Thread: Alpha original reboots (from vol 3 question)

Default Alpha original reboots (from vol 3 question)

if AF last fight is going to be in NA, do you think they are just going to kill the reboots we got from vol 3 or do you think that the Avengers writer will just ignore that horrible last issue?

Since Heather shows up in uniform there, and the time displaced Hether has never been in battle, I'm guessing the whole thing is gonna be ignored. The last couple pages with Centennial and Nemesis dead, MML and Zuzha having a kid, and Snowbird and Yukon Jack gettin' hitched were all IMO things that could happen in the future so will also be ignored.

Ben

man, I really hoped the reboots would have been there in NA since if they died we still had a chance of getting our real ones back from the wide world of X

Well if it is the Alpha Flight rebooted, where is Northstar, Aurora and Snowbird? they were all sent from the past to the future.

maybe they died by the new villain in NA in "our final battle", Truthfully I dont see how the current Avengers team will bring down this guy if he might wipe out our team presented. Come on, realistically if you are battling a world beater villain who would you rather have on your team Spiderman, Luke Cage and Spiderwoman or Shaman, Sasquatch and Vindicator. Unless Sentry is going to play a big role I think Puck has Cap insticts and MMac is comparable to Stark, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by mos_def
    maybe they died by the new villain in NA in "our final battle", Truthfully I dont see how the current Avengers team will bring down this guy if he might wipe out our team presented. Come on, realistically if you are battling a world beater villain who would you rather have on your team Spiderman, Luke Cage and Spiderwoman or Shaman, Sasquatch and Vindicator. Unless Sentry is going to play a big role I think Puck has Cap insticts and MMac is comparable to Stark, IMO.
    Well with the splash preview page I think that's when we first see Alpha Flight appear and then they run into the Collective. So they should still be there.

By all accounts, Puck is stronger than Captain America. He's just peak human, well Puck is superhuman.

exactly my point Mungi. ALpha gets no respect with the power they weild. Mos Def once got into it with Tierri on how much more powerful AF was over WX and he didnt want to hear it. I said, how can WX take down and find the ZOdiac in 5 panels when it took us issues in ALpha

Quote Originally Posted by mos_def
    exactly my point Mungi. ALpha gets no respect with the power they weild. Mos Def once got into it with Tierri on how much more powerful AF was over WX and he didnt want to hear it. I said, how can WX take down and find the ZOdiac in 5 panels when it took us issues in ALpha
    Here next time someone doubts Alpha Flight's power send them here

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/s...0&pagenumber=1

I agree! It's about time it was shown that Alpha has alot of power on their side. Puck is definitely stronger than Cap, in my opinion, his strength is very close to Spider-Man's. I actually think Puck can take Cap, or Spider-Man, any day of the week. And Sas, as we all know, is strong enough to go toe-to-toe with powerhouses like the Hulk, Thing, and Hercules. Shaman's mystical abilities are very formidable, and put him right up in the Dr. Strange/master of the mystic arts category, not much can stand up to that. Snowbird's a shapeshifting demigoddess, and both Mac and Heather have alot of power in their respective suits, and Northstar and Aurora are pretty formidable together. If Alpha ever faced off with the Avengers, I know they would give 'em one heck of a fight...with their power, they can take on all types of major world-beater villains, just as well as the Avengers can...and I hope that Bendis shows that when the Flight faces the Collective, whatever it is.

Quote Originally Posted by langkowski_fan
    I agree! It's about time it was shown that Alpha has alot of power on their side. Puck is definitely stronger than Cap, in my opinion, his strength is very close to Spider-Man's. I actually think Puck can take Cap, or Spider-Man, any day of the week. If Alpha ever faced off with the Avengers, I know they would give 'em one heck of a fight...with their power, they can take on all types of major world-beater villains, just as well as the Avengers can...and I hope that Bendis shows that when the Flight faces the Collective, whatever it is.
    He is close to Spider-Man's strength:
    http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c1...n-01-PuckB.jpg
    http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c1...pider-ManB.jpg

What the stats mean:
    http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c1...-1_cover_b.jpg

Hell here is Northstar going orbital velocity [Mach 18.7-Mach 23.3] traveling 2.5km/sec, that’s orbital velocity
    http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d1...fare_28_03.jpg

speed=distance/time
    speed=4500km/30min
    speed=150 km/min

If Alpha FLight fought new Avengers they would kill them. That's if they didn't job

I agree with Langkowshi fan's statement about hopeing that there upcoming appearance shows there strength but like vol 3 it's not up to the artist. Steve McNiven can't decide the outcome, It's up to WRITER BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS. I hope that doesn't make me sound too synical

EDIT: Sorry, you did say Bendis. My mind replaced it with McNiven, I don't know why

Quote Originally Posted by King_Mungi
    By all accounts, Puck is stronger than Captain America. He's just peak human, well Puck is superhuman.
    Hehehe. We've argued "Cap's Strength" too absolute death over on the Classic Marvel RPG forum.

But really, at the most conservative Captain America is said to be able to military press, ie. lift to shoulders and then *press* overhead, 800 lbs.

Now, the biggest official military lift records stand around 400 lbs, with unofficial lifts ranging up to 600 lbs. And the men who make these lifts are generally 265 lbs or more ... with Cap sitting at a relatively puny 245 lbs.

So, in strength alone he exceeds all documented human potential.

But its not just strength alone. Cap is the human paragon, not only of strength, but also stamina and agility. Marathon runners and world class gymnasts do not come in denominations above 150 lbs!!! And I can't think oif even one consumate athlete, ie. a decathelete, who chimes in at over 200 lbs. 170 to 190 seems ot be the ideal weight for all-around athletics.

So, once Cap's ability are reckoned within the proper context, he can hardly be consdiered even "peak" human. His physical accomplishments, taken as a whole, which meet or exceed the best human in all categories and all weight classes, clearly place him in the superhuman category.

As for whether that makes him stronger than Puck, I don't know. I presume the short, hairy Canucklehead with a cryptic past and mucho fighting skill got considerably stronger since the early issues of vol.1?

Quote Originally Posted by Powersurge
    As for whether that makes him stronger than Puck, I don't know. I presume the short, hairy Canucklehead with a cryptic past and mucho fighting skill got considerably stronger since the early issues of vol.1?
    After the Master's experiments on him, he could press 2 tons+

Quote Originally Posted by Powersurge
    I presume the short, hairy Canucklehead with a cryptic past....
    Hey now, just because I experimented in College...