Thread: To ALL- the making of a great new Alpha Flight series

Default To ALL- the making of a great new Alpha Flight series

I dont think Im going out of my way by saying everyone here has a distinct fondness to the Flight.

Now if Marvel were to come to Ben and state- "We at Marvel recognize that the true writers of AF should be with a person that has an emotion toward them but it seems there are many such members in your group..yada yada..you are the greatest Ben...yada yada yada... we made a mistake of ever canceling Alpha vol 1 and 2 though you have to admit canceling vol3 was a good idea."

Each member of this site come up with an idea of a villain to fight (ie, Galactus comes back for revenge on Mac) or an arc within Alpha Flight (ie, Aurora gets pregnant) and they would use it- what would your idea be.

I thought this would prove to a game to make our Alphan minds go to work and show how we each view how Alpha should be for fun or seriously. Usually both make a great comic. Also good understanding of conituity helps a book out as well-(in which I believe we have a better understanding then some writers) I guess the roster should be first to decide on this one. Seven roster spots-start filling them. First seven mentioned make the squad of Alpha (we can fill in Beta and Gamma later)

Ill make a real easy choice and go with Gentry still as liason

Definitely gotta put in Sasquatch!! Yay, looks like he's first to be on the squad. As for a villain, I suggest Loki...maybe he survived what happened in Asgard and is supremely pissed...and Alpha's the first ones to stand against him. And maybe he's got Ulik and some other evil refugee Asgardian villains on his side, like maybe Executioner or the Destroyer... plus, he wants revenge on Alpha anyway for them helping to defeat him in X-Men and Alpha Flight.

1. Mac as Guardian
    2. Sasquatch
    3. Shaman
    4. Puck
    5. Talisman
    6. Snowbird
    7. Marrina (I would write a story to finally wrap up that loose end and bring her back where she belongs)

Hmmm

1) Guardian (Mac)
    2) Sasq.
    3) Northstar
    4) Aurora
    5) Shaman
    6) Snowbird
    7) as periodic supporting cast -- Major Mapleleaf Jr. in his pops Mountie costume and working with the RCMP (duh).

As for a story ... I'd like to do something with some rogue Epsilons. Maybe Alpha Flight has once again got the boot, and for sometime the government has concentrated on developing the Epsilon program ... elite human soldiers in hi-tech battle armour similar to SHIELD's Mandroids.

However, reminscient of certain events in Canada's not too distant military past, various non-military people got wind of some of the training/hazing techiniques that went into training would-be Epsilons, and so, while the program wasn't scrapped, its personel was given a complete overhaul ... replacing the "bloodthirsty" killers with armed social workers.

Unfortunately, for the people of the world, those "blood thirsty killers" weren't inclined to graciously bend over and take the shaft, so about a dozen of them, having caught wind of this overhaul, went rogue ... stealing their battle armour, weaponary, and also an experimental teleportation launch-pod (think "the Fly", but more advanced and bigger) ... that sends certain predetermined weights and/or genetic signatures to virtually any location on the Earth, with port-parameters and return functions available via remote controls.

So, with these guys, dubbed the Renegades, on the loose, perhaps prepping for a little payback, or some (more) thievery before launchhing careers as hi-tech, international mercs for hire, Alpha Flight is called in on contract to apprehend them, or at least push them out of Canada.

We could also brining in another batch of rogue Epsilons I made up called the Powermongers. This was a trio of green recruits who had just made it through the hazing and received their first orders -- to guard an experimental battle-vest, when the "Renegades" went rogue. They took a cue a attmepted to make off wit hthe battle-vest. On their way out, one fo them used the battle-vest and eneded up puncturing a gas canister that poured its contents over his two buddies ... and gave them superpowers. It may also have made the lot of them slightly unbalanced and given to anger, rages and uncontrollable violent outbursts.

Here's a pic of the Renegade Battle Armour

Quote Originally Posted by Powersurge
    Hmmm

1) Guardian (Mac)
    2) Sasq.
    3) Northstar
    4) Aurora
    5) Shaman
    6) Snowbird
    7) as periodic supporting cast -- Major Mapleleaf Jr. in his pops Mountie costume and working with the RCMP (duh).

As for a story ... I'd like to do something with some rogue Epsilons. Maybe Alpha Flight has once again got the boot, and for sometime the government has concentrated on developing the Epsilon program ... elite human soldiers in hi-tech battle armour similar to SHIELD's Mandroids.

However, reminscient of certain events in Canada's not too distant military past, various non-military people got wind of some of the training/hazing techiniques that went into training would-be Epsilons, and so, while the program wasn't scrapped, its personel was given a complete overhaul ... replacing the "bloodthirsty" killers with armed social workers.

Unfortunately, for the people of the world, those "blood thirsty killers" weren't inclined to graciously bend over and take the shaft, so about a dozen of them, having caught wind of this overhaul, went rogue ... stealing their battle armour, weaponary, and also an experimental teleportation launch-pod (think "the Fly", but more advanced and bigger) ... that sends certain predetermined weights and/or genetic signatures to virtually any location on the Earth, with port-parameters and return functions available via remote controls.

So, with these guys, dubbed the Renegades, on the loose, perhaps prepping for a little payback, or some (more) thievery before launchhing careers as hi-tech, international mercs for hire, Alpha Flight is called in on contract to apprehend them, or at least push them out of Canada.

We could also brining in another batch of rogue Epsilons I made up called the Powermongers. This was a trio of green recruits who had just made it through the hazing and received their first orders -- to guard an experimental battle-vest, when the "Renegades" went rogue. They took a cue a attmepted to make off wit hthe battle-vest. On their way out, one fo them used the battle-vest and eneded up puncturing a gas canister that poured its contents over his two buddies ... and gave them superpowers. It may also have made the lot of them slightly unbalanced and given to anger, rages and uncontrollable violent outbursts.
    Good premise, only thing I'd change is make the rouge epsilons a less than covert (i.e. making it look like Canada is calling the shots, leaving a Canadian calling card, etc.). This would give the government a damn good reason to bring back Alpha flight. You could highlight Puck's spy and covert ops training. I wouldn't make this last for more than a few issues, or you tread dangerously on Vol. 2 ground that already crumbled and fell. Still this is a very good idea for a story arc.

One arc:
    roster: Heather, Sasquatch, Puck, Shaman, Snowbird, Aurora and Mac, begrudingly.
    Allied with Namor, versus Attuma and/or Atlantis and the Master as the Marrina question is finally resolved and she is restored as Namor's wife.
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

Puck
    Sasquatch
    Nemesis (used to be Witchfire)
    Snowbird
    TruNorth (Inuit but not totally new...)
    Aurora and Northstar

Arc: Alpha Flight works for Department H, off the books; they deal with Omega Flight first off, a pre-emptive strike before SHIELD can get involved.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Witchfire as Nemesis would be pretty cool. I also wouldn't mind seeing someone new wearing the Box armour.