Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: All New Offical Handbook of the Marvel Universe, A-Z

Quote Originally Posted by syvalois
    world class athlete with powers, which can but a ???? on was he exactly on prime shape? I think Northstar was in shape, but the departement H training put Aurora at the same top shape level Northstar was.
    Maybe probably. However, by the time issue 1, vol.1 rolled around Department H had scrapped the Alpha program, and unless its a lifestyle, as one might expect it to be for a very well developed former world class skier, one can fall quite a ways out of top shape very fast.

So, maybe when in peak condition Aurora has more endurance than JP, maybe, but she is a hedonist in one persona and very much against a physical, power-oreinted lifestyle in another. In contrast, JP strikes me as someone who doesn't mind a bit of hardship and likes being physical and challenged physically. In short, exercise and keeping in shape seem like a lifestyle to him, not something forced on him by necessity ... and given up that easily once the pressure is off.

Of course, maybe she has some kinda mutant gene or uses one of those miracle infomercial products that allows a person to sit on there arse, do nothing (but eat ice-cream), and still lose weight!!!

One possible explanation that came to me while I was reading Sylvie's post: Aurora was in Department H longer. Perhaps Mac and the H staff accepted her speed, thus trained her with an eye towards stamina?
    Self training (and here male attitudes may come in) Northstar concentrated on developing his speed.
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

Quote Originally Posted by kozzi24
    A lot of the questions have to be taken in the original context, before Aurora's alteration. They have have clearly changed since then, and if anything, seem to share from a pool of powers, as evidenced by Aurora's "healing" of NS in #50 and his subsequent ability to generate light aline, and when he later restored her powers with his own circa #85.

And if they do share each other's powers, does the use of an aspect of their powers by one twin limit the simultaneous use of the same power by the other? I.E. if Aurora is generating her most powerful light and Northstar uses his light powers, does Aurora suddenly dim? If Northstar is flying at full in-gravity speed and Aurora suddenly takes high speed flight, does Northstar slow down?

There's SOOOO much untapped potential in these characters!
    I think the blame for the power-sharing notion should fall on Bill Mantlo(like many of the other bad story ideas, unfortunately...sorry Bill)...I don't believe Byrne ever had the intention of them "sharing" their powers.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

You're on the money as usual, Dana.
    Mantlo first played with their power with the "we touch and we're powerless" subplot. He did claim it was a result of Walter's tampering of Aurora. I had found the execution of the premise to be faulty: originally if they touched HANDS they created the brilliant light. Mantlo's power loss was is they touched AT ALL.
    In the travesty of AF#50, Mantlo did the power share as means of "saving" Northstar and depowering Aurora.
    Hundal was more direct in the sharing of powers as a means of restoring Aurora. I don't remember anything since that worked with their powers in trlation to each other, and there's been a lot of inconsistency since, especially with Aurora...as we all know.
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

Here's the cover for the Marve Universe A - Z #5, and Guardian is on it...

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ne...05_COV_col.jpg

MM

Guardian is on the cover, but "The Handbook from A to Z rolls on Â* including bios on Gorgon, Grandmaster, Guardian, Hate-Monger, Helleyes, HERBIE, High Evolutionary, Hood, Hulkling, Humus Sapien, Hurricane, Hybrid, Hydra, Immortus, Mad Jim Jaspers, Madison Jeffries, Jester, Joystick and more! This twelve-issue monthly series focuses on new characters, characters who never received a profile and those needing major updates. "

Pardon my ignorance to the handbook, but just wondering, are deceased individuals also included in the handbook, or are those who are published in those pages considered to be the current Marvel hero and villain community? Obviously my intent in asking this question is clear... but are there any other deceased heroes that have been published in the book (Banshee for instance)?

Yup, Banshee had a nice 3-page entry in #1, ending with his death.

Default UPDATE

ALL-NEW OFFICIAL HANDBOOK OF THE MARVEL UNIVERSE A TO Z #6
    Written by JEFF CHRISTIANSEN, MICHAEL HOSKIN, SEAN MCQUAID, RONALD BYRD, STUART VANDAL, MARK O'ENGLISH, ANTHONY FLAMINI, ERIC J. MOREELS, CHRIS BIGGS, ANTHONY FLAMINI, MIKE FICHERA, AL SJOERDSMA, BARRY REESE, RICH GREEN, ERIC ENGLEHARD & MADISON CARTER
    COVER BY KEU CHA
    The Handbook from A to Z rolls on - including bios on Justice (New Universe), Ka-Zar (modern and Golden Age), Marvel UK's Killpower, the Kree, Kylun, Livewires, Living Eraser, Living Tribunal, Loki, Looter, Gideon Mace, Machine Teen, Maelstrom, Major Mapleleaf, Malice (Nakia), Victor Mancha and more! This twelve-issue monthly series focuses on new characters, characters who never received a profile and those needing major updates.
    64 PGS./ NO ADS/Rated T+ ...$3.99

Full June solicitations.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Garrison Kane's on the cover too(sort of Alpha-related).

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

I just bought The OHOTMU #2, the only one I have, it has a great bio on the Brood \/ , and a very comprehensive bio on the Collector (No Champion though...Or Trevor Chase, Berzerker (Morlock), there's only so much you can put in I guess) It also has Bug of the Micronauts! Caliban, Callisto, Centennial, Blob (skinny and droopy !) Chamber (I never realized how horrible his injuries were until seeing him de-powered...)

That Benny Beckley kid freaks me out...he's just so

I know most of those guys from the Masters of Obscurity/Unofficial Handbook, where I wrote a number of bios (As Darc_Light), they are really serious about getting everything right...
    "I can't believe this. I actually have a crush on a hologram! I don't know whether I should talk to a psychologist or an electrician!" Kyle, referring to Shard

OHOTMU Isssue #3 has a profile of Diamond Lil in it.

MM =D>

Quote Originally Posted by maniac mike
    OHOTMU Isssue #3 has a profile of Diamond Lil in it.

MM =D>
    Did you get the issue already?

I'll get it today, I read about her entry over at the Alpha Flight message boards yesterday.

MM