Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which Alphans are depowered (spoilers? kind of)

Looking around, I would not trust that list. Both Skein and Rhapsody, who were listed, have been confirmed by numerous sources to be powered, not to mention the other factual errors present (Jade Dragon, various dead characters, etc...)

As for Alpha Flight, other than Aurora (powered) and Mesmero (not so much), I say it's still all up in the air.

Quote Originally Posted by MistressMerr
    As for Alpha Flight, other than Aurora (powered) and Mesmero (not so much), I say it's still all up in the air.
    I wonder if she will go to the X-Mansion or do something.

I'm in the camp of unless you see that the mutant is depowered ON PANEL, then the fate of the character is undetermined. Unless Windshear or Wild Child are featured in Generation M or someplace as having lost his powers, it's not gospel.

I also noticed that Wizard's list seeme to concentrate on characters from the 90's, the "Wizard era" while characters such as Goblyn, Pathway and Persuasion that were created and mostly used pre-Wizard are unmentioned.
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

Awww what month is it? I picked up the january issue thinking that was the one you guys were talking about

Considering I haven't picked up a comic for almost a year, just gotta ask. This depowering thing, does it remove just the owers or mutated appearences as well? Does Wildchild still look like Nosferatu or more like the original Kyle Gibney before he was messed about?
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

i always assumed that the nosfaratu look was cuz of Weapon X

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs
    Considering I haven't picked up a comic for almost a year, just gotta ask. This depowering thing, does it remove just the owers or mutated appearences as well? Does Wildchild still look like Nosferatu or more like the original Kyle Gibney before he was messed about?
    The way I always saw it was that Kyle was just a kid with a healing factor that went all nasty and ferral when they spliced in Wyre's DNA. Weapon X played around with him more making him all Nosferatu.

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs
    Due to the chaotic nature of Wanda's powers, a little bit of both. Some mutants who looked freaky woke up perfectly normal while others lost their powers but kept their mutant physiology (Stacy X for example, Polaris still has her green hair, etc.)

Yeah, the last time there was a mass-mutant-depowering, in Uncanny X-Men #379 (Apr 2000), there was a mix of both losing superpowers and losing mutant appearance. For instance, Nightcrawler lost his powers, and his blue color but still had two fingers on each hand. Maybe his bidactyly was not part of his mutation? Who knows? BTW, Northstar and Aurora make a tiny 1 panel cameo in that issue (note that Northstar is wearing Aurora's costume):

Love,
    rplass
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by rplass
    Yeah, the last time there was a mass-mutant-depowering, in Uncanny X-Men #379 (Apr 2000), there was a mix of both losing superpowers and losing mutant appearance. For instance, Nightcrawler lost his powers, and his blue color but still had two fingers on each hand. Maybe his bidactyly was not part of his mutation?
    Well, in UX #380 Kurt had five fingers. I think in #379 he taped his fingers together to mimic his old appearance if memory serves. The one thing I did notice though is Wolverine's hair never changed in that story even though it's been said his do is due to his mutancy.

Quote Originally Posted by Legerd
    Yeah, the last time there was a mass-mutant-depowering, in Uncanny X-Men #379 (Apr 2000), there was a mix of both losing superpowers and losing mutant appearance. For instance, Nightcrawler lost his powers, and his blue color but still had two fingers on each hand. Maybe his bidactyly was not part of his mutation?
    Well, in UX #380 Kurt had five fingers. I think in #379 he taped his fingers together to mimic his old appearance if memory serves. The one thing I did notice though is Wolverine's hair never changed in that story even though it's been said his do is due to his mutancy.
    His hair GROWTH is due to his mutant gene, not his hair STYLE. Still not sure what's up with that...
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

Quote Originally Posted by HappyCanuck
    His hair GROWTH is due to his mutant gene, not his hair STYLE. Still not sure what's up with that...
    Robin Williams is that hairy and I'm pretty sure he's not a mutant. Seriously, I read somewhere the reason his hair is fanned like that was due to his hair being akin to spines (ala porcupine) which allowed them to remain up like that, which would come from his mutant gene. Now that's what I read, whether that's the official explaination or not I couldn't say.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Mungi
    Quote Originally Posted by MistressMerr
    I wonder if she will go to the X-Mansion or do something.
    I think all of the 198 remaining powered mutants go to the X-mansion in the Xmen 198 series. Then they end up.... SURPRISE!... fighting each other.

BTW, Northstar and Aurora make a tiny 1 panel cameo in that issue (note that Northstar is wearing Aurora's costume):

Love,
    rplass
    hehehe I wonder exactly how many time thats happened? can you imagine him in the yellow costume???