Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Alpha Flight/Avengers North rumor

Damn, I hate I started this one! Thanks for the defense and everything guys that did, but I'm not "bull****ting", really. I mean, I actually doubt it'll happen this way, but events might go in a similar form. I'm just saying, "what IF it did happen?" geez, I think this is the last post I'm starting...

Quote Originally Posted by langkowski_fan
    Damn, I hate I started this one! Thanks for the defense and everything guys that did, but I'm not "bull****ting", really. I mean, I actually doubt it'll happen this way, but events might go in a similar form. I'm just saying, "what IF it did happen?" geez, I think this is the last post I'm starting...
    No, this post and your other ones are fine it;s just we wanted to see where you got the information from due to it relates to Alpha FLight's future. So everyone wants to know.

Sadly, that's a lie. That's not what you said at all. What you did say was that you heard some very specific rumours on several message boards.

I have no problem with discussing possibilities; I love to do that. But what you were doing was spreading misinformation, and you need look no further than this very message board for people who believed your "rumour" was based in fact.

play nice kids or the threads gettin' locked down

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Defunct
    Sadly, that's a lie. That's not what you said at all. What you did say was that you heard some very specific rumours on several message boards.

I have no problem with discussing possibilities; I love to do that. But what you were doing was spreading misinformation, and you need look no further than this very message board for people who believed your "rumour" was based in fact.
    Look Defunct, how can it be a lie and disinformation. On several boards as I pointed out, the possibility was mentioned. LF just highlighted that and asked for comments on what he had seen. No lies no disinformation, just chit chat on various peoples opinions and speculation. I guess if we look hard enough into any post we could all find somthing to attack.

Langowski Fan, you start as many threads as you want about anything you want. The majority will either decline to comment or have an opinion. It would seem that a minority will ***** up a storm until they see it written in stone.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Northstar become a horseman? Does that mean that Apacolypse is coming back? You'd think they'd keep that secret a little better.

http://hometown.aol.com/PhlpThomas/XMEN182.jpg

Not really a secret seeing as it's been solicited for over 2 months now.

And enough with the infighting people.

Thanks Delbubs. That's exactly what I intended to do with this thread. That's what I meant to say on my last post, but you vocalized it alot better than I did, thanks. I'm honestly trying to find what message boards I saw them on, but I can't remember the keywords I typed in to get them. If you remember any Delbubs, please post the links if you can so everyone can see, you might be more successful than I am. I didn't mean to cause any infighting or anything, just chat about my favorite heroes, so sorry if any trouble was caused because of me, definitely not what I intended when I came onto this board, cause it really is a great board, I'm glad that there is actually one dedicated to Alpha. Anyway, thanks so much.

Get your speculating hats on people, just nicked this from Joe Q's clumn at Newsrama

JQ: It is indeed a new Spidey costume! By the way, Brian Bendis just came by and whispered in my ear, “What can be better than one Avenger’s book?” I just asked him what that meant and he walked away cackling…

And not one mention of Speedball
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Looks like a certain team will have it's HQ back on the "West Coast".

MM

The whole rumor about the ddeath of Alpha started by a solicitation. couldn't the cover of Wolverine #142 have started a similar rumor? (Easiest link is through the Alpha Appearances column that Del so diligently maintains.)
    All the harping on an Avengers North rumor, and the rumor does have some credibility by the solicitation of "Alpha Flight's last battle. Nothing was said that Alpha Flight dies.
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

I guess if you want somthing hard enough, even the most tenuous connection becomes further proof that what your wishing for is going to happen. You can even figure a scenario where the whole thing falls together and somhow works. Years of being an Alpha fan has taught me that

As for the appearences section, that is dilligently maintained by Phil, but thanks for the thought Kozzi.
    Del

We've all heard the rumors, but let's remember the keyword, "rumors". I'll make some predictions after New Avengers #16. Am I excited about a possible new ongoing featuring Alpha characters-you better believe it!

Although I'm not to keen on the Avengers North name change, but if it gets Alpha characters in the spotlight again I say it's good for Alpha fans everywhere!!

Although I'm interested in seeing what part, if any, they will play in Civil War.

Yeah. I don't know about a team called "Avengers North". Heck even plain old "Avengers" doesn't exactly express the most heroic of sentiments, but then I guess it would be a good fit for a hero named "Vindicator". Maybe they can work something named "Feud" and/or "Vendetta" in there to for good measure.

Quote Originally Posted by Powersurge
    Maybe they can work something named "Feud" and/or "Vendetta" in there to for good measure.
    Let's not forget, "revenge" & "grudge" in there too. I saw on Newsarama on Friday that the Marvel Creative Summit was last week. And I think Bendis hinted to another Avengers book that might be planned. He said something to Joe Q like "You know what would be better than ONE Avengers book?" Talk about an open-ended teaser!

This could be a hint to a possible Avengers West Coast revival. So, unfortuneatly, "Avengers North" may not be so far off.

I just hope they keep the name "Alpha Flight" it's one of the most original team names in Comic History. I can't wait for New Avengers #16, I just want to see Alpha Flight in a comic again damn it!