Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Snowbird Question

[quote="King_Mungi"]
    Quote Originally Posted by kozzi24
    Well apparently she does have the wisdom of the gods, so I don't know about that. Still Great Beasts are from Canada so they should still be in her "range" of changing.
    well, actually, TECHINCIALLY, the Great Beasts aren't from around here, since, in their original reign, Canada didn't exist. So I guess the same would apply to dinosaurs and other extinct animals...
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

Wendigo also may be a natural creature like the sasquatches.
    or a native to canada spirit.
    check this out:
    http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix3/wendigoblaze.htm
    http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix2/wendigosm.htm

Zekearooni

Quote Originally Posted by HappyCanuck
    well, actually, TECHINCIALLY, the Great Beasts aren't from around here, since, in their original reign, Canada didn't exist. So I guess the same would apply to dinosaurs and other extinct animals...
    What I meant was their domain [as she calls it] was Canada or the area that would be Canada. Like the Gods of the Arctic main domain is in the north, and the Great Beasts would often battle with them so they had to be in the same domain. As Mauvais Wendigo said Canada was a lot more interesting place with magic back in the day and then he resurrected all these monsters very much like the Wendigo

It's an interesting point about Snowbird possibly taking the form of extinct animals native to Canada. I'd like to see her take the form of a Great Auk or woolly mammoth, myself.

Talking about Snowbird here's another question:
    How is it that originally she would become just like the animal she changed into, and when she changed from one animal to another it was very painful, and later on she's talking when she's an animal and easily changing from one to another?

Zeke

Quote Originally Posted by zekethegreat
    Talking about Snowbird here's another question:
    How is it that originally she would become just like the animal she changed into, and when she changed from one animal to another it was very painful, and later on she's talking when she's an animal and easily changing from one to another?
    Zeke
    Yep, another thing is she had to go animal form to base form to another animal in that order to transform, but later she could start off as a cougar and instantly turn into a Wendigo.

King Mungi:
    That's exactly what I said.

The Zekemeister

Quote Originally Posted by zekethegreat
    King Mungi:
    That's exactly what I said.

The Zekemeister
    I know, I just used an example of it.

maybe is was a matter of self discipline to hone her skills.

Quote Originally Posted by shaman
    Quite possibly, since even Shaman didn't have that much control of his poutch when he inverted it. However, in Avengers he saved them all from an atomic blast and was pulling things out from thr poutch that were picking then the poutch mouth. Like prior he couldn't do that in the past, hence; why Beyonder had to save Talisman.

Quote Originally Posted by shaman
    I first thought that, but then I read What if? Wolverine fought Weapon X (#62, i think), and there she's talking as an owl and changes from an owl to a bear.

Zeke

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Somebody has to clear all this up. So, three words:

Bad writing.

(And, bad counting.)

- Le Messor
    "Don't marry for money; you can borrow it cheaper."
    Last edited by Le Messor; 05-06-2011 at 05:53 AM.

No I don't think it's all bad writing, heroes can and have improved over time. I don't really take it as an error since it seems to be the norm today

Well, would you call being able to talk as an animal an impovment on turning completely into an animal?
    I say it's just silly turning into an animal and being able to talk normally.(and I think it's impossible too)

Zeke

The asbility to talk while in animal form does seem to contradict the limit to her power that if she stayed in animal form too long, the animal nature would take over.
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.