Thread: #118

Default #118

Earlier today I randomly pulled AF #118 out of the CUPBOARD, as you do. It was a good read, but I found the letters page a lot more interesting on this occasion. First up, letter #1 was written by a gent called Jeff Kozzi, secondly their was confirmation in a way that H didn't know about K, so Mac flying over the Weapon X compound in Deadpool/Death 98 is a major continuity glitch. Rob Tokar the editor at the time stated that Wildchild was not Sabretooths son and he also mentioned that a follow up to First Flight (The Blooding) was due for release that summer.

Given how long it takes for a comic to be put together, I would assume that somewhere there exist a script and maybe some actual art for this unpublished special.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Yup. That was me.
    'Twas actually a much longer letter, edited down considerably by Marvel. If I turn up the disk with the original I'll post it here, but I use one of those obsolete digital cameras that records to 3.5" floppy, so there's A LOT of disks around here, and two moves since then (and my "temporary" (3 years) office in the dining doesn't help the coordination much until I get the upstairs done!
    Good eye, Del!
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

Default Re: #118

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs
    secondly their was confirmation in a way that H didn't know about K, so Mac flying over the Weapon X compound in Deadpool/Death 98 is a major continuity glitch.
    Maybe.. just because it was on the grounds didn't mean he knew what was in every single room of the place.
    Weak I know, but all I can think of.

and he also mentioned that a follow up to First Flight (The Blooding) was due for release that summer.

Given how long it takes for a comic to be put together, I would assume that somewhere there exist a script and maybe some actual art for this unpublished special.
    You love your Blooding dontcha Del :P

Default Re: #118

Quote Originally Posted by Phil
    Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs
    secondly their was confirmation in a way that H didn't know about K, so Mac flying over the Weapon X compound in Deadpool/Death 98 is a major continuity glitch.
    Maybe.. just because it was on the grounds didn't mean he knew what was in every single room of the place.
    Weak I know, but all I can think of.

and he also mentioned that a follow up to First Flight (The Blooding) was due for release that summer.

You love your Blooding dontcha Del :P
    I would love it even more if I had a little more info on the thing, everyone seems to have developed amnesia
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!