Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It's not Alpha Flight it's...

Quote Originally Posted by kozzi24
    Quote Originally Posted by Legerd
    I offered this up in another post, but I would love to see the team renamed: The Northguard. Sounds more accurate as to what the team is all about IMO. Also more dramatic and descriptive. After all you have The Fantastic Four; The Avengers; The Defenders, even The X-men has a cool ring to it, but Alpha Flight (I think) leaves most people scratching their heads as to what it's all about. If anything comes of this "final battle" fiasco I hope it's a name change to help revive the franchise.
    Wasn't there an Indy comics character named Northguard?
    Yup, info about him can be found at The Guardians of the North site.

Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

... am I the only one who thinks he looks like a revamped Captain Canuck? (or IS he a revamped Captain Canuck? I don't have enough of the CC line to tell)...
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

I guess the same could be said for Mac as well, once you slap that Red and White together, ther's only so much you can do style wise

Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

I wouldn't deck Mac in there with Northguard or Cpt. Canuck. Mac's use of the flag is stylised and actually looks GOOD. the other two, imo, just looks dorky (it's the umbrella boots and exterior BVD's for CC, and the overusage of stylised leafs for Northguard.)
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

I agree that despite the general similarities in color scheme for all three of them, Mac's costume design is alot more stylized and original. Also, I think the big cheezy factor for me in both of the above cases in the headpieces, Captain Canuck's seems awkward, and Northguard's just seems whacky to me. Mac manages to keep the symbol, but it keep it from being overused or even the center of attention, meaning that there is much more to him than being just a Canadian icon, he actually has the potential to be a well developed hero as well.

Wasn't there an Indy comics character named Northguard?
    Yes and his french female friend the Fleur-de-Lis
    I have an issue around here somewhere.

JC

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs
    Canadian Shield sounds a little plumby IMO, 'The 49th Paralell' (sp) kinda appeals if it hadn't been Alpha Flight, (but I guess there would have been copyright problems )
    Or Perhaps "Force 49"

JC