Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 198 FILES SPOILERS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by King_Mungi
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokole
    Hooray for Box!

Maybe he can be in Alpha Flight again!
    It's possible that's if Alpha Flight is still around after Bendis, oh and here is their threat levels

Madison Jeffries- High
    Aurora- Significant
    Northstar- Significant
    Persuasion- Significant
    Diamond Lil- General

Goes from: Severe, High, Significant, General, and Low

So the list of Alpha Flight mutants that are presumably depowered are:

Talisman (who i have always considered as a mutant who can sense magic, though she has other powers from the circlet of power or whatever thats called)
    Wild Child
    Flashback (if still alive)
    Laura Dean
    Goblyn (now probably a regular girl??? that would be an interesting story)
    Manikin
    Windshear
    Silver/Auric (can you imagine them suddenly turning into regular people out in space?)

Are the Hull House legacies considered mutants?
    Radius
    Flex
    Ghost Girl
    Flinch
    Ouija

Who else am i missing???

They never really did explain Flinch and Ouija's powers in vol.2. what were they?

They never really did explain Flinch and Ouija's powers in vol.2. what were they?
    Flinch was seen with a red field around him and he was sniffing, so I assume he has some nose power(the field might have been put on him by Dept. H). As for Ouija, I don't remember anything about him.

Zeke

Quote Originally Posted by zekethegreat
    Flinch was seen with a red field around him and he was sniffing, so I assume he has some nose power(the field might have been put on him by Dept. H). As for Ouija, I don't remember anything about him.

Zeke
    Other than his stench, I don't remember Flinch being assigned an ability (tho I may be wrong), and we can presume, based off his/her name that Ouiji's a precog.... well, was, since s/he's dead...
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

Quote Originally Posted by Verletzt
    Hi everyone,

Sorry just to jump right in on a conversation. I have been reading this site recently since so many things related to Alpha Flight have been happening. (The mutant depowering and Bendis' Last Battle) I knew this site would have the best info and news for anything Alpha Flight related. I have been a HUGE Alpha Flight fan for a long time.

I picked up the 198 files today. Although I was excited to see several Alphans listed, why did they list Persuasion? I was hoping since the coloring issue gave her a Neverland reprieve, that she would not have been listed as incarcerated. In fact, why list any of the Neverland mutants if they won't tell us what really happened to them? I know Marvel has always had a problem with continuity, but they have really gotten bad lately. My favorite character is Goblyn (imagine that, lol).

I would have hoped we would have gotten an update on what happened to her and Laura. Marvel should do a text listing of depowered mutants. (Besides the erroneous Wizard one)
    The inclusion of the Neverland mutants like the Alphas and Random has me thinking/hoping that Neverland will be dealt with in the 198 series.
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

Flinch was supposed to be able to hide just outside of sight, causing people to 'flinch', while Ouija was a precog of sorts.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

So the list of Alpha Flight mutants that are presumably depowered are:

Talisman (who i have always considered as a mutant who can sense magic, though she has other powers from the circlet of power or whatever thats called)
    Wild Child
    Flashback (if still alive)
    Laura Dean
    Goblyn (now probably a regular girl??? that would be an interesting story)
    Manikin
    Windshear
    Silver/Auric (can you imagine them suddenly turning into regular people out in space?)

Are the Hull House legacies considered mutants?
    Radius
    Flex
    Ghost Girl
    Flinch
    Ouija

Who else am i missing???
    I don't remember maybe Wyre (he is a mutant right?)
    Puck II
    Centenal
    MMF sirup or the horse

And on the depowered list only Talisman and Wildchild were big names or enough history. The rest even if I liked them, are mostly not seen as big guns in th eMarvel Mythos.[/quote]
    Quand l'appétit va, tout va!
    -Obélix

Talisman isn't a mutant, for all we know she could still be powered.

Quote Originally Posted by kozzi24
    I personally was wondering about Purple Man.
    If they did depower Purple Man it would be a major continuity glitch. If memory serves his powers were from a chemical accident, not a genetic mutation.

Checked to make sure : http://www.marveldirectory.com/indiv.../purpleman.htm

And welcome Verletzt, glad to have you aboard.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

I just noticed that the 198 Files list is incomplete. So Windshear and Feedback et al could still 'make the cut'. Whatever that really means is hard to say, since HoM may be retconned this year even, one never knows.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs
    I personally was wondering about Purple Man.
    If they did depower Purple Man it would be a major continuity glitch. If memory serves his powers were from a chemical accident, not a genetic mutation.

Checked to make sure : http://www.marveldirectory.com/indiv.../purpleman.htm

And welcome Verletzt, glad to have you aboard.
    That would be a good reason why he would be powered but not listed!

He's a major continuity glitch anyway. He very clearly died in the Emperor Doom Graphic novel, with his body present, and his body itself was a prop in the latter part of Mark Gruenwald's Captain America run.
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

That would be a good reason why he would be powered but not listed!

He's a major continuity glitch anyway. He very clearly died in the Emperor Doom Graphic novel, with his body present, and his body itself was a prop in the latter part of Mark Gruenwald's Captain America run.
    He was brought back to life in the pages of AF, but that ended up being a dream. But I think that a writer of X-man didn't bother to notice that it was a dream and brought in the pages X-man (though that was revealed as a illusion by Mysterio).
    So in short...I don't have a clue when he was officially brought back from the dead(or unofficially).

Zeke

I hope we learn that many of the Neverland mutants were freed or escaped. I want Persuasion and Diamond Lil to be ok.

Marvel is notorious for screwing up continuity. Dead people show up all the time without explanation. Makes me wonder if the writers actually read comics. Lol. Then they are forced to add things like "seemingly died" or "somehow returned to life".

When I saw Mandril in Avengers, I was like, "uh, he's dead". LOL! I like Mandril thoguh, so it is ok with me.

There was no Namor mentioned in the book, I wonder what is going to happen to him or they just forgot he is a mutant.

For Namor, who probably will remain untouched, the simplest explanation is that Wanda's spell effected only human mutants and that his actual mutation is either a natural occurance of the offspring of human and Atlantean, or is a mutation of just the Atlantean genes.

The best solution I ever thought of for Purple Man is:
    Dead Ringer had a few trophies of dead people because he needed to touch the body to gain the powers. By the nature of Purple Man's powers, Dead Ringer's constant proximity to the finger he carried around with him allowed Zebediah's soul and corperal appearance to over-write Dead Ringer's body. Over time, Dead Ringer became Killgrave. After all, if the Killgrave that has been seen regularly in Thunderbolts is the original in body and soul, he should be missing a finger.
    www.kozzi.us