Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which Alphans are depowered (spoilers? kind of)

Default Which Alphans are depowered (spoilers? kind of)

More info I gleaned from this copy of Wizard. I have no idea if this is a spoiler as there's no indication if this is just from a list Marvel gave out or it's going to be the subject of a comic one day but I'll give some space regardless.

Depowered Alpha related mutants so far:

Flex
    Ghost Girl
    Jade Dragon
    Mesmero
    Murmur
    Radius
    Wildchild
    Windshear

I've known about it for a while, but I'm still supremely bummed about Mesmero, he's one of my favourite characters.

I've heard about the rest, but not Windshear....where did you hear about him, Adam? This is where I heard about the list from Wizard and Windshear apparently isn't on it(or at least he wasn't posted by the person that posted the Wizard list...for some reason).

http://www.comixfan.com/xfan/forums/...&page=10&pp=20

It's kind of a moot point with Radius, since he's...well...dead and all.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Windshear's in the list on page 87. The list you linked to is missing a good 2/3rds of the names here. It's a big list.

I noticed a couple things to make me a skeptic of the list.
    The first is some characters I'm not sure are mutants, but I'm not really motivated to research it.
    Many of the characters on the list haven't been seen in years, and it sometimes seems like the list is a tabulation of characters who have been in limbo forever. Some of those limbo characters like Radius as Dana pointed out, are already dead.
    "Hazard" is in both categories. I remember him from early Unadjective X-Men, but don't remember if he's a mutant and don't think he's been used since.
    One point that makes me skeptical is ALL of the characters from Excalibur Volume Two seem to be on the list. Claremont is known for his loyalty to his pet characters, so will he quietly let just about everything from that Excalibur go? I doubt it. Xavier's part of the Illuminati, isn't he?
    I don't read Wizard. What's their list quoted from, named sources or someone official and open with Marvel? There's no list on their site.
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

I think each writer will use whatever mutants his editor lets him get away with. So in Wolverine you might see Windshear depowered but making hard air sculptures in Astonishing, or Flex at a universiy depowered but at a meeting in uniform, powered. I doubt they'll try hard for continuity. That'll make it hard to create a true list of the depowered.

AF in 2006 is a great idea, though
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Quote Originally Posted by kozzi24
    I noticed a couple things to make me a skeptic of the list.
    The first is some characters I'm not sure are mutants, but I'm not really motivated to research it.
    Many of the characters on the list haven't been seen in years, and it sometimes seems like the list is a tabulation of characters who have been in limbo forever. Some of those limbo characters like Radius as Dana pointed out, are already dead.
    "Hazard" is in both categories. I remember him from early Unadjective X-Men, but don't remember if he's a mutant and don't think he's been used since.
    Hazard is/was a mutant(he was a childhood friend of Xavier and both of their fathers worked at a nuke plant...or something like that).

One point that makes me skeptical is ALL of the characters from Excalibur Volume Two seem to be on the list. Claremont is known for his loyalty to his pet characters, so will he quietly let just about everything from that Excalibur go? I doubt it. Xavier's part of the Illuminati, isn't he?
    I don't read Wizard. What's their list quoted from, named sources or someone official and open with Marvel? There's no list on their site.
    All I know is...Claremont is partly(a big part from what I've heard) responsible for the depowering of most of the mutants...he was a big supporter of their population being pared down. I'm curious about Wizard's sources too.

Dana

Arg, Marvel is killing me!!! Windshear was one of my favourite characters from the original series, but it's par for the course. Whenever an Alphan becomes too powerful he/she is either weakened or killed.

The magazine describes it as an "official list" for what that's worth.

...and for the record I don't usually read Wizard either.

Jade Dragon was a mutant? Had no clue and that sucks because Iloved that character.
    Windshear is another one worthy of a return but alas now powerless I guess he'll have to settle in for a desk job again.

Jade Dragon isn't/wasn't a mutant. Some one at Marvel should have read his orign. Still they prolly got there info from X-Force history, not AF.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Thats what I thought. I always liked that character.

Quote Originally Posted by Legerd
    Arg, Marvel is killing me!!! Windshear was one of my favourite characters from the original series, but it's par for the course. Whenever an Alphan becomes too powerful he/she is either weakened or killed.
    I think he could have also been a great black character too(there's not many out there that don't get depowered or killed...thankfully he's only been depowered)...but he can come back and get his powers back...it's not permanent.

Dana

Hey...Thats right...Jade Dragon was granted his powers via magical means...he isn't a mutant...so he's still powered as far as I'm concerned.

Dana

Man, I hated to hear that both Windshear and Wild Child lost their powers. I always hoped that Wild Child would come back to Alpha, and his appearance would be similar to the one in the X-Factor comic. Hated what they did with Kyle in Weapon X. Windshear was always pretty cool too, hate to hear that.