Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Talisman

Default Talisman

I don't have all her apperances, but how strong is she? She has the ability to "manipulate and use all magic. She can do so by re-directing that magic or absorbing it or using it to cast spells. She is capable of controlling spirits". What are some of her feats that I didn't read? since many say she is the strongest AF member, but I havn't read all of her feats.

Is he capable of going toe to toe with Strange?

What about the time she pulled Shaman's medicine(magic)bag over her head and absorbed all the spells and suvived?

A description from SOMEWHERE in Volume 1 that stands out for me is that Shaman can request assistance of the spirits, Talisman can COMMAND them.

I would think Doc Strange is more powerful, not because he is more widely known, but because he is adept ay more forms of magic, on this world and others.
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

Talisman, apparently, had several functions:

She (the bearer of the Talisman) was supposed to be the one who had to fight Llan everytime he resurfaced, as well as jailor of the Ska'r (as seen in AF1.110-112). In those cases, she commandeered Alpha (as well as Nemesis' Gamma Flight) to take on the supervillians that Llan 'imported' to keep the team occupied while he opened the Gateway of Night (even if she was the reason he was free to go about amokking in the first place - she's young, so oopses are allowed to a degree), and later, after a failed attempt to take him out solo, spearheaded the team with the help of Dr. Strange to finally open the Gateway of the Day to repel him. In the case of the Ska'r, she finessed Gamma Flight (who was previously and post-event Beta Flight at the time) with the help of Windshear to take out the Master, Omega Flight II and the Ska'r (this was while Alpha Flight was too busy in the States (slash-God knows where) during the Infinity War cross-over to do anything about it). Not to meantion she was instrumental in repelling the DreamQueen's advance on the waking world).

Aside from those, I can't think of any 'feat' she did that didn't involve spite against Shaman for sticking her with the damned headband - such as hindering Alpha - esp Shaman - while they were up against Pestilence. In effect, it was HER fault that the Great Beasts, and Snowbird in Tanaraq's form, fell under his spell, and summarily it was her fault that Heather hand to kill Snowbird!
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

Quote Originally Posted by shaman
    What about the time she pulled Shaman's medicine(magic)bag over her head and absorbed all the spells and suvived?
    Yeah I have that issue

1)
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1..._v1_090_12.jpg

2)
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1..._v1_090_15.jpg

3)
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1..._v1_090_16.jpg

Here's a couple scans that show how powerful Talisman is:

Physically travelling inside Shaman's medicine pouch with ease. (AF V1 #27)

Snowbird bows before Talisman. (AF V1 #19)

Nice, thanks a lot.

I doubt she could go toe-to-toe with Strange. He's gone up against the likes of Eternity, Warlock with the Infinity Gauntlet and destroyed Shuma-Gorath.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperstorm
    I doubt she could go toe-to-toe with Strange. He's gone up against the likes of Eternity, Warlock with the Infinity Gauntlet and destroyed Shuma-Gorath.
    Shaman has stated multiple times, when she fully grows she will be the strongest of all. He said this when he went in the past with Talisman to fight Ranarq and one other time I have to look for to get the scans of.

Here's one time he says it,

Not Talisman, but I like how Shaman lets out a attack "and just for a single wretching moment the universe itself seems to blink out of existance, like a soap bubble suddenly impaled on a thorn"

Yeah, but she probably never will grow to her full strength.

Quote Originally Posted by MistressMerr
    Yeah, but she probably never will grow to her full strength.
    Well the thing is the magic Strange sends at her she can always send right back at him. I'll get the other scans later

I think if Elizabeth was to dedicate herself to studying her powers and following her fathers example, she probably would become the most powerful sorcerer (practitioner of magic) on earth.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Here's a major strength feat by Talisman.
    ==============
    Talisman
    Alpha Flight #112-Here's the story that showed the former Talisman teleporting an entire city with hundreds of thousands of people into an empty dimension. I even posted these scans earlier, but never clued in she teleported a city. I underestimated Talisman.

1. http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i4...ight112-10.jpg
    2. http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i4...ight112-11.jpg
    3. http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i4...ight112-12.jpg