Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: All New Offical Handbook of the Marvel Universe, A-Z

Default All New Offical Handbook of the Marvel Universe, A-Z

Aurora has a nice bio that is 2 full pages. It's pretty good, I wil try to get the scans, but if someone else can that would be great.

Stats: [Out of 7]
    Intelligence- 2
    Strength- 2
    Speed- 6
    Durability- 3
    Energy Projection- 3
    Fighting Skills- 3

Title edited to reflect whole series and nature of thread - Phil

Northstar's speed was also 6 (in the OHOTMU: X-Men 2005). Now that means:

1) They are equally as fast (or at least in the same speed category), but I thought Northstar was substantially faster than Aurora.
    2) Uh, if Northstar can go 99.8% of the speed of light, who the heck is ranked 7? I think Northstar should be 7, fastest speed!

Love,
    rplass
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by rplass
    2) Uh, if Northstar can go 99.8% of the speed of light, who the heck is ranked 7? I think Northstar should be 7, fastest speed!

Love,
    rplass
    Remember, in the MU, there are SEVERAL characters that can move faster than the speed of light - Silver Surfer, for example - thus the speed of light isn't fast enough to be considered for the top position.
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

1) They are equally as fast (or at least in the same speed category), but I thought Northstar was substantially faster than Aurora.

Love,
    rplass
    1) Northstar is faster it was said in Issue #1 [Vol.1], but with her upgrade and her new durability she could even now be faster. However, we don't know the full effects the Hand did to Northstar. Good lord the twins are experimented lots on. Here is Northstar's recents stats

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d1...-northstar.jpg

2) Interdimensional teleporters are 7

I'm pretty sure 6 is light speed, 186 000 miles per second, so they just rounded up. And that leaves 7 as warp speed.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Mungi

Love,
    rplass
    1) Northstar is faster it was said in Issue #1 [Vol.1], but with her upgrade and her new durability she could even now be faster. However, we don't know the full effects the Hand did to Northstar. Good lord the twins are experimented lots on. Here is Northstar's recents stats

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d1...-northstar.jpg

2) Interdimensional teleporters are 7
    Huh? Teleporters don't move at high speeds, though...are you sure about that, Mungi? I would think that the highest speed(7) would be characters who can move at warp speed(like Silver Surfer).

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

7 is technically warp speed, but they classify people who can arrive pretty much anywhere instantaneously (Dr. Strange, for example) as 7 as well

Runner, one of the Elders of The Universe, is able to run (In a Planetary Atmosphere) at Orbital Velocity, and (In Space) at Warp Speed and enter Hyperspace "A realm where the speed of light is not a limiting factor on velocity" The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe: Update 1989 #6. When he possessed the Infinity gem of Space, the Handbook says he could move at "even greater speeds". Makkari, while racing the Runner in the Galactic Marathon, became trapped in "Absolute Speed" From which he could only communicate with "Super Fast" beings like Runner or Fastforward, or beings with control over time itself, like the Grandmaster.
    Of course, Runner has spent about 5.5 Billion years getting in shape and can draw on the Power Cosmic

How many volumes are in this new Handbook? I haven't heard about it until just right now.
    "I can't believe this. I actually have a crush on a hologram! I don't know whether I should talk to a psychologist or an electrician!" Kyle, referring to Shard

By the way, Makkari defeated Runner in the Galactic Marathon, now that's fast...
    I like Runner, even if he did help (some of, most weren't involved)his fellow Elders when they tried to destroy the universe, in a badly written and unbelievable plot that had two total pacifists among those wanting to wipe out the universe ...He's like a big kid.
    "I can't believe this. I actually have a crush on a hologram! I don't know whether I should talk to a psychologist or an electrician!" Kyle, referring to Shard

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67
    Huh? Teleporters don't move at high speeds, though...are you sure about that, Mungi? I would think that the highest speed(7) would be characters who can move at warp speed(like Silver Surfer).

Dana
    I'm sure even from this handbook, Aged Genghis, Baron Mordon have 7. Even Clea, Dark Angel, Blink, Magik also have a 7.

Quote Originally Posted by darc_light
    How many volumes are in this new Handbook? I haven't heard about it until just right now.
    There will be 12 issues

Thank you!

.... but I thought Northstar was substantially faster than Aurora.
    Here's that scan that it was mentioned in, http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...light01-24.jpg

Both Aurora and Northstar having "7" as a speed rating is irrelevant...

Northstar can still be faster than Aurora, even if both of them are listed as having "7" as their speed. "7" must have a range within it for speed measurements...a minimum and maximum...they just don't list it. I doubt everybody that has the same number for a speed rating can all only move at the exact same speed...there has to be some variation.

Dana

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67
    It's irrelevant...Northstar can still be faster than Aurora, even if both of them are listed as having "7" as their speed. "7" must have a range within it for speed measurements...a minimum and maximum...they just don't list it.

Dana
    Well apparently Aurora's skin is harder than Northstar's so she can probally go faster than him now due to her body can take the speed. I theorized this from the 198 files.

Aurora
    Powers/Abilities: Superhuman speed; flight; tough skin; can accelerate molecules in other objects/beings, causing them to tear apart.

Northstar
    Powers/Abilities: Superhuman speed; flight, able to generate bursts of bright white light

Northstar Speed Feats:
    Running mach 18.7 [orbital velocity]
    1. http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d1...fare_28_03.jpg

speed=distance/time
    speed=4500km/30min
    speed=150 km/min

Here Northstar is flying mach 32.7 [escape velocity] to save Paulie and ends 50 miles off the coast
    1. http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...-Men113-04.jpg
    2. http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...-Men113-05.jpg
    3. http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...-Men113-11.jpg

How can we tell Jeanne Marie's skin is harder? Both of them(in the past Handbooks) have been said to have harder than normal skin(able to resist friction, impacts, etc...). Does it specifically say "Aurora's skin is harder than her brothers"?...If not...then it's not.

Dana