Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Alpha Flight: The Movie

I was going to make a suggestion for Q'Orianka Kilcher(Pocahontas, The New World) as Talisman but I guess she's actually german and not to mention only 15. I thought she may have been a little older, I haven't seen the film

I'm totally on board with the Peter Dinklage as Puck idea, (despite being a huge fan of Warwick Davis, I just don't see him as Puck) especially after seeing the image of him in the suit. Brilliant.
    Also, as long as Sean and Summer could do French accents, they'd be perfect, especially given their already developed sibling chemistry.
    As an alternative Native American actor to Lou Diamond Phillips, if we were looking at a generally young Shaman, I'd go with Jay Tavare, especially because his hair has the potential to be shaped just like Shaman's.
    I think that Tricia Helfer of Battlestar Galactica has some good power to go along with her looks and could possibly pull off a nice Snowbird.
    For Marrina, I'm torn between evangeline Lilly and Carrie-Anne Moss, because despite how radically different that pairing is, I could actually see either of them pulling it off (Lilly only because of the way she looks when she is wet...) But I also couldn't see her with the hair cut down to Marrina's length, so ultimately I'd settle on Moss.
    The others I'll have to think on a little longer... so my cast list right now:

Puck: Peter Dinklage
    Shaman: Jay Tavare
    Northstar: Sean Maher
    Aurora: Summer Glau
    Snowbird: Tricia Helfer
    Marrina: Kate Moss

Jay Tavare as Shaman doesn't look bad. Does anyone have any suggestions for Nemesis? I'm drawing a blank myself.

Yeah, I'm similarly drawing a blank son someone for Nemesis... but then again, that might also be a good role for an unknown to play, kind of pick up the part from that... but no ideas come to mind right now.
    Also, I realize that she is probably a little too old for the part at this time, but I've always had this secret desire to see Gates McFadden play the role of Heather... I think in her prime she really might have been able to pull it off.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Considering CGI these days--consider John Rhys Davies as Gimli--I think Vin Diesel could be a great Puck.

Audrey Tatou as Marrina.
    Milla Jovovich as Nemesis. Or, any of our Snowbird picks could be Nemesis. She doesn't really need to -look- like anything, just be built and talk tough. Come to think of it, Sigourney Weaver could do it. >
    But I don't really see her in the first movie.

- Le Messor
    "I've seen the way women look at you, even though they know you're a priest - especially when they know, actually."
    - Anna Riley, Keeping The Faith

I can't get this idea out of my head that Jayne Heitmeyer (Renee Palmer from Earth: Final Conflict) would make a perfect Valerie Cooper...Though she'd be more likely to appear in a movie about the X-Men or X-Factor than Alpha Flight...I guess
    "I can't believe this. I actually have a crush on a hologram! I don't know whether I should talk to a psychologist or an electrician!" Kyle, referring to Shard

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by darc_light
    I can't get this idea out of my head that Jayne Heitmeyer (Renee Palmer from Earth: Final Conflict) would make a perfect Valerie Cooper...
    I think she has. Look over Senator Kelly's (Mystique's) shoulder at the end of X-Men 1, when s/he stumbles and her eyes glow, revealing who she is; there's a woman with blonde hair tied back and glasses; I've -always- believed that was Val Cooper. Yes, always. I was born believing that...

- Le Messor
    "Don’t vote--it only encourages them!"

I have yet to see that movie, but the description fits Val.
    P.S. That "Vote" line cracked me up!
    "I can't believe this. I actually have a crush on a hologram! I don't know whether I should talk to a psychologist or an electrician!" Kyle, referring to Shard

Shawn Ashmore as Kyle (I know, he's Iceman, but where just dreamin' anyways)
    Ron Perlman- Wyre
    Jayne Heitmeyer - Valerie Cooper
    Gillian Anderson-Heather Hudson

For Flex I've got a tie:
    Daniel Clark (Yulyn from Earth:Final Conflict, he was on that "Degrassi" show too)or Balthazar Getty(I can't think of anything other than Habitat, Lord of the Flies and Judge Dredd, I know he's been in more than that) I can't decide!

Vincent Price - Eshu (I know he's gone, but, See above) I mean, have you ever seen "The Abominable Doctor Phibes?"
    Keanu Reeves-Namor...oops, wrong series...
    Peter Dinklage-Puck
    Gulaine St. Onge-Nemesis (Juda from Earth: Final Conflict)

Awww crud, I don't know anything about any other actors.

What was that, "Degrassi" something, I've never seen it...

Degrassi is a long long long running teen drama about highschool life and the stress of being a teenager. Did Valerie Cooper make an appearance in AF? I don't remember her in it, I thought she was mainly involved in U.S. politcs(oh well). I wonder what Dolf Lungren would be like as Wyre, and I had a litle bit of a stange thought and I have to say it.......Molly Ringwald (sp?) as Heather.

As an aside, in regards to Degrassi High, this might interest some of you http://www.forum.alphaflight.net/viewtopic.php?t=1118
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

I've got it
    Daniel Clark-Flex http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0163818/
    Balthazar Getty-Radius http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001267/
    Marco Hofschnieder-Northstar http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0389424/
    Nathan Lee Chasing His Horse-Shaman (Smiles A Lot from "Dances With Wolves") Not to be confused with any of the "Care-Bears"
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0496724/
    (No pics of Nathan, maybe under Dances with Wolves)

I've been wracking my brain, such as it is , and I can't picture anyone as Aurora. You guys have made plenty of good suggestions (On everybody, really), so I'll leave her alone...

Thanks for the info, I remember when I was in elementary school there was a show called Degrassi High, but that was before Daniel Clark was even born (Man I'm gettin' old)...Was it more than one series like Star Trek + spin-offs, or just one long-running series, like Doctor Who?

I don't know if Val ever appeared in Alpha, but she played a major part in Wild Child's creation, as shown in X-Factor #142

Dolf Lundgren, he's big enough, but can he pull off the "feral" type?

Shaman-How about George Leach from the movie "Into The West." Check out his pic at:

http://www.imdb.com/gallery/ss/04095...th_key=0409572

I think I got the link this time...

The 'Degrassi' series started in the late 70's as the 'Kids of Degrassi Street', which span off into 'Degrassi Junior High' in the early 80's, then 'Degrassi High' in the late 80's. CBC and CTV (the two stations that ran the series) had a few 'Degrassi' minis in the mid 90's, then 'Degrassi: the Next Generation' started up again - using many of the old cast from the original series' - about three years ago.
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

Thanks.