Thread: Wild Child's Powers

Default Wildchild's vocal chords

The OHOTMU Master edition for Wildheart lists him as "Superhuman Regenerative" Defined as: "Able to regenerate injured tissue and brain cells to an extraordinary degree; but not able to regenerate missing limbs or organs..." I have no specific info on his current regenerative abilities, they may have since increased.

Sabertooth told the Weapon X doctors to "leave out his chatterbox", I'm assuming telling them not to try to repair it, and, with Sabertooth long gone from Weapon X and Kyle still mute, I'd assume his healing factor hasn't been able to replace his missing vocal cords.
    It remains to be seen if any of the writers at Marvel have the heart to give him his voice back...I doubt it... [-o<
    And taking away his voice ruined one of his main charcter traits, his sense of humor, the constant joking, witty observations...
    "I can't believe this. I actually have a crush on a hologram! I don't know whether I should talk to a psychologist or an electrician!" Kyle, referring to Shard

He did speak a small amount in the recent Weapon X Days Of Future now mini. Since this takes place in the future, who knows how he regained his speach, but it might have been regenerated.

Ben

And now Wild Child is supposed to have lost his powers after HoM, so maybe his voice is gone for 'good'... until his next appearance, I mean.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Default He spoke?

Thank you for telling me, but I'm disapointed that he's still going to be with Weapon-X, of course all of these "futures" could be consided "alternate", but still..
    "I can't believe this. I actually have a crush on a hologram! I don't know whether I should talk to a psychologist or an electrician!" Kyle, referring to Shard

Oh, yah, that's totally "alternate" there is no way that Marvel can plan that far aheand what is gonna happen to characters, some of it takes place 30 years down the road. Besides half of Alpha Dies in there. Was just trying to say that the potential to have his voice box regenerated is there.

Ben

Default wildchild's voice

I think that if he could heal his voice, he would have already.
    I got the impression (from the Wild Child one-shot)that they did something to him to permanently take away his voice.

Zeke-in-a-box

It's also quite possible that his voice box was phisically healed long ago, and it was mental issues blocking him from speaking.

Ben

Default Wildchild's voice

It's possible it's psychological, he's been through hell more times than Mephisto himself and has serious issues, especially with regard to Sabertooth. Perhaps he's afraid to speak, for fear Creed will come back and hurt him, or worse (To him at least), do something to Aurora, again...I know she left a while back, but Creed could easily track her down if he wanted...

"'Tis better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt."

--Abe Lincoln

Love,
    rplass
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com