Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Alpha Flight/Avengers North rumor

Default Alpha Flight/Avengers North rumor

Hey. I just heard a rumor on another message board(actually, several message boards) that they may be planning to turn Alpha Flight into Avengers North, with Wolverine as the leader, with a few old Alpha stand-bys including Walt and probably Heather and Mac, and some other members to be determined. Any thoughts on this?

Seems many of the X-Men are spreading out around the world into their own factions, seems possible but I doubt it. Link?

It would be OK, but one wonders how people would respond to LOgan running an Avengers branch and still being in 7 other comics. Oh, wait... :P
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Some of us touched on it briefly in the final battle thread.

What "other members" would be there? I hope it would be the classic team, and not just one or two members of the originals, plus a large cast of unfamiliar new members. You'd think Marvel would learn from the mistakes of the past two Alpha Flight books.

Quote Originally Posted by birdygirl
    What "other members" would be there? I hope it would be the classic team, and not just one or two members of the originals, plus a large cast of unfamiliar new members. You'd think Marvel would learn from the mistakes of the past two Alpha Flight books.
    Hiya Sue, there's a couple of candidates (Not Northstar of course) here.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Joe Q stated that Wolverine will be removed from X-men and Uncanny X-men, (he will still be in Astonishing X-men though) to limited his appearences in the Marvel Universe. Since he has another solo series coming out.

If you want to check it out, go to newsarama.com and check out Joe Fridays instalment.

MM

If Logan does come back then I think AF will definitely get a series. It will also put a member that will bring back the missing members-ie, Northstar seeking out Logan and then Northstar seeking out Aurora.

Wolverine
    Sasquatch
    Puck
    Vindicator
    Guardian
    Shaman

Ill take that team in a heart beat

I don't have any links to it...I'll have to search and see if I can find it again, then I'll post it here when I do. I agree with the roster you mentioned, mos_def...that would be one of the most awesome Alpha teams of all time, and it would definitely sell.

Quote Originally Posted by mos_def
    If Logan does come back then I think AF will definitely get a series. It will also put a member that will bring back the missing members-ie, Northstar seeking out Logan and then Northstar seeking out Aurora.

Wolverine
    Sasquatch
    Puck
    Vindicator
    Guardian
    Shaman

Ill take that team in a heart beat
    Add Northstar, Talisman and Snowbird to that group and it's a winner with me too. I think Wolverine could help the book be a better seller...that and a better premise(and stories) than the horror that was Vol 3.

"Avengers North" could work...but I'd much rather they be called Alpha Flight. There's no reason why Logan can't be a member of the group, regardless of the name.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

If it means another series for AF I am fine with Logan rejoining the squad. But it's not going to happen.

Thanks for the information on which members are most likely to be in it. I agree with cmdrkoenig67 that the line-up needs Northstar, Talisman, and Snowbird to be complete.

Avengers North? That sounds so duuuuumb...

Maybe they could become another Avengers Westcoast, based in Vancouver, that way they could handle both Canadian and American stuff, as well as China and Russia and 'nem.

Maybe this could stem from a split by the old crew from Department H, which causes a trademark infringment dealie over the Alpha Flight name, but are allowed to continue with UN support with extended jurisdiction.

Hmm, maybe it's not such a dumb idea...

With a good writer, it could have a lot of potential. They could have another government run Alpha Flight that serve as non-hostile antagonists. They could have a core split within AF, like the hardcore-canadian, wolverine hater Guardian sticking with the old AF, Shamen and Sas, maybe even Heather. They could deal with Chinese assasins and ex-KGB members and Arctic monsters. They could have an internatal struggle between AF-Alumni and non-Canadian new guys.

This could give Major Mapleleaf the chance to evolve into a Captain America. And AF to get some f*cking respect.

Now it sounds like a great idea!!!!!!!!

Hope the find a good way to resolve the Vol. 3 b*ll****...

one slight glitch, Jules: unless things have changed in the last few months (only read the first arc of New Avengers), the Avengers currently have no standings with the UN, unlike before. Steve (Cap) wanted to break away from the political aspects and get back to the roots of the team. Thus, if Avengers North took flight (no pun intended), safe bet they'd be under the same jurisdiction.
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine