Thread: "Tis The Season To Be Jolly..." WHATEVER!!

Default "Tis The Season To Be Jolly..." WHATEVER!!

Share my season of goodwill.
    December 16th - Grand Daughter born, Hurrah
    December 26th - House broken into, three mobile phones, my brand new MP3 player and Bubs's purse stolen, Boo!
    Today, phone call from my youngest daughter "Hi dad, I'm in a lot of pain, just waiting for the ambulance, fallen of Jay's (my son, Jonathon) skateboard." Result being, she dislocated ankle, put it back herself, but also has a couple of fractures, which from a look at the X-Rays, suggest a need for them to be pinned.

Happy New Year one and all. I just gotta do the lottery this weekend, my luck has gotta change at some point
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

ohhhh crap! sorry to hear about those last two items Del! Hope yer daughter is ok, and they get the bugger who stole yer stuff! What kinda ass would rob folks on boxing day!?

Likelihood of catching the twat who paid an impromptu visit are slim, too many visitors to get a good finger print, but I have a new found philosophy. The phones are blocked and I already have a new chip. Will have a new work phone by the end of the week and a new phone for my new chip at the end of the month. The money was the biggest blow, but I have good friends and family so I can get over that. So I can dismiss their interfering in my life as an aberration that is finished with and I'll get on with whatever I am doing.

As for my daughter, she enjoys the notoriety I think, a couple of good strong painkillers down her neck will see her through the evening, but tomorrow will piss her off, as the fractures look in dire need of operations to reset and pin and plate (maybe, definately pin). Being the kinda person she is, being laid up will piss her off royally. Still, if she wants to play Tony Hawkes without to much expertise, then youse gotta pay the price. I think the knowledge that when her older sister was hit by a car and just had a simple single fractured ankle, she was laid up for 13 weeks. 13 weeks of Bod *****ing and moaning does not appeal
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Ooof, bad timing, but oh well.

My father in law passed away August 4, my own father passed away September 10, we hit a deer July 2, we put 10,000 km on our bodies in 6 weeks, my wife put another 3,000 on in May, add in September and my wife had 22,000 km on the road from May 24 to September 16. Plus we started a major fight with Customs and Revenue. If I could kill 2005 I would, it had very little to celebrate. And I had to teach the student from h-e-double hockey sticks and her doofus friend (how doofus? at grad the parent giving the toasts to the students said put-downs about her because "this week, she broke the camel's back" and that parent wasn't even her teacher or mom). =D>

2006 will hopefully not kill any more dear relatives, not bring me any more killer money headaches, not give me any major disasters.

Maybe a lottery win (but I don't buy tickets... )
    Maybe a new son/daughter
    Hopefully ALPHA FLIGHT
    Maybe even a character I really, really in that ALPHA FLIGHT in 2006 (Box, Feedback, Nemesis... )
    Maybe the Leafs win the Stanley Cup
    Maybe the Stampeders the Grey Cup
    Maybe my wife or sons get/do something we'll all cherish forever
    Maybe a miracle I can't describe

Good luck to you Del, Bubs, Ben, ladymako71, Dark Snowbird, Barnacle13. Powersurge, cmdrkoenig, Legerd, and everyone else I can misspell but don't want to misspell!!!
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

I'm with you Mokole, if I throw in the theft of my previous work phone, the encounter with the psychiatric patient on the lamm who took my bike and my wife getting steamed for her purse in October, then 2005 can be killed outright.

I'm sorry to hear of your losses, maybe 2006 will presnt both of us with better things Good luck to you sir.
    Del