Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alphans in X-Men:The 198 Files

Default Alphans in X-Men:The 198 Files

From the preview Aurora's featured in the handbook style guide, so that implies she's still got her powers;

http://www.comicon.com/pulse/images_05a/198xm2.jpg

She's listed as "Significant" (Being in the middle from severe to low)

It doesn't imply it, it comfirms it. The writers of it have stated several times that anyone in the 198 Files IS a mutant, 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by MistressMerr
    It doesn't imply it, it comfirms it. The writers of it have stated several times that anyone in the 198 Files IS a mutant, 100%.
    Then how do you explain this one: http://www.comicon.com/pulse/images_05a/198xm1.jpg

Because someone there has most definitely lost his powers.

I have no idea how this depowering works. For instance Iceman lost his powers, but in the latest X-Men issue he got them back. Ooooook

Warren's appearance in there is still unexplained. But it HAS been confirmed anyone in that book is still a mutant. Until Generation M #4, we won't know what's going on. For all we know, he's just being interviewed as someone who has previously lost his powers, not one of the depowered ones. Covers can be misleading.

Well we do know the female Angel lost her powers.

This whole House of M depowering mutants is pointless; because I highly doubt it will last.

Agreed, there's not much point to the 'depowering' when some instantly get their powers back. Poor Marvel, can't make a sane decision to save its life.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

To be fair, in the case of Iceman (the most obvious example), considering it's happening IN the Decimation tie-in, Iceman was clearly intended to keep him powers. It's not like they de-powered him and then went back on it.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Mungi
    I have no idea how this depowering works. For instance Iceman lost his powers, but in the latest X-Men issue he got them back. Ooooook
    I thought that was kind of cheating too, and already over-convoluting a story before the first arcs of a story are done.

I also question Polaris' loss of powers. Isn't green hair part of her mutant make-up? If so, shouldn't her hair have reverted to a natural color if she lost her powers?
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

Quote Originally Posted by kozzi24
    I also question Polaris' loss of powers. Isn't green hair part of her mutant make-up? If so, shouldn't her hair have reverted to a natural color if she lost her powers?
    Marvel doesn't really follow mutations to well, for instance Beasts second mutation should not have changed him into a cat. His mutation was his big hands and feet, and he turned into the classic beast due to an experiment. So shouldn't his second mutation resulted in him getting bigger feet and hands?

Yeah...The whole secondary cat mutation thing is really stupid. I think all secondary mutations happen to be stupid, actually....I mean come on...a telepath that can transform into a diamond form, a winged flying mutant who suddenly has blood that can heal others...lame. Why would their secondary mutations be powers that have nothing to do with their primary abilities? Wouldn't it logically be an extention of...or an ability somehow connected with their primary mutation? Like Archangel gaining a secondary mutation of bird-like claws on his hands and feet(weird, I know...but much more logical)...in addition to his wings, hollow bones and eagle-eye vision.

I have to also ask why some mutants have a buttload of extra powers, where others do not....Icarus for example...he has a mutant vocal power(which showed up first in the comics...in his very first appearance), wings that allow him to fly(does he have hollow bones too, like Archangel?) and he has a mutant healing factor....how?

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Yeah, I will agree with you guys on how stupid the whole secondary mutations things is. I want my ape Beast back!

Also, the thing with Polaris' hair was explained in Generation M #1. Some mutants lost their powers, but kept their mutant physiology.

so basically, if Nightcrawler would have lost his powers, he would've kept his mutated LOOKS but lose the teleportation. Kinda makes sence, since his appearance was due - technically - to his X-Factor gene and not his mutant powers. His APPEARANCE, tho making him obviously a mutant, was something he was born with, but, iirc, he was near puberty before his true mutant ability - teleportation - developed (I remember it being said that the only time he's seen teleporting as a child, it was due to Azazel teleporting him, keeping the infant Kurt from going 'splat' all over the base of the falls that Mystique dropped off of, since Azazel kinda needed the little guy). Would kinda make sence for Lorna then. Near as I can tell, it's not their X-Factor gene that's being elimintated, just their powers. Lorna's hair isn't her power, just a result of her X-Factor gene, something she was born with...
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

Yes and no. It was pretty random what happened and some mutants lost their mutant physiologies as well. So, basically there were three possible outcomes: mutants either kept their powers and physiology, lost their powers and kept their physiology (like Polaris), or lost both (for example, Beak).

ahh, wasn't sure about that. Having been seriously cut off from my collecting resourses, I'm not all that up-to-date on things... Like Beak: I thought the Beak from 616 was the one in Exiles??
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine