Thread: Create an ultimate Alpha Flight /villain team

Default Create an ultimate Alpha Flight /villain team

Hey all,

I've always been interested in Alpha Flight and enjoyed when they showed up in other comics, but didn't really try to read the main series until late in volume 3. Sadly, the characters I did know from AF weren't even IN that series! So, as a way of getting back into things I thought I'd pick your brains here.

The team premise is this:

- Create your ultimate team of ANY characters that have ever been members of Alpha Flight.
    - You can only have SIX team members.

The villains premise is similar:

- Create an ultimate team of villains. They can be any characters from the Marvel Universe that have crossed paths with Alpha Flight.
    - You can only choose SIX villains.

Let me hear what you think. (This is my first post btw)

Alpha Flight:

-Sasquatch
    -Puck
    -Talisman (with Shaman's medicine pouch)
    -Snowbird
    -Radius (more level headed and taking on the mantle of Guardian/Vindicator)
    -Aurora

Villains

-The Master
    -The Dream Queen
    - Omega Flight (Smart Alec, Flashback, WildChild, Diamond Lil, Maddison Jefferies)

Sorry that was 7 villains!

alpha:

guardian (mac)

sasquatch

puck (judd)

snowbird

shaman

talisman

northstar

aurora

box

villians:

omega flight

master

Quote Originally Posted by varo
    alpha:

guardian (mac)

sasquatch

puck (judd)

snowbird

shaman

talisman

northstar

aurora

box

villians:

omega flight

master

errrr.....i know it's 8, but whatever.

Hiya Obsidian... welcome to the forum. If I had to choose I would have

Guardian (Mac)
    Sasquatch
    Puck 1
    Talisman
    Nemesis
    Wyre

Villians
    Master
    Dreamqueen
    Pestilence
    Mesmero (I really wanted at least one villian from vol 2/3)
    Tanaraq
    Belasco

Once again, welcome.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Wow only a few posts in and there's already characters I've never heard of. I admit that I largeyly stopped reading Marvel comics back in the early 90s. I had bills to pay and university to contend with. I just thought it'd be interesting to work my way back into the universe by checking up on the Canadian team.

Am I mistaken in thinking that Nemesis was a villain before she joined up in volume 3? I don't know who Radius either...and he's not listed in the characters on the main site. Also, two of you have listed Omega Flight as villains. Who were the members of Omega Flight? Wasn't Wild Child ALSO a member of Alpha Flight and X-Factor at one time or another?

Anyway, thanks for the replies and welcomes. Keep adding to my list, it's been interesting so far!

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Default Dream Teams

Alpha Flight
    Shaman (Michael)
    Snowbird (Narya)
    Talisman (Elizabeth)
    Sasquatch (Walter)
    Aurora (?)
    Puck [Eugene]

Villians
    The Master
    DreamQueen
    Gary Cody-clone
    Nemesis
    Scorpio (with/out Zodiac)
    Malcolm Colcord(-clone)
    Once upon a time, they exploded from the pages of The X-Men. For a moment, they were "Canada's answer to The Avengers."

They were ALPHA FLIGHT....

...once upon a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian3d
    Am I mistaken in thinking that Nemesis was a villain before she joined up in volume 3?
    Actually, you couldn't really say that Nemesis was a villian at all. She was an anti-hero certainly, but not a villian. She teamed up with Alpha more times than not.

I don't know who Radius either...and he's not listed in the characters on the main site.
    Radius and his half-brother Flex were introduced in Alpha Flight vol.2, but went MIA in UXM 108 (after he left Dept H)

Also, two of you have listed Omega Flight as villains. Who were the members of Omega Flight? Wasn't Wild Child ALSO a member of Alpha Flight and X-Factor at one time or another?
    There have been two Omega Flights. the first one was created by Byrne, and included Diamond Lil, Smart Alec (breifly), Flashback, Wildchild, Jeremy Jaxxon (in the Box armour; again, breifly), and Delphine Courtney. Many of them, such as Lil and Wildchild, reformed, whereas Courtney, Jaxxon and Smart Alec have all died (well, Alec's BODY died, the rest of him is up for debate). They were last seen in AF #28. The second was created after AF 100 by the Master and included Sinew, Technoir, Braindrain, Bile (or Vile, can never remember which is his name), Strongarm and Miss Mass. They were last seen in AF 130.[/quote]
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

Welcome Obsidian3d!

Alpha Flight:
    Puck
    Sasquatch
    Box
    Feedback
    Witchfire
    Ghost Girl

Villains
    Dream Queen
    Brain Drain
    Wyre
    Tech-Noir
    Strongarm
    Garrison Kane

SHIELD would make a good enemy for Department H, in a way.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Radius is also now worm fodder. He was buried alive by Avalanche in UXM #405/6

We discussed whether Radius could actually still be alive just recently, but don't remember the thread.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs
    Radius is also now worm fodder. He was buried alive by Avalanche in UXM #405/6

We discussed whether Radius could actually still be alive just recently, but don't remember the thread.
    Actually, Wizard listed him as depowered, and although that list had a lot of errors in it, Radius was one of the few that were confirmed as depowered by guys over at X-Fan. I guess he survived.

Haha, and the list of characters I don't know just keeps getting longer. I guess I'll have to check out the Marvel Directory and see what I can turn up. Keep 'em coming folks.

Alpha Flight

Guardian (Mac)
    Sasquatch
    Talisman
    Shaman
    Box (Madison)
    Windshear

Villains

The Master
    The Scorpion
    Smart Alec
    Lady Deathstrike
    Diablo
    The Super Skrull

I'll have to bow out of this one...since for the past few years, the word "Ultimate" makes me want to toss my cookies!...thanks, anyway.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!