Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Alpha Flight: The Movie

I think the reason I picked younger actors is because Julesville said "to make it appealing to a wide, AF-ignorant audience" and since Avi Arad who would no doubtably be tied into the project, he'd want to make money. So I give him some of the young ones (not BBC program) to make Hollywood happy. As for a theme I would go more along the lines of Mission Impossible, but with Superheros, kind of like what Byrne said in his early interview

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by shaman
    I give him some of the young ones (not BBC program)
    Rick Mayall as Northstar! Neil as Shaman!

*shudder*
    I've always, and still, gone with Ed Harris as Mac. Viggo Mortensen works for me, though.
    Alyson Hannigan is too small to play Snowbird (one of the reasons I didn't like Halle Berry's Storm, though I like both Halle Berry and Storm). You need somebody big and commanding; if we can accept a non-Inuit, Jerry Ryan. 7 of 9. Who better?

Alyson might do Persuasion well, though. Or, if I wanted to typecast her, Witchfire.

Summer Glau and Sean Maher as Aurora and Northstar.

Vern Troyer as Puck. (Kidding!)

- Le Messor
    "That guy killed me, Mal. He killed me with a sword. How weird is that?"
    - Mr. Universe

Wouldn't Jamie Bell be a bit young to play Northstar, I don't think he's even 20...I have no idea who could play these characters, I really don't like adaptions... here are a few ideas:

Gillian Anderson as Heather, Keanu Reeves (Or maybe Orlando Bloom) as Northstar...heck, I don't even know of that many actors...just as long as they don't cast Andy Sirkies as Wildchild

The one actor I thought of to play Kyle is already playing Iceman in the X-Men movies; Shawn Ashmore. I saw him on an episode of The Outer Limits called "Lion's Den", where he played a high-school wrestler mutated into a bestial animal boy using lion-based steroids...very Wildchild -like.
    "I can't believe this. I actually have a crush on a hologram! I don't know whether I should talk to a psychologist or an electrician!" Kyle, referring to Shard

I remember when wizard did a casting for alpha flight vol 2
    the cast was
    Wizard #82 - June 1998 - Alpha Flight

Guardian - Ben Affleck
    Puck - Danny Woodburn
    Sasquatch - The Wampa ( )
    Vindicator - Gillian Anderson
    Murmur - Yasmeen Ghauri
    Radius - Mark Wahlberg
    Flex - Edward Norton
    Sunfire - Dustin Nguyen
    General Clarke - Pete Postlethwaite
    Scorpio - Dylan McDermott
    Diamond Lil - Mariska Hargitay
    Northstar - Keanu Reeves
    Mesmero - Kelsey Grammer
    The Master of the World - Dennis Miller

Summer Glau and Sean Maher as Aurora and Northstar.
    Seriously, the Tams are clearly descendents of the Beaubiers or something.

LOL - thanks for the pointer to the Peter Dinklage photo. It is Puck to a tee - right down to the goatee and expression. If anyone on this thread remembers back to the AWaves mailing list days, when a similar proposition was raised, people were suggesting Bob Hoskins as Puck (!).

As for the Snowbird casting - I never formed the impression that Narya was Inuit or Native American. She has blonde hair and weird eyes -- have you seen Alyson Hannigan in her evil witch form in Buffy? Her eyes are weird, and she has a certain other-worldliness about her (even before her Willow became evil and witchy).

I guess it's interesting if we tried casting against type, as they did with Elijah Wood in Sin City (where he was evil ninja kungfu cannibal guy), hence my pick of Alyson Hannigan for Snowbird.

Sylvie - Rosario Dawson plays Gail (super ninja leather chick hooker) in the Sin City movie.

As for villains, I'd pick someone like Liam Neeson (sp?) or Hugh Jackman for the Master, Chris Penn or Jeremy Ratchford (from TV's Cold Case) as Deadly Ernest, Keanu Reeves as Gilded Lily (seriously!), Audrey Tatou as the Dreamqueen and Peter Cushing (yes, I know Peter Cushing has passed on) or Heath Ledger as Llan the sorceror.

I could see Cillian Murphy as Llan the sorceror.
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0614165/?...Q__;fc=1;ft=20
    also Eric Johnson as Wildchild
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0425053/

I checked out the link for Eric Johnson, he's got the right cheekbones... A little make-up, a hair dye and some fangs and claws, and he's good to go...
    "I can't believe this. I actually have a crush on a hologram! I don't know whether I should talk to a psychologist or an electrician!" Kyle, referring to Shard

Any ideas on who could play Wyre? For some reason I keep thinking of The Rock (From The Scorpion King), but he's not hairy enough...Nice pic of Puck by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor

Alyson Hannigan is too small to play Snowbird (one of the reasons I didn't like Halle Berry's Storm, though I like both Halle Berry and Storm). You need somebody big and commanding; if we can accept a non-Inuit, Jerry Ryan. 7 of 9. Who better?
    I always wondered how Iman would done if she was cast as Storm in the X movies

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by shaman
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor
    Alyson Hannigan is too small to play Snowbird (one of the reasons I didn't like Halle Berry's Storm, though I like both Halle Berry and Storm).
    I always wondered how Iman would done if she was cast as Storm in the X movies
    I've always thought Vanessa Williams. Well, after I got over Tina Turner (I was young and foolish) :P and Grace Jones.

Snowbird was shown in the comics as non-Inuit, but to most of us here, that makes absolutely no sense. We just want to see her true to her origins.

Ooh, I'm voting for Gillian Anderson as Heather, too! I think it was Seng who once did a great photo-manip of that.
    And, I remember the Bob Hoskins as Puck thing. I just chose not to speak of it.

Peter Cushing's dead?! D'oh!

- Le Messor
    "Don’t steal. The government hates competition."

I've said it before but I still think Lauren Holly in glasses would make a great Heather.

Vol. 1, #1 is a story that is perfect to be made into a screenplay. If put in the right hands it could be a summer blockbuster. Think about it. Great character introductions, giant monster threat (think Tundra in CGI, hell yeah!), huge battle, then and ending scene begging for a sequel. Does anyone know Peter Jackson to submit the screenplay to?

syvalois
    Scott Speedman was in Felicity, 24th Day, Underworld and Underworld 2. He’s played a lyrcopath before. Check out his grin, it just reminds me of Bryne’s Walter to a T.

Isla Fisher is the insane sister in Wedding Crashers. She’s quite funny but I get a feeling she could pull off something semi-serious.

Mischa Barton is in the OC. It’s an insipid pick, because I honestly don’t know who’d play a good Aurora. Just who’d look good. Heck, we should get two unknowns for her and JP, folks who are really French Canadian.

Quote Originally Posted by PWalk
    Vol. 1, #1 is a story that is perfect to be made into a screenplay. If put in the right hands it could be a summer blockbuster. Think about it.
    I have been and I have to agree, and, to further illucidate the thought, and given Marvel pictures' trend of making everything a trilogy, you could have the Master storyline in AF 2-4 as the sequels (there was enough info in those three issues that could be compressed into two 2-hour long movies...)
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine