's no need for Walter to be Box. A deprogrammed, mentally-stable Madison would be nice, BUT if Roger were still alive and sane(in other words, not a ruined character)...My vote would totally be for him to be Box.

Definitely Walter...the Wanda as Sasquatch story was weird, but sort of interesting...However...now with another Sasquatch having been a female too(Alternate universe Heather Hudson in the Exiles book)...it's been done to death...move on.

-Heather, Mac, or Walter as best leader?[/quote]

Heather...She's had far more experience than her husband(or Walter), She liked the job, Mac never did....and Walter...well...witnessing the fiasco that was his leadership in Vol. 3....Never again, please.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

- Mac as cyborg, should have powers or be head of Dept. H
    - Puck as compressed Puck
    - Heather as neither, family and Department H
    - Shaman not Talisman
    - Wild Child original
    - Madison Box, of course!
    - Walter
    - Puck as best leader
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

-Cyborg, or dead, honestly.
    -I would have rather Puck be a dwarf. And I know that's not PC, but dude, I can't see Judd calling himself 'little person', ever.
    -Heather with the electro one.
    -Shaman.
    -Wild Child the first.
    -Roger Box
    -Walter, but in a maid’s uniform. As his punishment for trying to make a new team, that ninny.
    -Heather, and any time Mac complains, she smacks him.

Quote Originally Posted by Spyridona
    -Walter, but in a maid’s uniform. As his punishment for trying to make a new team, that ninny.
    -Heather, and any time Mac complains, she smacks him.
    LMAO!!!!

-Mac dead
    -Puck as a dwarf
    -Heather with the electromagnetic
    -Shaman as Shaman
    -Wild Child as Wild Child
    -Which version of Box you perfer, I liked the idea of Roger Boch inside, if only Mantlo did not killed him and wrote those stories.
    -Walter or Wanda? Walter
    -Heather as best leader
    Quand l'appétit va, tout va!
    -Obélix

Wild Child as he appeared in X-Factor, bestial but not vicious, with that great sense of humor and good heart. I can't stand the Nosferatu BuffyThe Vampire Slayer-Reject look, I still like Kyle, but it's sad to look at him now, he doesn't even look like the same person...

As for Mac, I'm always up for a good Cyborg character.
    "I can't believe this. I actually have a crush on a hologram! I don't know whether I should talk to a psychologist or an electrician!" Kyle, referring to Shard

Mac as a human, dead. That was one of the greatest moves in comic history, killing off the leader was a great curve ball.
    Puck as a dwarf. I always liked him as nothing more than a human with exceptional acrobatic training.
    Electromagnetic, the geo thermal suit is rediculous and ugly.
    Shaman is a recognizable figure in the Marvel Universe. When people think Alpha Flight he's always one of the members mentioned.
    No Wild Child period, unless he's a villain.
    Madison, the suit design is much better.
    Walter, much less confusing.
    Heather did it for over 100 issues. nuff said'

Quote Originally Posted by King_Mungi
    I'm bored, give reasons:

Cyborg if he's not worm food. I think that would make his interaction with his child interesting as well. Dad shows up for kindergarten forgetting to cover his metallic arms. Explain that to your friends when they start checking you out during nap time.

As long as the possession by Raazer isn't a part of it, I'm all for the more compact, densely muscled Puck.

I never really understood the Goe suit, so I have to go EM suit here. Plus as stated earlier the Geo suit was ugly. I think they used Shaman's old uni to make it!

Shaman as Michale Twoyoungman. Elizabeth as Shaman and Talisman.

I never liked the Fabio version, so Wildheart is definitely out. Weapon Omega was Ok, but I loved him as a villain. Somewhere between Nosferatu and WildChild would be good. Maybe have him lead Omega Flight when Alpha steals Aurora back from Weapon X.

I preferred the Roger Bochs version, because it made sense. Design wise, Madison was the best. I'd kinda like to see Box come back as Omega Flight material also. The Box Sentinel would be a good fit.

Please, Walter any day! I do like the Exiles Sas and when Narya assumes that form, but Walter is not a Wanda!

Hands down Heather! Walter was not competent in the role (unfortnate characterization for him), Mac was too reluctant, although he does make the best iconic figurehead for the team. He just looks like the proud and strong image Canada would want for their poster child.

Mac as a human or cyborg?
    Gotta go with cyborg, it really did open a lot of doors for Mac. He was pretty badass even taking down Galactus and stepping up with various other abilities

Against Imposter-Doom
    1. http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f1.../AF91_Mac1.jpg
    2. http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f1.../AF91_mac2.jpg

Distrupting neural signals
    1. http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f1...ght_93_Mac.jpg

Blocking telepathic attacks, once he learns the frequency
    1. http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f1...light5/AF5.jpg

Puck as a dwarf, or compressed rubber body Puck?
    I disliked the idea of a demon in Puck, but I loved the compressed rubber body. With it he could compete with guys like Spider-Man, and such.

Heather with the electromagnetic suit or geothermal?
    I don't think the suit is ugly, and I liked her in this suit. It was different from the electromagnetic suit and I took it was a fresh start for her and it was her becoming a hero on her new terms.

Shaman as Talisman or not?
    Shaman as Shaman, guy sucked up a nuclear explosion. How badass is that?

Wild Child as Wild Child, Weapon Omega, Wildheart or vampire Wild Child?
    Weapon Omega, I liked the whole operative aspect to him.

Which version of Box you perfer? Roger, Walter or Madison?
    Roger was an underated genius, but I liked Madison's design more. Not the one later though when he goes with Diamond Lil, Nemesis, Shaman to another dimension.

Walter or Wanda? [Sasquatch]
    Walter, I wish the whole Box then Wanda thing never happened.

Heather, Mac, or Walter as best leader?
    I liked Heather as the leader, she tottally deserved it. Just when I think of Alpha FLight, I always picture Mac as the leader. Even though she has been doing it longer than him.

Mac as dead. Very, very dead. Bucky-dead. That is, back when that meant something.

Dwarf. I guess I missed the compressed rubber body Puck. I read through almost the end of Volume 1, an issue of Volume 2 and have both trades of Volume 3.

BTW, Hello everyone. I was here ages ago under a name I've long forgotten.

Electromagnetic suit. Byrne felt (feels?) she never should've put on the suit. Geothermal must be a Volume 2 happening.

Elizabeth looks far better as Talisman than Shaman did. I'd take him either way but he wasn't supposed to be Talisman.

Wild Child. The Weapon Omega bit was ok. I gave up on Volume 1 when he battled himself. I think it was just someone's uncreative attempt to give Alpha Flight a Wolverine type character.

Roger but he died with Madison's brother. Walter wore the armor well although I liked the red pain more than the black. Madison made a great Box even if the armor was fairly ugly.

Walter. Wanda was cool if only because it was a chance to get Sasquatch back. Also I liked the white fur.

Heather. Mac was over his head. Walter uh... he put together a different kind of team but wasn't much of a leader. I like to pretend those stories didn't happen as they are told.

Here's another:
    Shaman's apprentice: Talisman or Earthmover?

LOL...I already answered that one...

Dana

Tailsman. Dude, Michael kinda sucks as a dad.

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67
    LOL...I already answered that one...

Dana
    Yep. Just added it so everyone can answer.