Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Alpha Flight: The Movie

Quote Originally Posted by HappyCanuck
    given Marvel pictures' trend of making everything a trilogy, you could have the Master storyline in AF 2-4 as the sequels (there was enough info in those three issues that could be compressed into two 2-hour long movies...)
    Exactly what I thought. If they wanted to that story would be great on the big screen. A CGI Sasquatch would sell alot of merchandise too I'd bet.

Quote Originally Posted by Spyridona
    Scott Speedman was in Felicity, 24th Day, Underworld and Underworld 2. He’s played a lyrcopath before. Check out his grin, it just reminds me of Bryne’s Walter to a T.
    thanks, I only saw Underworld in the bunch, he played the lead male?

Isla Fisher is the insane sister in Wedding Crashers. She’s quite funny but I get a feeling she could pull off something semi-serious.
    Mischa Barton is in the OC.[/quote]

Did not see yet wedding crashers and I have no clue what is OC. but thanks
    Quand l'appétit va, tout va!
    -Obélix

Quote Originally Posted by syvalois
    thanks, I only saw Underworld in the bunch, he played the lead male? .
    Yes!

Quote Originally Posted by syvalois
    Did not see yet wedding crashers and I have no clue what is OC. but thanks
    The OC is a horrible teen soap, I suggested Mischa Barton because someone used her as Jeannie Marie's avatar in an online game I'm in.

Spyridona, you're from North Florida too! I live in Northwest Florida....That's something, meeting somebody else from Florida on what I assume is a Canadian site.

So Wizard and I had the same idea, Keanu as Northstar...but could he pull it off And the Wampa has horns, so that won't work as Walt...and Kelsey Grammar is playing Beast...

On an unrelated note, there was an episode of the X-Men cartoon with Alpha Flight, I think it was called "Repo-Man", with Alpha trying to force Logan to come back. It had Aurora, Northstar, Puck, Snowbird, Sasquatch, Shaman, Heather and Mac. They realized at the end that someone, I guess the government, was using them for evil purposes, and helped Logan escape. They also briefly appeared on another episode, I can't recall which one, protecting people from some sort of weather disaster, maybe it was the Arkon story arc.
    Of course, the ones I remember best are "Out of the Past" with Lady Deathstrike and the Reavers, and "Love in Vain" with the Brood, (For some reason they called them "The Family", Is "Brood" a scary word now...?)
    "I can't believe this. I actually have a crush on a hologram! I don't know whether I should talk to a psychologist or an electrician!" Kyle, referring to Shard

I was thinking, I think someone mentioned Clive Owen as Mac but what would you guys think of him as Wyre? Also, I was watching Hellboy the other day while getting over a cold and I thought that the guy that plays rasputin would make a good Master

Quote Originally Posted by darc_light
    They also briefly appeared on another episode, I can't recall which one, protecting people from some sort of weather disaster, maybe it was the Arkon story arc.
    "Child of Light" was the other apperance, it was part of the Pheonix Saga.

http://members.fortunecity.com/drg01/xquick3.html

I don't know who I'd pick for most of the parts but based on looks I'd have to say Kate beckinsale would be an awesome Aurora. Just was watching the promos for Underworld and also saw her on Letterman even better looking there. She could do the dual role needed.
    My Opinion.
    Now I have to figure the rest of them out and some I have to agree with. But not Wizard's picks.

JC

{edit} She'd also be a great Courtney robot.

Thanks King Mungi , The Dark Pheonix Saga. That had The Hellfire Club, (called the "Circle Club" for obvious reasons) then it probably had Donald Pierce in there somewhere. I remember in one episode he was after Dazzler? and ripped the engine out of a car, straight through the hood...

Yeah, Clive Owen looks like he'd make a good Wyre.
    "I can't believe this. I actually have a crush on a hologram! I don't know whether I should talk to a psychologist or an electrician!" Kyle, referring to Shard

Another thing I was thinking about was that everyone (well.. not everyone) said that they want to see Sas done with CGI, I think he should be done more along the lines of Mr. Hyde in the league of extaordinary gentlemen. A blend of CGI and and man in a suit with arm extentions shot on a green screen, I just don't want to see people complain about Sas like they did about the Hulk, all I heard from the 3D animation department in college was that they couldn't stand how big he was and how he moved like an elderly asian man in a mo-cap suit (I know).

Thanks King Mungi , The Dark Pheonix Saga. That had The Hellfire Club, (called the "Circle Club" for obvious reasons) then it probably had Donald Pierce in there somewhere. I remember in one episode he was after Dazzler? and ripped the engine out of a car, straight through the hood...
    No, it wasn't the Dark Phoenix episodes, just the Phoenix Saga ones.

AOA Wildchild also briefly appeared in One Man's Worth: Part 1.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Both Repo Man and Child of Light are available on DVD; the first on one of the Wolverine-themed releases, the second on The Just A Phoenix Saga.

Unavailable on DVD is Slave Island, with the Twinz' first appearance.
    I didn't know about AoA Wildchild, but I don't (and this is nothing more than personal prejudice) think of him as Alphan.

I didn't think they pulled off Hyde all that successfully; sorry, but he looked CG right through, and I was shocked to learn he wasn't. But it could still be a good way to do Sas--speaking of Hellboy, how 'bout Ron Perlman? As Sas, if not Walt. (Look at Beauty and the Beast.)

- Le Messor
    The Hulk? Loved him in Shrek.

"One Man's Worth", was that the one with Fitzroy, Bishop and Shard? I don't recall seeing much of it, I can't believe I missed Kyle!

Speaking of "Slave Island" I don't remember the twins, but I do remember Warpath, I don't see why they lumped him with the "evil" mutants fighting the X-Men in the opening credits...

I guess you can find the videos on Ebay? I have Out of The Past 1&2 on VHS, but that's all. I wish there was a good site for the X-Men cartoons with pictures, they're used to be. There's a site for the Anime Rurouni Kenshin, (I do like Anime ), that has every episode, with stills frame by frame...

Speaking of "Slave Island" I don't remember the twins, but I do remember Warpath, I don't see why they lumped him with the "evil" mutants fighting the X-Men in the opening credits...
    I believe he was originally a X-Men enemy. He was part of 'The Hellions'. I think and also attacked The X-Men individually, trying to gain revenge for the death of his brother.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Speaking of "Slave Island" I don't remember the twins... I guess you can find the videos on Ebay?
    The twins were mostly background characters, but they did speak, and used their light power.

I've got it on video, but I don't know about E-bay. Presumably. Apparently, you can find anything there.
    Sorry, I can't get you a copy. See, if you lived in England, or Australia, I could help you. So, it's your fault.
    (Video transfers to the USA, ignore my current location, are prohibitively expensive.)

- Le Messor
    "William Shatner's old toupee,
    A Kleenex used by Dr Dre,
    I bought on ebay."
    - 'Weird Al' Yankovic, E-Bay (mangled)

I don't doubt it. Maybe next month I'll check Ebay, if I don't get distracted.

On an unrelated note, That reminds me of a video I own, recorded in Canada, (An old pilot for a show called "Lucan"). On the back it says "Not for sale or rent in South Africa or Australia" South Africa I can understand, maybe an embargo or something, but Australia?