Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Alpha Flight/Avengers North rumor

Okay, stupid theroy to add to the fire of rumor. I'm a usual at scans daily, I'm annoying and brash. And I'm looking through scans and ones with a recent Ultimate Spider Man thingy. So I look and what do I find?

A very obscure Alpha Flight Reference. Okay, so it was mention in Alpha Flight Vol 3., but you know how most writers are with the Alpha folks. They rarely look things up.

Apparently, Spider Man's been a thorn on for the company, Roxxon. I'm not quite sure if Bendis is still on the book, but if the dude waded through Alpha Flight Vol 3. or actually looked up Alpha Flight Vol 1., it left an impact. Maybe. He knows the score and likes Alpha Flight? Uhm... ah... silly theory, but y'know, two weeks and all...

Quote Originally Posted by Weapon Omega
    I just hope they keep the name "Alpha Flight" it's one of the most original team names in Comic History. I can't wait for New Avengers #16, I just want to see Alpha Flight in a comic again damn it!
    Ugh...the cynical part of me just came up with the worst joke ever.

How do you get an Alpha Flight relaunch to its second anniversary?

Put 'Avengers' on the cover.

Suzene (unfunny and should get some sleep)

Either that or make sure Wolverine appears somewhere near the issue...
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Powersurge
    Maybe they can work something named "Feud" and/or "Vendetta" in there to for good measure.
    Let's not forget, "revenge" & "grudge" in there too.
    Hmm... If only there was some way to work in a character named after, maybe, the Greek goddess of Vengeance?

I just hope they keep the name "Alpha Flight" it's one of the most original team names in Comic History. I can't wait for New Avengers #16, I just want to see Alpha Flight in a comic again damn it!
    I couldn't stand another series with a couple of characters from our team, labelled Alpha Flight for no deserved reason, but having no real resemblance to the team or the book which brought me into comic books.

Nah, Marvel would never do that to us, would they?

(Sigh, I wish I could be less cynical).

- Le Messor
    "You mean to say you put your father's skull in a ball for bowling?"
    "No, the guy at the pro shop did it."
    - Mystery Men

Ummm… one of the messages linked (the one from inside pulse) was actually started by me.

No one there has any inside knowledge, it was just guessing at what they could do. Sorry if that lead to any false hope.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Yeah, I didn't get anything but a guess from that. I just took the next logical step.

Of course, Marvel's doing a lot of good things these days. Who knows, they might even now be able to do a good Alpha series? However they do it, post- last mission?

- Le Messor
    "Tom, tonight the stars are out for a special sneak preview of a straight to DVD feature that will soon be in the 3.99 bin at your local car wash!"
    - Family Guy

Langowski-Fan, how tempting is it to come back onto the forum with an "I told you so"
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

I just read New Avengers #16.....that's it? 4 pages of Alpha Flight.

Maybe this is the Alpha Flight from the past that appeared in vol 3?

Have a look in the Alpha News forum Jack, more disscission subjects on this than you can shake a wet monkey at.

Ben

In Alpha Flight vol 3. "days of future past present" Alpha flight in one alternate timeline become Alpha North America.

P.S. I know how to watch topics but where do i go to find the list of watched ones?

Quote Originally Posted by JackFrostUK
    P.S. I know how to watch topics but where do i go to find the list of watched ones?
    I'm workin' on that for you.

[EDIT]

This is now done. see http://forum.alphaflight.net/viewtopic.php?p=16700

Ben