Thread: Depowered? Maybe...Response to House of M poll

Default Depowered? Maybe...Response to House of M poll

I would like to see Wild Child de-powered ONLY if it would make him some semblance of the character he was late in Alpha and through X-Factor, a three-dimensional, fleshed-out person with his own mind and that sharp whit of his...not a one-dimensional villain or brain-washed Nosferatu...
    As to who I'd most like to permanantly lose their powers...Sabertooth, definately Sabertooth...but that's not gonna happen.

Hmmmm....

A depowered Wild Child versus a fully-powered Sabretooth...

Me gusta mucho.
    "You cannot win, mailman Mike. If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine."

Well, Sabretooth is still powered, and barring another crazy "Hey, lets get rid of mutant powers" plotline will be staying that way for some time. I'm betting we'll see him again sometime soon given his position of the highest possible level threat in the 198 files. Wild Child... I'd say likely out of the mix for some time... actually, aside from the most major of depowered characters, say Magneto and/or Quicksilver and/or Wanda, I'm not really sure that we'll ever hear from any of the depowered again. Maybe Mirage because there seemed to be a subtle hidden agenda there, but I think Gen M was pretty much intended to say goodbye to all depowereds once and for all. (Aw... pobre Jubilee...)
    The ability to defy death can be achieved...
    It is a state acquired through compassion not greed...

I really couldn't get into Jubilee. She just seemed like a knock-off of Dazzler (I was young, didn't know much about her) but younger to appeal to a new audience. I think it would be funny to see the creative team thinking over her look. I know, I know, big hoop ear rings, kids love those, right? and how about dishwashing gloves. Sorry, I couldn't help myself, I could have gone further but sure you can see what I was trying to say.
    Rockin' Roll Martian!!!

Ah, Jubilation was all right in Generation X

But still-

They took away Blob's powers? Thats just sad.
    "You cannot win, mailman Mike. If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine."

Feh....Blob will be back as will most of the others. As I've said before...This is as permanent as Joke Quesada's "Dead means dead" policy(and how long did that last?).

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Feh....Blob will be back as will most of the others.
    Well, I'm not so sure about the blob... I mean, sure, he has been around for a long while and everybody knows him pretty much... but the only purpose in repowering an individual would be pretty much the same as resurrecting them... a new author wants to do something with that 'long lost' character... as was the case with Colossus... but really, I mean, what writer is really sitting out there going "Blast! I really wish I could write a Blob story with him as a central integral part of the plot! I shall make it my goal to bring the Blob back into the spotlight!" I mean... really... and Jubes... is someone really going to make the case that having the sparklers back will really be a good profitable decision? I mean, I know she has a fan somewhere out there... but... *shrugs*

Edit: WOW! Totally got this and another thread mixed up. Imagine the look on my face when I realized that one... good thing my mistake occurred so late at night!
    The ability to defy death can be achieved...
    It is a state acquired through compassion not greed...

I'm a bit confused here.! Nothing new, eh? I didn't read all the Decimation or House of M or whatever the storyline is, but Wanda altered reality to remove mutant powers from the world is what I understand the jist to be. Correct that if I'm wrong. My thought would be that she'd depower the mutants, like Sabertooth, who have already proven themselves to be a danger to society before she'd snuff someone's powers who has done heroic things. Makes no sense except for the fact that she's a crazed loon!

Marvel Universe Explanations

Avengers Disassembled - Wikipedia
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avengers_Disassembled

House of M - Wikipedia
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_of_M

Decimation - Wikipedia
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decimation_%28comics%29

Cheers

QM
    "Life is not about having the right answers. Life is about having the right questions" - QM