Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Alpha Flight/Avengers North rumor

I call bull**** on this.

If this was posted on "several message boards", he'd be able to come up with a link. I'm betting someone said "I think they'll do an Avengers North", and suddenly random fanboy speculation becomes a "rumour". Bull.

Quote Originally Posted by Defunct
    I call bull**** on this.

If this was posted on "several message boards", he'd be able to come up with a link. I'm betting someone said "I think they'll do an Avengers North", and suddenly random fanboy speculation becomes a "rumour". Bull.
    Yeah I think your right.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Mungi
    I call bull**** on this.

Yeah I think your right.
    Because we are so smart and smug and know every message board on the net. 1 (3rd Message down), 2 (surprised you didn't get this one KM, considering you wrote the second message), 3, (Oh look KM again).

How many constitute several and how hard is it to google as opposed to calling somone a bull****ter. Avengers North as a google search generated over 1,000,000 results. If only .1 of a percent pertains to AF as Avengers North, I would call that more than several. Just an opinion.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

First off I didn't say langkowski_fan was a bull****ter. First off I have heard this rumor myself HERE!, but as I said I still doubt it but I hope it's true as my posts state. Do I have proof that it will happen? no. Hence why I had no proof and say things like "They better not F'N kill them, I just hope it's a name change like Avengers North or something." Good lord I was being optomistic that it might be Sasquatch in the civil poster and I get yelled at in the other thread. This board is nuts.

We asked to see some links, yet we didn't see any. Get off your high-horse

Defunct calls bull**** on this and you say I agree. I guess that's tantamount to calling him a bull****ter yourself. langowski fan said he had seen rumours, you message and the others certainly look like a rumour to me. Check the topic at Bendis's own board, which you mention in one of your messages at Killer Movies. I say rumour, there in black and white. You say bull**** ? I'll get off my high horse when ridiculous posts by people who can't be arsed to check for themselves stop appearing on forums I visit. Till then live with it or stop writing crap.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs
    Quote Originally Posted by King_Mungi
    I call bull**** on this.

Yeah I think your right.
    Because we are so smart and smug and know every message board on the net. 1 (3rd Message down), 2 (surprised you didn't get this one KM, considering you wrote the second message), 3, (Oh look KM again).

How many constitute several and how hard is it to google as opposed to calling somone a bull****ter. Avengers North as a google search generated over 1,000,000 results. If only .1 of a percent pertains to AF as Avengers North, I would call that more than several. Just an opinion.
    And a Google search for "Avengers Mexico" returned 657,000 results. Lets start that rumour too!

The problem with the internet is that you'll have smart people just thinking about possible future story lines for a comic for fun, and then some moron will come along and start dancing around the internet saying "OMG AVENGERS MEXICO STARRING ARANA". There's no source, and even if there was, there would be no source for that source.

Starting a thread about an idea is fine. Starting a thread about a so-called rumour and spouting off bullshiy information about something that doesn't exist is just annoying.

Default Re: Alpha Flight/Avengers North rumor

Quote Originally Posted by langkowski_fan
    Hey. I just heard a rumor on another message board(actually, several message boards) that they may be planning to turn Alpha Flight into Avengers North, with Wolverine as the leader, with a few old Alpha stand-bys including Walt and probably Heather and Mac, and some other members to be determined. Any thoughts on this?
    Thank you firstly Defunct for an intelligent response, but to get to the point in hand. Rumour, several message boards, any thoughts on this? All key statements, no one is forced to read this thread or to comment on it. Not being a statistician I would hazard that a good 80% of comic board chat is based on rumour and speculation. I just got a little ticked that a fairly new member to what is supposed to be a friendly forum is called for doing what the majority of us have done before.
    Del

Defunct calls bull**** on this and you say I agree. I guess that's tantamount to calling him a bull****ter yourself. langowski fan said he had seen rumours, you message and the others certainly look like a rumour to me. Check the topic at Bendis's own board, which you mention in one of your messages at Killer Movies. I say rumour, there in black and white. You say bull**** ? I'll get off my high horse when ridiculous posts by people who can't be arsed to check for themselves stop appearing on forums I visit. Till then live with it or stop writing crap.
    Oh no no no...I meant I agree I doubt Avengers North will happen. Hey I'm the one on the other boards talkingc about it hoping they turn into Avengers North. No your on your high horse since all of it is small rumor with no real substance or fact to it. Do I wish they would turn to Avengers North? yes. Do I see it happening? no. They also stated they would kill all the members of the team except Sasquatch or something to that regard. Anyone can make up anything doesn't make it a valid rumor. I'm on the different boards and no one has any fact to it and most of it is me saying Avengers North. What boards said Wolverine would be the leader? I want to see stuff like that

Thank you firstly Defunct for an intelligent response
    Now your just being a jerk

Well in that case Mungi I apologise wholeheartedly, I wouldn't have commented on Defuncts comments if yours had not seemed to back it up.

