Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vol.3 question

Default Vol.3 question

When Alpha Flight fought the Plodex Alpha Flight they say "even though we don't have the "powers" of our host bodies we are notoruisly diffucult to kill". Yet when they fought they were using their powers such as Guardian sending out a electromagnetic blast, Snowbird turning into a owl [small one, so that's an error], Shaman sending out a cold wind, etc.. So what does that mean? they had their memories and seemed to be their powers, but were they just weaker.

If Major Mapleleaf doesn't actually have super strength, how could he take a hit from Plodex Vindicator like it was nothing and then quickly take her down?

The Plodex said that EVEN if they didn't have their hosts powers they would be hard to kill.(but they do have the powers and are therefore harder to kill)
    It is revealed that Major Mapleleaf can't fly or shoot blasts, but it's possible he may have limited invulnerability.

Zeke

was he anywhere near his horse during the time?

Quote Originally Posted by zekethegreat
    The Plodex said that EVEN if they didn't have their hosts powers they would be hard to kill.(but they do have the powers and are therefore harder to kill)
    It is revealed that Major Mapleleaf can't fly or shoot blasts, but it's possible he may have limited invulnerability.

Zeke
    Your right I misquoted, I was going by memory [my mistake] so that means New Alpha Flight made the classic Alpha Flight look like chumps. Since they had their memories and powers...gah!

I know, Thunder is the one with the powers that's why I was suprized like he took Heather's shot like it was nothing. He may be like his father with the durability and strength [Major MapleleaF I]

Quote Originally Posted by shaman
    was he anywhere near his horse during the time?
    Nope.

Zeke[/quote]

I know, Thunder is the one with the powers that's why I was suprized like he took Heather's shot like it was nothing. He may be like his father with the durability and strength [Major MapleleaF I]

Nah, he probably thickened his skin while taking a beating from his abusive father!

that or if Sr was given some sort of Super Soldier serum like Steve Rogers (I know they never really said anything about it...to my knowlegde. which is low on MML) maybe he could have passed some of it down genetically. and he has had some sort of powers his whole life and just doesn't know it.

Or maybe - and naturally, I'm just blowing smoke on this one - the power really IS Lou Jr's, but his power is to transfer powers into other people/creatures. Ie: he can't access the powers himself, but he can infuse them into other creatures (like Thunder), who can then utilise the powers...

Y'know, that's JUST convoluted enough that it'd work for Lobdell...
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

Quote Originally Posted by Phil
    Twas Thunder that had the powers.
    So it's been assumed by Walt, yes, but have we actually seen PROOF that the horse's powers are HIS?

Quote Originally Posted by HappyCanuck
    So it's been assumed by Walt, yes, but have we actually seen PROOF that the horse's powers are HIS?
    Assumed by Puck II, Walter thought it was his powers he saw on tv and read about.

Same effect. I just forgot that it was Zuzha who made the realisation.

Quote Originally Posted by HappyCanuck
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil
    Twas Thunder that had the powers.
    From the horses mouth itself, twas meant as Thunder having the powers.

I didnt see Thunder on the HoM casuality list. Maybe one day he can come across the skrulls that were turned into cows way way way back in the early Fantastic Four issues.

Thunder did make a League of Super Pets.

Anyways back on topic, why did Plodex Alpha Flight get owned so bad when they had their powers and memories of the classic Alpha Flight? Like good lord it wasn't even a fight

Quote Originally Posted by King_Mungi
    Thunder did make a League of Super Pets.

Anyways back on topic, why did Plodex Alpha Flight get owned so bad when they had their powers and memories of the classic Alpha Flight? Like good lord it wasn't even a fight
    I COULD say 'look at who wrote the story for your answer', but I think that would be in bad taste...