Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Snowbird Question

Default Snowbird Question

Well since Snowbird could transform into Tanaraq and even Wendigo, is it even possible for her to transform into the other main Great Beasts? Like transform into Kolomaq and control winter or turn into Kariooq, etc.?

she could probably take thier forms, but not have any of thier powers beyond thier phisical atributes. So she could take the form of Tundra, but would not be able to get super big by absorbing the ground into her boday ect.

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    she could probably take thier forms, but not have any of thier powers beyond thier phisical atributes. So she could take the form of Tundra, but would not be able to get super big by absorbing the ground into her boday ect.

Ben
    See that's what I wasn't sure about that from her comments when she battled Tanaraq.
    http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c1...light23-19.jpg
    http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c1...light23-20.jpg

However, you could be right on that she would only get their physical abilities.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

I think it's clear she couldn't, not as originally conceived. They're not Canadian. ("Neither Walter Langowski nor Tanaraq is from Canada");
    But the later version, who could be a whale, probably could.

As to the powers--? I don't know.

- Le Messor
    "By all means marry: If you get a good wife,you'll become happy; if you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher."
    - Socrates

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor
    I think it's clear she couldn't, not as originally conceived. They're not Canadian. ("Neither Walter Langowski nor Tanaraq is from Canada");
    But the later version, who could be a whale, probably could.

As to the powers--? I don't know.

- Le Messor
    "By all means marry: If you get a good wife,you'll become happy; if you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher."
    - Socrates
    Well even her going to various dimensions they wern't Canada, but she never did lose her powers there. Even fairly recently she crossed over the border and AF battled the X-Men and she didn't lose her powers.

Oh yes that was a good issue with the Avengers and Alpha Flight battling Atlantis. Black Knight was impressed with her.

The only limitation Snowbird's shape changing power had was she could only take the form of an animal native to Canada's arctic regions. She was able to take on Sas's form because the Langkowski/Tanaraq hybred body was "born" in the arctic. As to being able to cross the border without it killing her, it's believed that particular limitation was lost after she died and was ressurected by AIM.

Quote Originally Posted by Legerd
    it's believed that particular limitation was lost after she died and was ressurected by AIM.
    AIM didn't ressurect her, they found her alive due to her rejuventation factor. I'll see if I can post scans later.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Mungi
    it's believed that particular limitation was lost after she died and was ressurected by AIM.
    AIM didn't ressurect her, they found her alive due to her rejuventation factor. I'll see if I can post scans later.
    I have the story where they discuss it and someone (Mac or Walt) says it was a healing factor that brought her back, but I personally hate that explaination. After all, wouldn't the gods have said something to Shaman so he could go and get Snowbird instead of just letting AIM find her? It makes more sense, to me, since AIM was looking to collect mystical beings at the time that they would have located her gravesite and went to get a sample of her DNA (from the blood that would have been left frozen in the ice) which they used to clone her. After all whose body does Walt have if not Narya's?

Quote Originally Posted by King_Mungi
    I have the story where they discuss it and someone (Mac or Walt) says it was a healing factor that brought her back, but I personally hate that explaination. After all, wouldn't the gods have said something to Shaman so he could go and get Snowbird instead of just letting AIM find her? It makes more sense, to me, since AIM was looking to collect mystical beings at the time that they would have located her gravesite and went to get a sample of her DNA (from the blood that would have been left frozen in the ice) which they used to clone her. After all whose body does Walt have if not Narya's?
    It might not make sense at all [since Walter has Snowbird's remains], but it was still stated that she was brought back from rejuvenation not AIM's doing. I would perfer if it was them, but were changing the actual story.

For those who wanted to see the scans here they are...
    1)
    http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c1...lverine143.jpg

2)
    http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c1...rine14321b.jpg

3)
    http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c1...rine14322b.jpg

The only limitation Snowbird's shape changing power had was she could only take the form of an animal native to Canada's arctic regions.
    To go with your point here she says things native to the artic
    http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c1...light23-18.jpg

here is says any thing native to Canada
    http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d1...rine172-07.jpg

Isn't it possible that Snowbird could turn into Sasquatch because there is such a animal that lives in the North?(as seen in Vol. 2)

Quote Originally Posted by zekethegreat
    Isn't it possible that Snowbird could turn into Sasquatch because there is such a animal that lives in the North?(as seen in Vol. 2)
    You have a good point there zeke. If as vol 2 showed, wild Sas's do exist, then Snowbird shouldn't have a problem assuming that form.

Oh and welcome to the boards.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Yep Sasquatch's do exist in the Marvel universe outside of Tanaraq

but when ever she transformed into the white Sasquatch she always made note she was doing it since the Great Beasts were formed in the North.

She may not have known the wild Sasses exist, but should still be able to take the form.
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

Quote Originally Posted by kozzi24
    She may not have known the wild Sasses exist, but should still be able to take the form.
    Well apparently she does have the wisdom of the gods, so I don't know about that. Still Great Beasts are from Canada so they should still be in her "range" of changing.

Edit: Would dinosaurs be in her "range" of transformations?