As for being a jerk, I guess we all are at some times.
    (Just on my way to the 'Northstar may be the new Death for Apocalypse' thread to call bull**** on that (No basis, just speculation and rumour (northstar, apocalypse, death = 298,000 google items)) Must be true. I would have entered Horseman, but it seems I have that dubious distinction and a bloody high one at that.
    Del

YAY! I didn't start this one!
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

Quote Originally Posted by HappyCanuck
    one slight glitch, Jules: unless things have changed in the last few months (only read the first arc of New Avengers), the Avengers currently have no standings with the UN, unlike before. Steve (Cap) wanted to break away from the political aspects and get back to the roots of the team. Thus, if Avengers North took flight (no pun intended), safe bet they'd be under the same jurisdiction.
    Whoops, thanks for the info, Happy!

Does anybody get the idea that the Canadian government in the Marvel Universe is a lot more militant and darker then in real life.

Granted, I don't know much about the Canadian government; but in the marvel universe they kidnap their citizens at random, experiment on them, create devastating weaponry, exploit their super-heroes to the breaking point, and a bunch of other mean stuff.

It's like in the States in the Marvel Universe, there are a bunch of vigilante outfits that the government just lets go about their buisness; X-Men, Spider-Man, Daredevil, etc., but in Canada, me thinks they wouldn't stand for rogue elements, and send AF to kidnap them and force them to work for the government.

I think this is an unrealistic interpretation, but then again, like I said, I don't know nothing about the Canadian government.

Well in that case Mungi I apologise wholeheartedly, I wouldn't have commented on Defuncts comments if yours had not seemed to back it up.

As for being a jerk, I guess we all are at some times.
    (Just on my way to the 'Northstar may be the new Death for Apocalypse' thread to call bull**** on that (No basis, just speculation and rumour (northstar, apocalypse, death = 298,000 google items)) Must be true. I would have entered Horseman, but it seems I have that dubious distinction and a bloody high one at that.
    I apologize too; I think we all misinterpret each other. I would love it if Alpha Flight didn't die and would be so happy if all this was is just a name change. I would prefer if they kept their name, but if it’s a way to make them more mainstream to the Marvel audience then I’m for it.

That we are, that we are. Hey they have been hyping Northstar up in a few interviews and questions in the back of comics so him becoming a horsemen may be right. I just want them to actually do something with ALpha Flight rather than remain stagnate

I'm with you KM, I want Alpha back as a viable respected team, the core members as an Avengers affiliated team is not my ideal representation, but it's gotta be better than vol 3. Interprretation of comments are dependent on a persons mindset. 'Alpha's Final Battle' can be a name change, the demise of the team, new affiliations etc, etc.
    Del

Well, I just guess that confirmation on anything about Alpha Flight (OK, anything good about Alpha Flight) is going to be hard to come by.

Old Joe Q has said 2-4 times on his Cup of Joe thingie that Northstar news is around the corner. I think this started in December, so is January or February 'just around the corner'? Doesn't seem like a "Frog and Toad All Year" type of statement.

Speculation about New Avengers is one thing, I hope that appearance will tell us something but we'll all try to mind read anyway. And why not?

AF's appearance in NA to me, well, the cutline is just hyperbole. Lots of time those adverts say one thing and the comic another. Wait and see what the heck happens now.

But Northstar being a Horseman, Alpha Flight or Avengers North, Wolverine leading Alpha Flight, it's all just speculation with no hard copy to back it up.

Sure, I want Alpha Flight back. And I speculate with the best of them. But I can't seem to get any true hard copy to back any speculation up and turn it into a worthwhile rumour. Oh darn me!
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

OMG - AVENGERS MEXICO STARRING ARANA!

... sorry, couldn't resist.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the New Avengers storyline, even with the ominous tagline. After two somewhat decent, but failed attempts at reviving a monthly book, I'm hoping that being featured in NA will bring Alpha more into the Marvel Universe proper, instead of the outer edges they've occupied for the last decade. At least a few of them are shown in the Civil War poster, so that's a step in the right direction.

Wolverine as a potential team leader is a concept with much potential, similar to what Byrne had originally planned for Alpha spinning out of the X-Men. Apparently, as the story goes, Claremont veto'd that move.

Regarding Northstar's status, rebirth as a horseman of apocalypse would be an interesting twist, did wonders for Angel in the original X-Factor book. I'm not sure if I would make him Death, though. Angel/Archangel had that cool life/death aspect. Maybe he could be War, since he was pro-life in Alpha #106.

Should be an eventful year.

-Mike