Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Aurora's Light powers

Quote Originally Posted by rplass
    In the Age of Apocalypse title, "Tales from the Age of Apocalypse: Sinister Bloodlines", Aurora uses a lightning strike power. She also shoots bolts of lightning in Factor X #2, also an Age of Apocalypse title. I guess those don't really count because it's an alternate reality, but I thought I'd mention them.

Love,
    rplass
    It counts thanks a lot. I will check them out

On another thread, someone had recently decried how the fans and not the writers and editors give explanations for discrepencies. The last pic on this thread showed Simon Furman attempting to explain the differences in the twins' use of power. Differences between the twins would be a natural effect of Walter's adjustment to Aurora, and differences in the personalities would serve for better characterization.

I for one would like to see the powers of Northstar, Aurora and Jeanne-Marie differentiated more to make each a more specific asset to the team and briong less repetition to the team.

I see Northstar as superspeed flight and able to produce a blinding glow. Aurora/J-M can fly and move faster than human, but no longer anywhere near as fast as Northstar Aurora would weild more offensive uses of the light, while only Jeanne-Marie would be capable of the lulling and healing aspects of the light.

Also looking at the panel with the wrecker, I don't know if the intent would be to generate actual ELECTRICAL lightning. The wrecker called it that because that's probably what it looked like. Aurora was calling out for him to "burn" not to fry or zap, and the caption would also indicate that her burst was light energy, not lightning.
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

Quote Originally Posted by kozzi24
    I see Northstar as superspeed flight and able to produce a blinding glow. Aurora/J-M can fly and move faster than human, but no longer anywhere near as fast as Northstar Aurora would weild more offensive uses of the light, while only Jeanne-Marie would be capable of the lulling and healing aspects of the light.

Also looking at the panel with the wrecker, I don't know if the intent would be to generate actual ELECTRICAL lightning. The wrecker called it that because that's probably what it looked like. Aurora was calling out for him to "burn" not to fry or zap, and the caption would also indicate that her burst was light energy, not lightning.
    We don't know the other things the Hand gave Northstar, apparently his own words he says there is more. Also is Aurora still mach 1 even after the Weapon X experiments and boost? She can speed up things now.

Problem with that is if you get hit by lightening you actually do burn. Also I just picked up the AoA editions and even then Aurora mentions electrical powers. Her exact words, "Cochon! You've hurt Jean-Paul! With every last volt of electricity coursing through my body-I will make you regret-"

Quote Originally Posted by King_Mungi
    "Cochon! You've hurt Jean-Paul! With every last volt of electricity coursing through my body-I will make you regret-"
    lol. She's saying the guy is a pig. When she say that, I always get the mental image of the guy been an exhibitionist or that he cheated on her. Or the guy is a lot dirty and need a bath fast.
    Quand l'appétit va, tout va!
    -Obélix

Quote Originally Posted by syvalois
    "Cochon! You've hurt Jean-Paul! With every last volt of electricity coursing through my body-I will make you regret-"
    lol. She's saying the guy is a pig. When she say that, I always get the mental image of the guy been an exhibitionist or that he cheated on her. Or the guy is a lot dirty and need a bath fast.
    haha that's one way to visualize it
    ========
    EDIT: Here are the two scans

Factor X #2

Sinister Bloodlines

We don't know the other things the Hand gave Northstar, apparently his own words he says there is more. Also is Aurora still mach 1 even after the Weapon X experiments and boost? She can speed up things now.

Problem with that is if you get hit by lightening you actually do burn. Also I just picked up the AoA editions and even then Aurora mentions electrical powers. Her exact words, "Cochon! You've hurt Jean-Paul! With every last volt of electricity coursing through my body-I will make you regret-"
    You're absolutely right, but I still don't like it...the powers, that is. To me it's a matter of not letting things get too convoluted. She's a speedster, used to be able to generate blinding light when she touches her brother's hand, but now they nullify each other's powers (or do they still) and she used to be faster but now he is, and he suppresses his light abilities, and she can shoot concussive light and mesmerizing light and now lightning, which indicates maybe she can control other aspects of the weather if she can generate winds by flying fast and lightning, or maybe she controls electromagnetic spectrum and is really the daughter of Magneto...lol.
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

You're absolutely right, but I still don't like it...the powers, that is. To me it's a matter of not letting things get too convoluted. She's a speedster, used to be able to generate blinding light when she touches her brother's hand, but now they nullify each other's powers (or do they still) and she used to be faster but now he is, and he suppresses his light abilities, and she can shoot concussive light and mesmerizing light and now lightning, which indicates maybe she can control other aspects of the weather if she can generate winds by flying fast and lightning, or maybe she controls electromagnetic spectrum and is really the daughter of Magneto...lol.
    Don't know if they still cancel each other out, I have no idea the process Weapon X did to her other than give her the "speed" things up ability and tear apart molecules.

Actually Northstar was always faster, but Aurora had better endurance [Alpha Flight #1].

With her having so much variety with her powers, it's not like a writer is going to use them anyways. Like really even in Weapon X from what I recall she never did one flashbang, or anything with her light powers. If written to her what her abilities she can do it's possible she could even take the Hulk. [Calming light weaken him, give him a speed blitz charging up his entire body]
    ======
    Sidenote: can anyone get me scans of Aurora calming Human tourch? I'm on back order for the issue and it won't arrive for awhile.

Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

Quote Originally Posted by HappyCanuck
    You sir are my hero, straight up Batman...no questions asked. Thanks a lot.

I'm in a debate at another board, and I'm arguing Aurora's calming powers would work on Hulk while another says it wouldn't. Does anyone know any examples of Hulk being calmed in a similar fashion or Aurora do something like this to a similar character?

The X-men used a "Bambi-esque" hologram and knock out gas in the Danger Room to calm the Hulk after the Banner half of him was sent off to another dimension by Franklin Rogers at the end of the Onslaught story arc. It didn't work, but that may be because the Banner half of him was gone.

With her having so much variety with her powers, it's not like a writer is going to use them anyways. Like really even in Weapon X from what I recall she never did one flashbang, or anything with her light powers. If written to her what her abilities she can do it's possible she could even take the Hulk. [Calming light weaken him, give him a speed blitz charging up his entire body]
    ======
    Sidenote: can anyone get me scans of Aurora calming Human tourch? I'm on back order for the issue and it won't arrive for awhile.
    Just looking at that picture and the bottom panel. Just got to wondering if? Aurora can fly longer than him, is that because she is fitter than JP (He was an Olympic level skier, while she was a teacher), or part of her Mutant power?
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs
    Just looking at that picture and the bottom panel. Just got to wondering if? Aurora can fly longer than him, is that because she is fitter than JP (He was an Olympic level skier, while she was a teacher), or part of her Mutant power?
    No, it's only because she's a woman and that JP is a man.
    Quand l'appétit va, tout va!
    -Obélix

Quote Originally Posted by syvalois
    Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs
    No, it's only because she's a woman and that JP is a man.
    That's true...most women can go longer than most men...

Ben