Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: From Gods To Clods

Quote Originally Posted by HappyCanuck
    Never said I was swift
    But did Swifty ever say he was a happy Canuck?

Quote Originally Posted by Phil
    Never said I was swift

that was lame, I'm telling Todd on you...
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

Never said I was swift
    All Canucks are happy by nature, it's in their genetic make up. I read this book was which tells you so. In it, Dr Godfrey Doolally presented a very good ...
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Now... we may continue
    A Mod walks amongst us, what colours can you make your hair go Phil?
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Brown to grey to white around you lot...

Truely you are a Mod amongst men.

You got my dinner money back yet?
    Del

If by dinner money you mean enough for a bottle of vodka and a pack of Rizla, yes.

If by dinner money you mean enough for a bottle of vodka and a pack of Rizla, yes.
    Your a good person Phil. I knew Allan was lying when he said all those bad things about you.

Not telling tales or anything
    Del

Or maybe its really "earth-coloured", and thus could be light brown or dark brown or black or sandy blonde ... or even green maybe!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Powersurge
    Or maybe its really "earth-coloured", and thus could be light brown or dark brown or black or sandy blonde ... or even green maybe!!!
    I sincerely doubt we could do any of the above, whereas we have been going on different interpretations to try and figure Thors hair colour, we hae Phils word that his hair is multi coloured. I have to believe him as he got my dinner money back.
    Del

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs
    I sincerely doubt we could do any of the above, whereas we have been going on different interpretations to try and figure Thors hair colour, we hae Phils word that his hair is multi coloured. I have to believe him as he got my dinner money back.
    Yes, but all we really have are the words "brown", "grey" and "white", which, depending on who reads them could potentially mean blue, gold, and/or rainbow swirl.

Yes, but all we really have are the words "brown", "grey" and "white", which, depending on who reads them could potentially mean blue, gold, and/or rainbow swirl.
    Yes, but the words written by Phil are in the context of todays English whereas the words describing Thors Barnet are rough translations from centuries old text which have been bastardised by whoever has translated them, or translated and interpreted the already translated and interpreted centuries old text. Or not as the case may be
    Del

Yes, but the words written by Phil are in the context of todays English whereas the words describing Thors Barnet are rough translations from centuries old text which have been bastardised by whoever has translated them, or translated and interpreted the already translated and interpreted centuries old text. Or not as the case may be
    Indeed. The word that we use to indciate brown today, ie. brown, is the descendent of the same word that we used for brown 1000 years ago, which itself is descended from a root that was used to indicate things brown.

Godforbid someone suggest that 1+1 = 2. Some genius would find someway to overcomplicate the matter, in true genius fashion.

But hey

Indeed. The word that we use to indciate brown today, ie. brown, is the descendent of the same word that we used for brown 1000 years ago, which itself is descended from a root that was used to indicate things brown.

Godforbid someone suggest that 1+1 = 2. Some genius would find someway to overcomplicate the matter, in true genius fashion.

But hey
    The word may remain the same, but would all historical text writers have the same definition of brown, or would some describe Auburn of mild ginger as brown. What we need is somone who went to the Pub with Thor, or at least knew his hairdresser.
    As for 1+1=2, in standard maths yes, but in a binary sequence, then we have problems.
    Del