Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 198 FILES SPOILERS!!!

Kinda curious here, has there been an official bucket of BS in a Marvel comic explaining how Purple Man returned. Or was his death conveniently forgotten?
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

According to the New Avengers Most Wanted Files, he apparently has slow-acting regenerative capabilities, allowing him to recover from seemingly fatal injuries.

.......... even AFTER being in the grave for several years??
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

[quote="bigbloo"][quote="King_Mungi"]
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokole
    Hooray for Box!

Talisman (who i have always considered as a mutant who can sense magic, though she has other powers from the circlet of power or whatever thats called)
    Wild Child
    Flashback (if still alive)
    Laura Dean
    Goblyn (now probably a regular girl??? that would be an interesting story)
    Manikin
    Windshear
    Silver/Auric (can you imagine them suddenly turning into regular people out in space?)
    I don't think Talisman is a mutant. She's probably no more a mutant than Buffy Summers. Elizabeth Twoyoungmen is the Talisman, the Promised/Chosen One etc etc. Also, I though Silver and Auric carked it (died) in some Spidey annual years back and that their bodies were amalgamated to form some sentient celestial being that went off to Space World.

Why did they decide on 198 as the number of mutants remaining in post House of M Marvel Universe?

Quote Originally Posted by HappyCanuck
    .......... even AFTER being in the grave for several years??
    VERY slow-acting regeneration, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by sengsterooney
    Why did they decide on 198 as the number of mutants remaining in post House of M Marvel Universe?
    Beats me, but 198 isn't the actual number, it was just an early estimate. There are actually a bit more (between 200 and 300 I'd say).

Quote Originally Posted by MistressMerr
    According to the New Avengers Most Wanted Files, he apparently has slow-acting regenerative capabilities, allowing him to recover from seemingly fatal injuries.
    At least my bucket of BS has some use of the history of the character and his powers rather than the omnipresent "enhanced healing with powers"
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by sengsterooney
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokole
    Silver/Auric (can you imagine them suddenly turning into regular people out in space?)
    Also, I though Silver and Auric carked it (died) in some Spidey annual years back and that their bodies were amalgamated to form some sentient celestial being that went off to Space World.
    I suspect that's what the original meant; but here's a question:
    Did the Scarlet Witch's de-mutanting spell go any further than Earth?

BTW, only one of them carked it, I don't remember which, but they were both shown dead later on.

- Le Messor
    "It's do or die--
    Hey, I've died twice."
    - Buffy

That stupid scarlet cow has left Kyle in a very bad position, without his healing factor, he's a lot more vulnerable, he's tough on his own, but it's always good to have a healing factor to fall back on. I don't understand his losing the powers he gained from Wyre's DNA, wouldn't they be considered artificial? Of course, we don't know what specific powers Wyre gave him.

I'm pretty sure Wyre is a Mutant, but since his hairs are described as inorganic, he could be a Mutate.

I remember reading that the Morlocks Erg and Litterbug are among the 198...Erg is a classic NY Morlock, Litterbug is a new Chicago Morlock. We had quite a debate going at the Appendix on whether the Morlocks mini-series was Earth-616 or an alternate Earth, I guess we know now. I was wrong (I said Alternate), but I don't mind Cockroach Man Lives!

On a related note, I was so mad when they brought Tar Baby and Ape back after 20+ years just to kill them off in one issue in Neverland
    Sadists....
    "I can't believe this. I actually have a crush on a hologram! I don't know whether I should talk to a psychologist or an electrician!" Kyle, referring to Shard

Quote Originally Posted by darc_light
    That stupid scarlet cow has left Kyle in a very bad position, without his healing factor, he's a lot more vulnerable, he's tough on his own, but it's always good to have a healing factor to fall back on.
    I never heard anyone call Joke Quesada a "stupid scarlet cow"...it's a first!

Quote Originally Posted by darc_light
    On a related note, I was so mad when they brought Tar Baby and Ape back after 20+ years just to kill them off in one issue in Neverland
    Sadists....
    I totally agree.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

I'm not sure there is evidence that Wild Child has been depowered, so I wouldn't jump to conclusions. And I'm also pretty sure that Scarlet Witch wasn't exactly thinking too clearly on such things, particularly like "Oh, how will my silly words affect characters like Wild Child..."

Additionally, from what I've read, Wanda's spells are supposed to have affected the whole universe, but are focused primarily on Earth (as in from the point that she is at the effects are stronger and the further away from her you are the less effect she has on you, or something to that degree). The real thing I'm upset to not have seen is more of Dr. Strange right now, and especially his attempt to kind of lock down this magical problem. I've been for this for years, and am currently trying to right an Alpha based fanfic about it, but I think Strange as Sorcerer Supreme needs to start some sort of magical defense line, using guys like Shaman or other magic wielders to help defend against these sorts of attacks.

Furthermore, rumors are that Wanda has made certain other alterations to the universe, as yet unrevealed, and I'm quite curious as to what exactly that means, and if the ripples from that might also affect our Alphans.

Also, just as a note, I agree with the concept of Talisman as chosen one rather than a mutant, although I don't see that question being directly answered by Marvel in any of the comics too soon. And on that note, going back to the question of Wild Child, I wouldn't assume anyone is depowered until we've actually seen them as such in the comics (like Jubilee, Chamber or the Blob), and even THEN, there is still some hope (the corny, corny Iceman revelation).

Sorry, jumping to conclusions.
    Until I read X-factor # 142, I thought Kyle was a Mutate, an artificially mutated human, but the Secret Empire merely altered his pre-existing mutation to grotesque lengths.

If this effects the entire universe, then the Shi'Ar are in trouble! The Imperial Guard is made up of a number of mutants, like Electron, Titan and a few others...This is too perfect, after Cassandra Nova devastated the Shi'Ar fleet and now this, The Brood could conceivably swoop down upon the Aerie itself! That would pay them back for practically wiping out the Kree! And Earth wouldn't stand a chance! THE BROOD COULD CONQUER THE UNIVERSE!!!! \/
    "I can't believe this. I actually have a crush on a hologram! I don't know whether I should talk to a psychologist or an electrician!" Kyle, referring to Shard

I think Namor is a mutant among the Atlanteans, because of those wings on his ankles that allow him to fly. His clone/son/enemy Llyron also has winged ankles.

someone mentioned puck II. Is she a mutant or did she just get some of daddy's power? Like spider girl? And MM doesn't have powers does he? They never actually showed them....

Zuzha Yu is Puck's daughter. She is amazingly acrobatic and can hit with an incredible amount of force. I doubt she's a mutant, likely got her powers because Dad was carrying a demon sorcerer at the time. Lobdell had her say she could speak before she was born. Nothing beyond that.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Yeh i knew who she was... But I hold the same theorey as you as to her power source. I think daddy's demon probably caused her power.