Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What are Walt's chances of survivial?

Default What are Walt's chances of survivial?

Hey, I'm new to the group, but a longtime Alpha fan, since 1990...a pretty good sum of my 22 years. Alpha has always been my favorite group of heroes, and, as you can tell, Sasquatch is my favorite member, and, honestly, one of my all-time favorite Marvel super-heroes. I guess because I've always had a fascination with bigfoot/sasquatch, and also because he's so intelligent and funny, and, like me, interested in science. To me, (besides Heather and James of course) Walt is part of the heart and soul of Alpha. I even liked the new series, because Walt got a chance to lead, and prove himself as the only Alpha mainstay, and got to showcase his humor, but old Alpha is defintely better. But, I'm really disturbed by Alpha's "final battle" in New Avengers. I hate the thought of any of the Alphans that I grew up with dying, but I'd hate it most of all if Walt was killed. I just think this whole thing is nonsense. I want Alpha to be brought back, and I hope, even with Bendis' track record, that it doesn't wind up being a massacre. In Walt's case, though, I hope Bendis remembers that he's one of the strongest heroes in the Marvel universe. He's one of Marvel's powerhouses, though he doesn't get the respect he deserves. He's punched out the Thing, and has even gone toe-to-toe with the Hulk, and was chosen by the Champion in that Marvel Two-In-One Annual among the most powerful heroes on Earth. He ain't goin' down easy, let me tell ya! I also love Puck, and I hope that nothing happens to him, James, or Heather. And I especially hope that Marvel doesn't destroy one of my all-time favorite characters, because they'll be alienating a longtime Marvel fan here. I just wanted to ask you guys, do you think they'll actually kill Walt? And what are his chances for survival? I think that even if they do something to some of the other membeers of Alpha in order to change the team and make them into an "Avengers North" or something, they should leave Walt, as a representative of the old Flight...and possibly their leader. What do you guys think?

Well, I doubt, seriously, that they'd kill Sasquatch. The idea Bendis might kill any of the long-standing characters is being left out there to sell more New Avengers comics to fans, I still think it all might be nonsense. The Collective may steal powers or fight them but to me only Shaman of the Byrnites may fall, since his daughter is a ready replacement.

So Sasquatch will survive this thing, so will Puck and most (if not all) the rest.

Welcome, bud!
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

While I am worried for all of them I think Sasquatch has become rather popular as of late, and will survive.

Welcome to Alpha Waves langkowski_fan!

Sas would be the safest of the group in my opinion. He's by far the strongest, plus he has a new action figure, a couple of busts in the past year, and has made numerous appearances over the past year or so. Why kill off a character that you're finally starting to use? Just doesn't make sense to me.

The guys a former linebacker as well as, what, a biochemist or whatever ... an intellectual at any rate. You gotta love the guys who break the false mold and go back to the original, where strength and brains come in a package deal.

Walt simply rocks too much to die ... "again".

I'd agree that he is the safest of the group.

But it all depends on what Mr. Bendis and Joe Q think.

A theory that keeps popping into my head is that he survives and and actually joins the New Avengers.

The avatar looks good on ya, welcome to the group.

Thanks for welcoming me guys!! I agree with what Powersurge said: Walt simply rocks to much to die!! I agree, it does seem like Walt has had a surge in popularity as of late, especially with all the busts and his Marvel Legends figure(which freakin' rocks!!), and that, coupled with his strength and everything, probably does make him the safest in the group. I like your theory PWalk...it'd be freakin' cool if he joined the New Avengers!! Maybe then he'd get the respect he deserves, and at least one Alpha member would be remembered. If he joined, New Avengers would definitely get to the top of my reading list!! I remember the dynamic Beast brought to the Avengers when he was a member, he brought alot of intelligence and humor, and I think that Sas could bring that same dynamic to the new team of Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by PWalk
    A theory that keeps popping into my head is that he survives and and actually joins the New Avengers.

The avatar looks good on ya, welcome to the group.
    That woud be awesome! If some of the long stadning members of AF split from Canada and joined the Avengers. It could finaly give the ailing team some modern validation.

It seems that the New Avengers have been sort of a "Good Ole Boy" reunion, in that it was a lot of Marvel's oldest, most badass characters that have also evolved with the times and were seen in all kinds of different books; Captain America, Iron Man, Wolverine, Luke Cage, Spiderman, and some other people who don't apply.

It was like Marvel cleaned out the Avengers of all the nobodies, then restaffed it with the best of the best from everywhere else.

Who in AF could fill that sort of role? Sasquatch... maybe. Shaman... I think so. Puck... I'd like to see that, he definatly fills the role of an old-schooler badass.

According to Busiek's Avengers Forever, Sasquatch is destined for Avengers membership...(and Northstar too, tho to a bad end to affiliation with the group.)
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

Well, considering the solicitions<sp> for March's New Avengers, I don't recall seeing anyone on the team in the cover... so the Sassy in the Avengers group wouldn't be that strange. And yes, I'd start buying NA if that were the case. I’d love to see the reaction when someone mentions Walt’s transgender existence.

Well apparently Sasquatch is in the Civil War poster featured in Wizard #172. I will see if I can scan it tommorow to see if it's true.

All right! This is all good news. It's starting to seem like there's hope for my favorite Alphan after all!! Yeah, and I remember Sas and Northstar being destined for Avengers membership in Avengers Forever...it'd be awesome to see that become a reality!!

Quote Originally Posted by langkowski_fan
    All right! This is all good news. It's starting to seem like there's hope for my favorite Alphan after all!! Yeah, and I remember Sas and Northstar being destined for Avengers membership in Avengers Forever...it'd be awesome to see that become a reality!!
    Yeah what issues did they appear in Avengers Forever? I never read the entire 12 ark, and did they do anything?

They were each part of crowd scenes in #11 and 12, the crowds being groups of Avengers fighting each other. Interestingly enough, Northstar was among the group of Avengers gone bad.
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.